“Good location, clean and comfortable.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Langley City
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable rooms and reasonably priced.
Breakfast typical of holiday inn but multiple high school teams were staying in the hotel as well making it impossible some days to find a seat to sit and eat breakfast. Good location for touring the lower mainland and a couple of minutes to Langley events Center. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

The lobby is beautiful and comfortable; the front desk staff are congenial and friendly; the room was nicely laid out with a wonderful shower. I could have stayed in it for an hour.
The breakfast was a typical extended buffet/continental with "omelet", boiled eggs, sausage and all the traditional continental items.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have stayed here twice this year. Each time I found it to be the same, an excellent hotel with friendly staff, dressed professionally and always willing to help with amenities, directions, bottled water , and recommendations for places to eat. The check in is fast, the elevators faster, and the lobby, dining area, pool, exercise room and grounds are clean and neat. The room had comfortable beds, windows that allowed fresh air in, excellent free wi fi , a very complete set of bathroom amenities, and plenty of power to charge my devices. There are plenty of food establishments in walking distance as well as plenty of shopping. The bar next door even has karaoke ! The coffee in the room was good quality, as was the breakfast area and food, plenty to choose from. The TV excellent, and the rooms quiet. As you can see I like this place, good management is always obvious. I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had a very comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The room was very clean and well appointed. The morning breakfast was quite good, and the staff was very helpful with directions and other questions. The pool looked very inviting, but we had no time to use it. There is a good restaurant next door- Rickey's. It was also very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I am a Gold Elite member of the IGH Programme and Holiday Inn has been my regular choice for accommodation. So far of all the Holiday Inn Properties I've been to, this has been the best. Breakfast is the regular Holiday Inn menu but they made it wholesome into a pleasant dining flair compared to the rest I've been. This is the only property that even offers silver ware. All the staff were excellent and helpful. The franchise owner is very lucky to have them in the team.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed here a few times per year for the past few years. I usually rate this hotel highly for its many strengths. It is always neat and tidy, clean and modern, and the staff have been generally helpful. The breakfast is above-average, and the pool area is nice.

What ruined my stay this time was the bonehead who wired the HVAC unit in the room to a motion sensor and timer. The heating, AC, or fan will remain on so long as people are moving in the room. Approximately 60-90 minutes after sensing no movement in the room, it will shut itself off. As a result, after setting the room to comfortable conditions and crawling into bed, you will likely wake up later in the night to find the room uncomfortably hot, cold, or stagnant. I had to get out of bed repeatedly through the night and walk in front of the motion sensor in order the get the HVAC running again. While I realize this was likely installed as an energy-saving feature, I seriously question the intellectual capacity of the person who decided to have this installed in such a way. It boggles my mind. As a result, I spent most of the night trying to get back to sleep. The first night I thought it was just my wife turning it off, but realized part way through the second night what was going on. I was too tired to bring it up with the staff before leaving, as I had a long drive home and wanted to get there before falling asleep.

Another thing I found tacky was they way they do not honor the BC Gov't Employee rates as negotiated by the province of BC. I have always had them book the room as such, only to find they bill $3-$10 above the negotiated rate. I have brought this to their attention in the past, and even brought in the rate schedule to show them, but they seem surprised to see this. They have eventually agreed to bill at the proper price. However, I have finally gotten tired of having to haggle for the correct rate and just payed it. For a hotel that seems to take pride in its attention to detail, I find it hard to believe this is merely an accident. I find it distasteful and tacky. Minor, but perhaps telling.

Finally, I found the beds hard and springy, though this may just come down to a matter of personal preference.

I left my 2 night stay feeling exhausted, and will consider other hotels in the area next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert W
YLGCA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your detailed and candid feedback, and for your continued patronage as a return customer. Your recognition of our strengths is also genuinely appreciated.
Your comments regarding the energy saving feature of the A/C system will be closely examined and studied by our management team. The system, as you have mentioned, has been in place for years with satisfactory results, however it does not mean that we cannot seek ways to more efficiently regulate airflow while saving energy with better technologies that may be available nowadays. With that said, we might have been able to come up with a more immediate workaround for you prior to your departure, should be able to share your dissatisfaction with us during your stay.

It was not our intention to confuse or not honor our customer with the BC government rate which we have been proudly offering for more than a decade, and it does fluctuate season to season and year to year. There could have been some inadvertent programming gaps which have caused the confusion. In light of this, we have since reviewed and recalibrated all our systems with the official government procurement directory to ensure that everything is accurately synchronized and displayed. I can assure you that similar confusion will not happen again in the future.

On behalf of the team, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay and express our appreciation for your constructive feedback. In addition, I would like to personally discuss your comments with you in finer details and hope to invite you back in the near future. Please email myself at jleung@hielangley.com at your convenience.

Regards,

Jeff Leung

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel seemed newer, but also seemed run down for its age. We stayed here for one night. It is a convenient location. The room was clean. The décor was cheaply selected. There was no King size beds (left?) so we stayed in 2 queens. The beds were ok. I'm picky when it comes to hotels and this did the job for the night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear GoldenLoverinAB,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W

Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 11 in Langley City
Hampton Inn & Suites Langley Surrey

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley? Share your experiences!