“Everything is Perfect”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
Edmonton, Canada
“Everything is Perfect”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

A true 'suite' not just a bedroom and small sitting room. Has full size kitchen and a washer and dryer. I was there on business for 4 nights. Room is very clean, and quiet. Across the street from groceries, shopping and restaurants.

Staff was very welcoming. I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed while attending Tradex show. A great experience. Got lost in Abbotsford, staff guided me on cell phone. Wonderful accommodation,roomy,clean and bright. The front desk staff went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I really liked this hotel. You get a suite for the price of a room!! I will definitely be staying here again if I visit Abbotsford again. The front desk staff was very helpful, they went out of their way to find us a room we wanted. It is right in front of the superstore so if you want to get some groceries etc, its only a 5 min walk. There is also a Denny's just a stone's throw away.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Phoenix9988
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Thanks to the staff at the Sandman Hotel in Abbotsford, B.C. I was here for 2 nights while attending a sales conference also held in this hotel meeting rooms. The suite was very comfortable with a full kitchen, living room and bedroom with 2 twin beds. The shower was a bit light, it felt like you were standing in a mist but it worked well. The duvet cover was a bit heavy but warm enough on these chilly nights.
The conference went well with the help of attentive staff who kept the coffee hot and fresh, drinks, continental breakfast and nice lunch both days.
Good job, will use again when in Abbotsford.

Room Tip: Book ahead
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank big0ldbear
British Columbia
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in the King Suite with a full kitchen. The entire hotel, including our room, was up to date and appeared recently renovated. The suite had everything we needed.... Pots, pans, kitchen utensils, etc etc... There was NOTHING lacking! We didn't require much service; but when we dealt with the staff they were pleasant and welcoming. We would certainly stay there again and recommend it to a friend. Oh, and a nice touch was the bag of goodies waiting for us in our room upon check in!! This was a luxury accommodation at a very affordable price.

• Stayed March 2013
abbysandman, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Thank-you for your kind comments, I have passed them on to our entire team.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back
soon.
Ottawa
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Many of my colleagues stay at the Sandman in Abbotsford, and my coworker wanted to stay no where else, even though it would mean a 45 minute commute every morning and evening.

The hotel suite was about the size of my apartment, which was great considering that I was there for 10 nights. My suite had a full kitchen (fridge, freezer, double sink, stove top, and dishwasher) which meant that I could cook my own meals and make my lunches - this was especially useful given that there were very few places to eat around where we were working. There are several grocery stores within a short (5 min or less) walk of the hotel.

The bathroom was very spacious, and the tub was much deeper than expected, and I really miss the excellent showerhead - I've never had such good showers. The shampoo and soap provided were very nice too.

The suite also has a washer and dryer, also very helpful when staying for a long time.

The bed was quite comfortable, although the pillows were a bit too big for my neck. The furniture in the living room was fine too - I did find that I spent more time working on my lap than at the desk. This is not unusual for me, since most hotel desks are too high for me to work comfortably, and the chairs too short.

The cleaning staff were excellent, and always did any dishes that I might have left in the sink. The desk staff were very pleasant and helpful.

The only suggestions I would make is to have a radio (maybe with a docking station) in the living room, and include a list of the television stations in the binder. But those are minor items. Also note that many rooms don't really have much of a view, but that's also a minor note.

As long as the hotel stays this good, my colleagues and I will continue to stay at the Sandman.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Got stranded over night and this hotel was the only thing that went right on my trip. I had a spacious king suite to myself that was VERY clean, the staff were very friendly the location was perfect. Far enough away from the highway and very close to a number of restaurants. This is now my first choice in Abbotsford...now if only it would quit raining...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business