“Never again!”

Best Western Bakerview Inn
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We had stayed at the Best Western Hotel just a bit further down the Highway 5 years ago, which was good.
This one was pretty poor.
The room was "okay", but with mainly truckers and road construction workers employed on Highway One as the other residents, the loud start of engines at 6:00 in the morning woke us up.
But, things were worse before then. The restaurant on site was pretty poor for dinner, not a bad choice, but the carpet on the floor as you entered was fllthy with staines. The food was very average.
The handle on our toilet cistern broke. We reported it to reception at 10:00 at night and were told that maintenance were not now available until morning. No suggestions of what we should do, and no offer of another room. So, I had to constantly take the lid off the cistern, and use my hand inside the cistern as a handle to flush the toilet. Not very hygienic!
The breakfast in the restaurant was very good, the only positive thing.
10% reduction on the bill was given, but to be honest, the toliet episode was a disgrace!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john_farnden1
euphamia, General Manager at Best Western Bakerview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

We were distressed to learn of your dissatisfaction with our services and assure you that this is not the standard which we strive to provide. I hope you will accept our sincere apology in this instance and would like to re-assure you that your comments have helped us to address this area to provide better service in the future.
I thank you for contacting me directly to resolve your hassle factor and reassure you we will be doing our best to correct this, and hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem our fine reputation by honoring us with your valued patronage in future.

Providing our guests with complete satisfaction is the goal of each Best Western.
Yours in hospitalty,

Reviewed 8 October 2012

nice place close to allkinds of shopping. lots of different kinds of restaurants with in walking distance. pool and steam room also. rooms are clean and fairly large . the robes are a nice touch. stayed there with my wif e for work. little noisy but i am sure that was due to the hockey teams staying there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chala-Michal

Thank you for visiting the Best Western Bakerview Inn Abbotsford and for taking the time to comment on our hotel.
Our guest comments are one of our most valuable tools in measuring the effectiveness of our services and facilities to deliver superior customer satisfaction at Best Western. We are most grateful for your assistance in helping us achieve these objectives through your rating of each area of the hotel.
We will be more pro-active in the future to ensure the group or teams in house are aware that we do have other guests and and that they are considerate with regard to noise levels of our fellow guests.
We do value your patronage and hope that you will honor us with another visit in the near future.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

Staying here for work. Besides hot rooms in October, this is a nice mid range hotel. Having a fridge and microwave in all rooms is awesome. Large rooms, but tv's need upgrading. Problem : The floor was wet by the fridge, didn't think too much of it when I stepped in it, little water from the freezer perhaps. Well, the 3 flys buzzing around the room should have tipped me off : PET URINE . Big puddle. Obvious when you know its there. Please pay your housekeeping staff enough to care, or give them enough time to clean the rooms properly. Almost all hotels are guilty of this, think how much business you can lose, try to cut costs other places besides cleaning staff

• Stayed: October 2012

Further to your recent visit to the Best Western Bakerview Inn. Please accept my apologizes for your dissatisfaction, you can imagine my distress to learn of your dissatisfaction with our services and assure you that this is not the standard which we strive to provide. Although we are known for the fine standards that have built our reputation, we still must be constantly on guard if we are to meet the expectations that you, as our guest, deserve and have every right to expect.
You may rest assured that your comments will be used to conduct one on one training for housekeeping personnel as providing our guests with complete satisfaction is the goal of each Best Western Hotel.
We will be doing our best to correct this, and hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem our fine reputation by honoring us with your valued patronage in future.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

First time to the Bakerview but would stay again in a heartbeat.Room was lovely, large and very clean.Excellent location for restaurants and good variety.The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
This motel gave great value , the rates were reasonable. Highly reccomended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Right across the border one hr from vancouver standard BW motel good value clean rooms lots of food options nearby front room a little noisy it was last one available when i stayed........,,,,,..........,,,,...........,,,

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ontheroad12419
Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

After a long day of travel we arrived hungry and wore out from driving all day. The front desk person was very friendly and helpful in recommending a near by restaurant open at 9 pm.
The room was very nice king bed and comfortable.
After leaving and driving to Kelowna I realized I left my ball cap behind. I called the hotel and talked to Janis who sent someone to the room - no hat. I asked for the name of the restaurant in the parking lot she said she would go and check for me and call me back. A few minutes later Janis called and she found my hat and promised to put it on the bus to my home in Nelson. I was blown away. What awesome service.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Have stayed there twice now. I found the rooms very clean, comfortable bed. The staff are friendly and very accomadating. I had one small issue and after speaking with Janice MdDonald the general manager it was rectified and exceeded my expectation.
If you are looking for great location reasonable rates and a clean hotel then I would highly reccomend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
euphamia, General Manager at Best Western Bakerview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review online. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Abbotsford.
Yours in Hospitality