“Another visit to Trinity Western University” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandman Hotel - Langley

Sandman Hotel - Langley
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Langley City
Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
“Another visit to Trinity Western University”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

The location of this Sandman is perfect for visiting our son who is attending TWU. The staff is top notch and the property is very well looked after. We have a 12 and 14 year old who are constantly hungry, so the Denny's that is attached to the hotel, is a perfect place to feed the them. Having not been a big fan of Dennny's in the past we were very happy that is was raining out and that we gave " Denny's a chance" after hering about some of thier new menu items from our parents. Denny's has really changed their menu and are making some really "healthy choices" for customer to choose from. The property is located a 3 minute walk to a large grocery store, bank and McDonalds ( wife likes thier coffee and it right across the street ). The price is fair and its as always clean. On the one stay, we had a problem with the shower tap. The front desk explained that it was 9:30 at night and that hey had to call in a maintance person to look at the problem. They gave us a freindly choice of waiting for 30 - 40 minutes for the maintance person to get to the propery or to change rooms. I was impressed that "we" were given choices to suite us. We have stayed at the property 6 times this past year...Our experiences at the Langley Sandman have been good enough to earn our business stay after stay after stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and well maintained in our opinion
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Prince George, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed at the sandman Langley recently, and was disappointed to find out that the shark club restaurant turned into a night club Friday and Saturday nights. got in late Friday night, exhausted and wanted a good nights sleep...was woken up at 2:00am by rowdy bar patrons yelling and screaming in parking lot. In the early morning kids running up and down hallway woke us up early in the morning, and after calling front desk was disappointed that nothing was done to quiet down the running. Upon checkout told clerk about our night, and got very little for an apology, with no sort of explanation. Was there on business, and will avoid this hotel next visit. Too bad because it is a great location.

Room Tip: no pool or spa here
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Langley City hotels

Abbotsford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

My husband and I took our kids to the Sandman in Langley for a night out. We rented a room with a queen bed and a pull out couch. Upon checking in, we noticed about a hundred teenage soccer players around the hotel. I commented about it and the lady said they wouldnt be anywhere near our room. We were put on the first floor and the blankets were outdated with some holes. The bathtub was FULL of hairs and the a/c in the room was loud and outdated. The TV's had horrible reception it seemed... All night long there was soccer players LOUDLY playing in the parking lot and they were running up and down the halls knocking on peoples doors and playing loud music. They were Loud and quite rude. My husband, myself and my kids barely got any sleep! While checking out, I mentioned this to a staff member at the front desk and all he said was, "did u call to let us know?" which of course, I didnt so I guess him and the manager in training at the front desk didnt think we were worth compensation. I have worked as a front desk manager for 7 years and I would never allow my guests to leave displeased like we did. I will never go back to the Sandman and its outdated rooms and uncaring staff.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

I stay at this Sandman when I go to the Vancouver area to confer with my editor and publisher. I have always found the staff friendly and very helpful. The room I am assigned is always clean and ready. The bed is comfortable and the elevator always works (this is not always the case in some hotels in which I stay). Denny's is conveniently located within the hotel and for a bit of nightlife the Shark Club serves up fine ales and snacks.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Average room. First impressions were that the hallway smelled very smoky and the room was dark with all lights on. The room itself was clean. Not a lot of hotel 'features'.

The baseboard heater was also very noisy (creaking).

Walking/short drive distance to a lot of things, so the location is good. Overall average, but i wouldn't necessarily return.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed July 5, 2012 for one night and had a pleasant surprise when I got my room. The single queen was actually a queen suite, with separate bedroom and two tvs. The room was clean, bed comfortable, modern fixtures. Staff were helpful and offered to let me park my motorcycle at the front door so staff could watch it. A Denny's is attached to the hotel. No pool or it would be a 5 star.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed at this location for 3 nights up to and the night of my wedding. Staff were so sweet, helpful and accommodating in absolutely every aspect. Thank you Sandman for being so reliable!

Room Tip: Elevator can take a bit of time and you have to swipe a card every time you want to go up. If you...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family