“Great patio seating for evening enjoyment or for your breakfast.”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Victoria, Canada
“Great patio seating for evening enjoyment or for your breakfast.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have stayed here multiple times and each time had a one queen bed room. The room is spacious and has a kitchen unit. Tiny bathroom with toilet and tub/shower, the sink is outside of the bathroom.

A good selection at their breakfast, including boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal and much more. The yogurt is not out on the counter but if you ask they gladly give it to you. Nice fruit selection, just a little under ripe.

On one of our stays the maid had not finished cleaning the room, towels still laying in the bathroom. The front desk was quick to give us a new room and apologized for the error.

We like to be able to sit outside in the evening. These rooms do not have a balcony but do have access to a nice patio with patio sets. The breakfast is a busy place and so it is nice that you can take your breakfast outside to the patio. It seems that some of the tall chairs have disappeared :( The high tables were still there but the chairs were gone??

The hotel is right next to the highway so while sitting on the patio you hear all the traffic but not once you are in your room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank A-847

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Best Western Plus Regency Inn looks quite nice outside when driving up. However, once inside, things change. The front desk person was nice and I gave all the necessary info to her including a Best Western Gift car voucher to be applied to the bill. We went to our room and then later on went to the pool area. The hot tub was extremely dirty with the water looking brown in appearance. The pool was clean but cold. The next morning we went to breakfast. Normally you would have a waffle or pancake maker in these hotels, but not this one. French toast and eggs. Not overly tasty. When we went to check out and they had lost the gift card voucher. Nice. I was told I would have to provide the number or she could not help me. I said I had left it with the front desk clerk upon check in, but was told they couldn't find it. Back up to the business centre to look up the voucher. I then went back to the front desk and waited to give her the number. I said that perhaps the staff should be trained a little better to know where to put these types of things (like in the filing drawer with my check in documents). She said she would try to get that memo out to the staff. There are other places to stay in the area, I would suggest trying a different hotel.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times. Most recently last week. No reservation. Desk staff helpful. I found the best online price on my smartphone in the parking lot and walked in and they matched it. Was a very hot day and the AC in my room was already turned on full blast when I got to my room. Don't know if that was by design or a mistake, but it felt great. Room in the annex (where the excellent free breakfast is served) across parking lot was clean and quiet. This hotel is my regular stop when passing thru Abbotsford on business. I'll be going there again.

Room Tip: I have always had rooms in the annex and they have all been great. I've never had a noise proble...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Canadaduck
Victoria
Reviewed 21 July 2014

nice hotel. room smells a little funky like an old hotel, but very clean and modern. bed looked soft, but turned out we all slept great. quiet location despite being on the ground floor right on the road and parking lot. very close to TCH and the wedding venue we went to. breakfast above average for "included free"

2 Thank Michael N
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Having stayed here in 2013, I knew that this was a great place to stay again in 2014. In fact, this stay ranked an even higher rating. We were given a large king room facing the highway. There was a slight problem with the air conditioner that the fan wouldn't stay on just by itself. Didn't want to risk hearing highway noise without the white noise from the fan, so the front desk moved us across the room into another room. Both rooms were very large and comfortable.

Facing the quiet residential side of the hotel, we had an excellent sleep. The large room had lots of space and numerous plugins for electrical devices. Breakfast was served in a huge room and there many hot choices to start the day on the right foot. Coupled with the helpful and friendly staff, this is an excellent place to stay. We'll be back in 2015!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the residential neighbourhood
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DuncanMusicman
Stettler, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The service was fine but the rooms were in need of an upgrade. I have had a knee replacement done 4 yr. ago and to get off of the toilet is a real chore, so I went to the mall to go to the toilet. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has that problem.

victoria, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stay at only Best western Hotels. I canceled a room weeks ago and got charged for it because there was no record of the cancellation. On the Same night I stayed down the road in Langley. If i had realized my room was not canceled i would have driven there and saved myself 24000 points. I would not recommend this hotel, although the experience at the time was good. It left a taste in my mouth.