“Great and helpful staff”

BEST WESTERN Bakerview Inn
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
“Great and helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

After a long day of travel we arrived hungry and wore out from driving all day. The front desk person was very friendly and helpful in recommending a near by restaurant open at 9 pm.
The room was very nice king bed and comfortable.
After leaving and driving to Kelowna I realized I left my ball cap behind. I called the hotel and talked to Janis who sent someone to the room - no hat. I asked for the name of the restaurant in the parking lot she said she would go and check for me and call me back. A few minutes later Janis called and she found my hat and promised to put it on the bus to my home in Nelson. I was blown away. What awesome service.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Have stayed there twice now. I found the rooms very clean, comfortable bed. The staff are friendly and very accomadating. I had one small issue and after speaking with Janice MdDonald the general manager it was rectified and exceeded my expectation.
If you are looking for great location reasonable rates and a clean hotel then I would highly reccomend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
euphamia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bakerview Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to post a review online. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Abbotsford.
Janice
Lloydminster, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

The hotel was very clean and comfortable, with 'modern' updates. The bed was very comfortable and cozy, and the bathroom was clean. We had a kitchenette in our room which was nice, although we didn't get to use it. The TV was small and outdated, but overall a great place to stay. My only complaint is the lack of elevators. We were located in a detached building from the front desk, and although this section of the hotel only had 2 floors, there was no elevator, so we had to lug our heavy suitcases up the stairs. They had a complimentary hot breakfast which was delicious.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jackie_Martinson
euphamia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bakerview Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback from our Guests as it helps us to improve and I will commit to having flat screen TV's in our rooms before the end of this year.
We are looking forward to having you stay with us soon.
Janice McDonald
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We got to our room and after 12 hours of driving, found the room to reek of cigarette smoke. sadly we had to stay in it because there were no other rooms available.

it is an older hotel and the room was a bit on the shabby side . Bathroom floor grout looks like it had never been cleaned. Rooms are in need of paint and updating.

Felt like staying in a dive to be honest. We have stayed in hotels with a similar pricepoint and were much nicer and more modern.

Pool room was freezing and so was the water. Hot tub was out of order.

The walls and ceiling are paper thin and could hear people next door talking and people walking upstairs above us .

Room Tip: Make sure you rent upstairs floor to avoid hearing people walking around at all hours of the night.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HappyCamper931
euphamia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bakerview Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. I am not sure why you were given a smoking room as we do try to honor all our guests requests but unforunately there are times when it is not possible.
I was surprised to read that you felt our bathroom floors were not clean. Housekeeping uses a UV light as part of their routine to verify that everything is clean.
We did have to close the hot tub after an incident with some children. Our guests health and safety is always a primary focus for us.
Please call me directly at 1-877-336-6156 as we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further.
Janice

Travellers are raving about these Abbotsford hotels

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I live in North Vancouver and was working 3 days out in Matsqui on a film set. There was no way I was driving all that way each day with a start time of 6:30am so took a room in this hotel.

Nothing fancy at all. But it was clean, comfortable and surprisingly quiet. It is right next to a busy street so I expected to be kept awake all night by traffic but, once the door was closed I didn't hear a thing.

I had to ask for some blankets as there was just sheets and a thin coverlet on the bed. But I wrote this in a review they emailed me and they wrote back saying they would be putting blankets in all of the rooms as a result. I had a crap tv and they said they are upgrading to flat screens within a month or so. As well, the pool closes at either 10 or 11 (I can't recall) and after being outside into the night shooting in freezing weather, I was looking forward to a dip in the hot tub but by the time I was ready to go, it was closed. I wrote this in my review as well and was told that, had I asked, they would have let me in. Good to know.

So - overall, not somewhere I would stay if I was on vacation but definitely a great stop over on the way somewhere or for someone like me who just needed a quiet place to sleep between work days.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank SandratheScripty
Nelson, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Being on the road from Vancouver Island to the Kootenays, you sometimes need a stopover point. We found the Best Western in Abbotsford BC, a very good one. Not only did they accomodate us with our fish from a charter we were on, and put it in their freezer, we could also have our dog with us. The rooms are extra clean and service was very good, and the staff very helpful. The restaurant on site for an early morning getaway, and breakfast was good too, and helped save us time on our trip home. Good access to the freeway, very convenient location - a return each year from the Island to this Best Western location.

Room Tip: Always let the staff know you are travelling with a pet. They have a nice little sitting area outsi...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

First of all - my hubby & I have different views of this motel so I will be expressing both opinions. My rating will be middle of the road as this is a shared opinion.

As a non smoker, I was VERY impressed with the fresh scent in this "smoking" room. It's nice to have a place to stay that still allows smoking - even as a non smoker. With the weather being wet cold & miserable, hubby appreciated being able to sit in the room & enjoy his cigarette - he kept the door open for my benefit. The bedding did not have that smokey hint that you sometimes get in smoking rooms.

The room was very clean, bathroom appeared recently upgraded, nice size fridge & microwave. The room had a nice appearance. I found the bedding & pillows very good. My hubby felt the bed was too soft & pillows "were like they were filled with newsprint". The amenities in the room were very good & WiFi signal was strong. There was an indoor pool with whirl pool but as it was -5'c we did not brave the outdoors to walk to the pool area

The person above us was VERY noisy & heavy footed so we heard a lot of walking/thumping back & forth all night. This was distracting. We could also hear the plumbing - particularly the shower at 6 AM. I was able to fall asleep but hubby was awake till the wee hours 2:30 AM with Mr Heavy Foot upstairs. It is unfortunate that there was not adequate insulation between the floors to cut down on the creaking and walking sounds. However, the shower in our room was very good & earned points with my hubby.

As it was very cold, snowy, dark & wet when we arrived. The slope from the vehicle parking to the entrance of our room was extremely icy & slippery making getting our bags into a room a real adventure. Everything was melted in the AM so then it was not an issue.

Staff was friendly. The room itself was very good. Location to Costco, Tradex, US border was very convenient. I will be making a review of the Crossroad Restaurant on site - dinner & breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor to avoid heavy people over head & remember that there is someone under you...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business