“Great place for a party or to burn energy”
Review of The Great Escape

The Great Escape
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Escape is an indoor family entertainment center and theme park for all ages. Large indoor jungle themed playground, interactive floors, Ballistic Ball area, 3D indoor mini golf, laser tag, Air Trek obstacle adventure, toddler area, redemption games and great food. Book birthday parties, team windups, corporate team building, private parties, corporate Christmas parties, fundraising venue or just drop in and play.
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Took my two kids, 11 and 2 to this place and there was something for both of them. It's a really huge area and I don't think we even saw all of it! It can get a little expensive but I'm glad they don't charge the adults. Would be nice if there was a bigger play area for toddlers to drive the little cars around. Felt small in there.

Oh yes, and I was surprised how good the food was. They said that they don't deep fry anything. I think I had some of the best BBQ wings I've ever had there. Very meaty and flavorful. It took a while to bake but it was worth it.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

They are having $5 special from 7-9pm in September. That's a great deal.

This is one of the few places my kids beg me to go when we visit Vancouver.

Kids run around for two hours having fun while I chat with my friends. Foods aren't cheap though. This place is well maintained, and I still think it is a great place to hang around with kids.

1  Thank syphone
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I think they forget that although the place is for children, that it's the parents who pay for it, and do they make them pay for it!!! Firstly, the loud, Led Zepplin music does not suit the toddlers there mid-day, mid-week. The no outside food policy is strictly enforced by having an angry employee approach us at the table demanding we close up our home-made snacks. We never brought in food from other restaurants. The rule was inconsistently applied because another customer had some grapes on their table and no one approached them, but our cup cakes were not allowed. I guess they thought we would suddenly want to spend money on their low-grade food at high-priced rates. Needless to say, our birthday party for only three children present had to bow to their strict rules and everyone went hungry. That kind of customer service did not create a return-customer attitude for anyone in our party.

3  Thank converge77
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Fabulous for kids to play while parents socialize with friends. Food is mainly kid style - hot dogs, cheeseburgers, popcorn and such.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great Escape is a child's dream! If your child cannot climb the levels themselves, be prepared for hours of squatting, hunching, and a sore back! But if your child is tall enough, you can sit back and relax while the kids go crazy. There are activities for all ages, including a ropes course and bowling! We booked the mezzanine for a hockey windup and were very impressed by the quality of both the service and the food. While a little on the pricey side, it's a fun place to visit.