“No longer Ridge Brewing as of Sept 30, 2013”

Ridge Brewing Company Pub & Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Serving up the South Okanagan's BEST Authentic Tex-Mex cuisine! Local favorites include Burritos, Chimichangas, Enchilada Platters as well as Black Angus aged steaks, ribs and Pub Appys! Fully licensed pub with 70-seat Mayan Patio outdoor area c/w waterfall & creekside dinning! We also have a 70 seat Family restaurant with a cozy fireplace and flat screen TV's. Something for everyone! Loco Charlie's Fiesta Pub & Grub (formerly The Ridge Brew Pub).
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We dropped in for dinner on September 25th. The place was empty, there was no draft beer on, and the brewery equipment had been removed a year earlier. The waitress/bartender told us the owners' lease was up at the end of the month, and they weren't renewing. However, new owners were taking over as of October 1, and she thought the place was still going to be a restaurant of some kind.

Given that the place was in the death throes, we had surprisingly good food, even though we were the only customers in the place for most of the time we were there.

The seasonality of Osoyoos makes it hard to keep a brew pub going - you need to turn your beer over while it's fresh, and if you can't do that, your beer tastes like crap. I'll be interested to see what appears in this location for next summer's tourist season.

1  Thank Adventurat

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Well "Brewing Company Pub" had me thinking, surely reasonably enough, that this would be a place with some interesting local ales. And since we are in the Okanagan Valley surely there would also be some reasonable wines on offer. In fact what was on tap was two low-end factory beers and the "wine list" was a red and white house plonk. This I could have gotten in a rural Canadian diner circa 1979. We were truly disappointed. For food we split a chicken fajita the shells for which were tooth-pullingly tough. The only service was from the bartender which meant not much. She was civil enough but that's it. We ate and left, never to return.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Having been here before and had a decent experience, we stopped in today for a bite of lunch. On arrival, there was 1 person at the bar and a table of 3 so not to busy. The interior features a turit with a large deco fireplace and a TV above. Today, they happened to be playing some weird movie from the early '90s.
Our server took the order but seemed to have an issue bringing my friends coffee. Even when we casually reminded her, 3 times. It finally arrived in a dirty cup, no sugar or spoon. During the wait for lunch 2 more tables arrived plus a group of 20. I knew this due to the other server yelling across the bar for 'Steve come and help us, I need you NOW!'
My meal was a crispy chicken sandwich. It was OK, nothing special. As we were on motorcycles there was no beer ordered. Add to that there was also no offer to refill my ice tea.
In this day of dining establishments trying to be profitable and set themselves apart, Ridge Brewing is setting themselves apart in the wrong direction. If you are looking for plain, simple and perhaps sub-par then you shouldn't be disappointed. But I think you should be able to do much better. Perhaps at the Burrowing Owl in the centre of town? Will try that one next time.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Came with my husband and had the veggie burger. It was great! The waitress suggested having it cooked well-done. Good call. :)

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This visit I brought my wife and 2 kids to this family friendly pub. Every time I have come to this pub I have had "excellent" food and "superb" service from the friendly staff. I had read some negative comments on this site lately so I asked to speak to the manager, Trevor. He did admit that they had had some staffing problems which have been corrected. He seemed very concerned that these issues surfaced and genuinely stressed that once he knows of a problem, he will deal with it. I was again very satisfied with my experiences at this location. I told Trevor this and he was pleased. He wishes everyone would tell him at the time of any issues so that he can deal with it right away. Both positive and negative.