“Wow amazing ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
Calgary, Canada
“Wow amazing ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This is best SandMan I have ever stayed in! Everything is renovated and new. Our room had a full kitchen with a stove, microwave, dishwasher and more, a washer and dryer, amazing location by shops and restaurants. I will stay here again for sure!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AlliSmithdorf
abbysandman, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank-you for taking the time to review our property, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Great location for ball tourney at Exhibition Park. The rooms are gigantic with King sized bed (smallish bedroom), full kitchen and living room, large bathroom, and a washer/dryer. Great value for the price!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Carla H
Luvs2Travel1414
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We recently stayed in an executive king suite. The hotels appearance didn't disappoint. New, and very classy looking. The added security of key card elevators was appreciated. Room serice was very fast and overall a lovely looking hotel.

It's probably time for a deep cleaning (some dust on baseboards, some visible mildew in caulking, dirty grout, and sides of the ottomans weren't wiped down). There were a couple of minor details (The door between bath & bedroom didn't latch properly, the kitchen sink stopper didn't hold water) that need to be fixed but overall the suite is well appointed and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, amble storage to unpack, and fully equipped kitchen.

We were disappointed the room lacked a table and chairs shown in pictures for meals but the room had a generous sized desk we used for meals. We found the noise from foot traffic in hall was very noticeable, and one of the nights we could hear the sound and voices of guests in neighbouring room with surprising clarity, but once the bedroom door was closed it was unnoticeable.

Our biggest issue and the reason we checked our early was that the room below ours was complaining about banging noises coming from our suite. We had no explanation for their complaints beyond the opening/closing of interior doors, footsteps on the tile floor and or using the kitchen to prepare a meal but receiving calls from front desk about noise really ruined our ability to enjoy our room, so we opted to check out and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Luvs2Travel1414
Thank-you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. Our team appreciates all feedback from our guests. Please accept my apologies for the maintenance issues you observed, I can assure you they have been rectified. While we try to ensure every guest a
comfortable stay, it appears we did not meet your expectations. I hope you will consider giving us
another chance on your next visit to Abbotsford. Please contact me directly and I will personally handle all your requirements.
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed in the Deluxe King Suite, it had a separate bedroom, and full kitchen, washer and dryer, a fireplace and a balcony. It was a good location, there was a Mall close by and a Moxies, Denny's and Superstore. The room was clean and quiet. There was lots of free parking as well. Our only problem was that because there were 3 of us we asked for a sofa bed for my son to sleep on but there aren't any so I was told they have air beds. They did bring one in but it was losing air, I called the desk and someone did come up and put more air in it but shortly after we went to sleep it was getting flat again. My son (who is 6 feet tall) had to sleep on the couch. We would stay here again if it was just the two of us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Summerlovin2014
Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed in a King suite and it was our second stay. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The location is great right next the The Super Store and Denny's, the mall is close by. We had a separate bedroom and a living room with an electric fireplace, kitchen and a washer/dryer. The wifi worked well. We enjoyed all aspects of our visit and look forward to the next time we stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MichelleGee8
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I recently stayed here for 4 days and found it was just as good as when I last stayed there 2 years ago. There is lots of parking. My suite was on 4th floor and very quiet. I had living room, separate bedroom, kitchen with full size fridge and stove. Housekeeping did a good job of cleaning up and making bed for me every morning when I went out. Free Wi-Fi in room was fast and I had no problems with it. There is a Denny's restaurant attached to the hotel and breakfast there was fast and good. Or there is a fancier Moxies restaurant across the parking lot, and there is also a large supermarket less than 100 meters away, so you can buy your own supplies and cook in your room. My only criticism is that the exercise room on main floor is very small and uninviting. (But outside you can walk for blocks and not feel unsafe. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: My 4th floor room overlooking parking lot was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Canadaduck
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was back here again for another conference two years later. I half-expected the quality to go down just because it's been another two years but I was wrong. The hotel is still great as usual.

I did want to share that I got upgraded to the family suite (despite there was only two of us) and thought it was very impressive with the extra bunk beds. I would recommend asking for the family suites if you have kids. A very spacious suite! Space for kids to run around (though the 3rd floor neighbours might not like that).

Nothing has changed since my last visit. They maintained everything very well. It's a clean hotel. I would have no problems coming back here again and again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vinions
abbysandman, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank-you for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay!
Your comments are much appreciated and it is very rewarding to hear we met your expectations on your second visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again.