“It is worth it to drive someplace else for dinner.”
Review of Fox and Fiddle

Fox and Fiddle
Ranked #23 of 299 Restaurants in Langley City
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nicomeki
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Thought we would just walk over as we were staying next door at the Hampton hotel. It was a busy Saturday night at dinner time and the place was so noisy you had to yell to each other to be heard. The service was below average and the food was about a 4 out of 10.
We won't be going there again.

There are newer reviews for Fox and Fiddle

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great location next to the hotel, good food and friendly service, kitchen does close early. There is a limited menu for later hours.

2  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great little pub next to the Hampton Inn hotel, enjoyed the friendly staff and great food, will go again on our next visit. Oh, did I mention the cute young ladies in the tartan skirts?

2  Thank Redcoatregina
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Waited over 30 mins for our food. Watched as 3 tables after us got their food. Place was not busy. We usually frequent this place at least 3 or 4 times a month. Ordered a burger and a vegetarian noodle salad, with a side of garlic toast. The burger finally arrived with the cold and burnt garlic toast, no salad. Salad finally comes and it was swimming in grease and hot??? Are salads not supposed to be cold? Tried to eat it, but it was really gross. Ate one piece of the toast. The waitress who bought our food was really condescending with her face 6 inches from mine as she proclaimed "enjoy!!". I think she knew that serving two dinners minutes apart was not a good thing. Our original waitress finally appears and asked how the first bites were tasting. My husband had almost finished his burger. I had covered up the salad (??) and she asked if I liked it. I said no and she haphazardly asked, "ya want something else?" I told her no, and that the garlic toast was burnt (you could see where they had tried to scrape off the burnt portions, and cold. She asked my husband if he wanted a refill of his fountain drink and he said no. She bought one anyway (which was wasted). She appears again and asked if we wanted dessert. We said no and she whips out our bill (what happens if you do want dessert? She obviously was anticipating a no answer) In all fairness she did not charge me for the salad or toast. We left a $1.32 tip which we only did because we did not want to wait forever for our change. Did she offer us to speak to a manager? No. We always tip 15 to 20%. I really hope that tips are not pooled, as these two waitresses did themselves out of at least a $5.00 tip (imagine if the salad was good and we paid for it?) Our bill with the salad and toast should have been around $50.00, earning a max $10.00 tip. This is the first time ever that the service has been bad, as it is usually really good. We have come here for many fundraisers, special occasions and for many nights when I just don't want to cook. I really hope that the two waitresses read this and take a lesson from it. This has really left us with a bad feeling and we will not ever be back.

4  Thank Karin F
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Went to this pub as we were meeting friends for lunch...we got our first drink order taken and then we hardly saw our waitress ...when the other couple showed up in our party we had to find her and get her to come over but it still took another 5 ish minutes and when your hungry.....she then finally took our friends drink order and ordered our lunch...the drinks came but it was 40 minutes before our food came and no sight of our waitress that whole time. It was not busy, there was maybe 5 other tables and 2 other waitresses...so I don't know why it took so long...the food was average pub food, I had the chicken club, my husband had the fish and chips had good flavor but was really greasy! My girlfriend had the special BLT, can't really screw that up, but their fries weren't that great, maybe the fry oil needs to be changed more often...her husband had the chicken wings, they were just okay, a little over cooked actually.

1  Thank Lynda G