“Great sleep!”

Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Came to Vancouver for my Birthday. Stayed here as it was cheaper than downtown Vancouver and we just hung around Langley instead. Close to the mall and stores. View our or window in general (326) was a old car shop? Not great but others around the hotel look okay. It's a nice downtown view.
The room was VERY nice. Very small wear and tear. Still new and very clean!! Our room on the third floor has a kitchenette and even a small living room area. Detached bedroom with a very comfortable king bed. Bathroom was clean and new looking. It was a great look and stay all around. Sandman hotels and suites are always my favorite to stay at as they are all clean and comfortable.
Decent prices too! Can't beat that for the quality sleep and service.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lindskells

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. The style of the decor is modern and we found it very appealing. The staff were professional and helpful. Our room (a family suite) was spacious, bright, and quiet. With an in-suiite washer and dryer, as well as a full-fledged kitchen, it provided everything we needed. It is also directly connected to a Denny's restaurant and has a Superstore just across the street, convenient for buying groceries. In short, it was very family friendly and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The family suite was good for our purposes, and came with a separate bedroom as well as a set of twi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Murray W
abbysandman, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank-you so much for reviewing our Hotel, It is great to get feedback on our family suites.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to Welcome your family back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 days during my son's volleyball tournament in early May. The hotel is conveniently located a short drive to TRADEX. There are also several restaurants and stores close by. The rooms are clean and large and the staff is friendly. I like the fact that they have washers and dryers in every room and the kitchenettes in the rooms are also a great bonus when traveling with family. The first night of our stay, we were in a room on the second floor that was on top of some incredibly noisy machine that ran all night long, turning off periodically only to bang back on several minutes later. After getting absolutely no sleep that night I asked the front desk if we could move the next morning. The hotel was very full, but thankfully they were able to accommodate my request and we moved to a much quieter room on a higher floor. Would stay again, but really wish there was a hottub and pool for the kids...the only thing missing at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Currently staying here for 3 nights with my family. We have stayed here twice before. Beautiful hotel, recently updated.Great staff, always ready to help. The suites are clean, huge and have fully equipped kitchens, washer and dryer. The only reason I gave a 4 for the rooms is that there are no rooms with 2 queen beds, so with a family of 4, someone always has to sleep on an inflatable bed, but at least they provide it and have it ready on arrival. Another thing which I'm not sure was an issue the last 2 times we stayed, is that there is only one pillow size, which is huge and it's very hard to sleep on. The main advantage other hotels in the area have is free breakfast ( they gave us Denny's vouchers last time which was great!!). But at least you can save money by preparing your own meals in the kitchen. We will definitely be staying here again and again!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank INdonye
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights and we're very impressed and happy with the value. The rooms aren't huge but they are more than sufficient and are laid out very well in a way that promotes comfort.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are kept clean by the housekeeping team.

Some small details could be upgraded. There were some items that needed repair or attention and I notified the front desk twice and there was no follow up evident from our comments. Not a big deal but thorough follow through could be encouraged by management.

All in all an excellent experience and we will return.

Thank you Sandman team!

Stayed: July 2014
abbysandman, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the lack of follow up regarding your concerns. We pride ourselves in taking excellent care of our guests and in this case we fell short. I can assure you I will discuss your comments with our team so we can improve. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything further
I can do, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here after the kids' ice show - just a fun end to a long day. I was a little disappointed to learn there was no pool on site but still we had fun. The suite we had was a family suite with a king room and bunk beds. It was great! Very clean, modern and luxurious. I recommend this location to all of my clients flying into YXX.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Booked a 3 night stay in June wanting a kitchen. Was surprised to find a King Suite with laundry and a full kitchen, (Homewood Suites/Candlewood Suites styled) right in our destination city of Abbotsford, BC. The difference between the Executive King Suite and the King Suite is the freezer, funny.

Usually we stay at the Best Western but I decided to try the Sandman. Very glad that I did. Must be recently redone as all floor window and wall coverings were near new, as well as a very comfortable king bed. The stacked washer/dryer unit worked great and the full kitchen with place settings for 4 was very nice as well.

It was handy to be right in the center (centre for Canadians) of Abbotsford and right beside a Denny's and across the side street from a SuperFoods grocery store.

We had a quiet and spacious room. We were on the 2nd of the 4 floors but hardly heard anyone above us. The hallways are not air conditioned but that wasn't a big deal.

The front desk had complementary coffee and green apples, no other food as the Denny's is right next door, actually, attached.

Also surprised by housekeeping which daily ran the dishwasher and provided a towel exchange, something we don't get from the competition down south. In room coffee was refreshed as needed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cheapdental
abbysandman, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank-you so much for taking the time to review our property, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay
with us and your trip to Canada! We strive to really make our guests feel at home and comfortable in every way during their travels. I hope we will see you back soon in Abbotsford.