Not really impressed by the mould around the door. Was unable to get a room key until the following day - needed to be let in and out by the lobby staff. Room did not smell nice.
It was cheap and in a good location but that's about it.
I was too tired and late to not stay the one night although we were to stay three but the room smelt like smoke in a non smoking room. I could smell the sewer thru the bathroom and had to keep the fan on all night which interrupted my sleep. The room was small with visible signs of damage to door opening. Door would not lock, close for security. Woke up with sick family and could not breath so we left. Not willing to get room change if offered. This is the condition of this room, not willing to try another. Was not even crowded, was this the best you can offer. Very disappointed in this experience since I have stayed at Travel Lodge in past and always had pleasant experience. This reminded me of a seedy, dirty place. I would never stay there again. It was a waste of not only my money, my time and I feel contributed to our health being affected. I will question in the future this brand.
We have looked into your issues and have checked the main points of your concerns. Our engineer has examined the plumbing, the doorway and the AC unit. The room allocation was non-smoking and we have tested the room for any scents along with our cleaning supplier to find the root of any problem. All checked to be without any issue. We have recently added new mattresses in August and hope the bed was a comfortable rest.
The guest experience was not our aim for any clients stay and please do feel assured if there are any health concerns we have contracted professionals clean the carpets and pest control checking the rooms every month. We thank you for your comments and hopefully you will have a better experience next time.
When I checked in I was given room 110. My elelctronic key wouldn't work in the door so they transferred my to room 108.
When I opened the door the room had a sour odor coming out of it. I wandered around the room for a few minutes and tracked down the problem. The shower curtain, a cloth one, was soaked in urine. Someone had pissed in the shower and it soaked into the curtain. I tore the shower curtain off the rod and threw it outside. I then telephoned the front desk and told them I needed a new shower curtain. They never sent one. As a consequence I was unable to take a shower.
The pub next door played loud thumping rock music until midnight so I didn't get a great sleep either.
I will never stay at another Travellodge in my life and I urge you everyone to avoid this dump.