“Good location”

Coast Abbotsford Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Beds were comfortable, room was clean. If someone had mobility issues, there may be a problem getting in and out of the tub as it was higher up than most tubs. Our son used the pool and hot tub and exercise room but we did not check them out. Contintental breakfast included.
Several restaurants waling distance and several a few min drive away. Front desk staff were friendly. Grocery store next door.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed one night with my family in the Coast Abbotsford and did not spend a great deal of time there (really just for sleeping). I rarely write reviews, but I am writing because I was so impressed by the excellent customer service we received from Allen, the evening front desk gentleman. He was attentive, friendly and very helpful. One example of this is that we had received a short DVD the day of our stay and wanted to view it, but there are no DVD players in the rooms. Because a few others had received the same DVD and asked about DVD players, Allen took the initiative to set up a "movie theatre" in the meeting room so that we could each view it whenever we got in. He went above and beyond expectations and because of his customer service I would be quick to stay at this hotel again.

Regarding the rooms, they are in good condition with standard amenities. The beds are remarkably comfortable for hotel beds. Whereas we normally toss and turn in hotel rooms, my family and I were all asleep in minutes on these beds.

Thank you Coast for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RLGVancouver
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The Coast "Abby" is just off the Trans Canada Highway (Hwy 1). Despite the location, there is very little traffic noise, especially in back rooms (facing a green slope - see photo). Everything you need is a short walk from the hotel: there is a grocery store and a liquor store in the strip mall next door, there are numerous fast food options close by, and there are a few decent restaurants within 2 blocks (Cactus Club, Milestones, Boston Pizza and the Old Spaghetti Factory).
This location is ideal for westbound travellers seeking a last stop before the approximately 1 hour drive into Vancouver in the morning. It is also perfect for folks needing a central location to visit the Fraser Valley. We were in town for a sports tournament and cannot imagine a more convenient location.
I was very pleased with the helpful and friendly staff I dealt with on the phone and at the hotel. In fact, one desk clerk gave my wife a band aid from a first aid kit behind the reception desk. I loved waking up to a free Saturday Globe & Mail newspaper outside our room.
We had a room with two queen beds. The room itself was a bit small (and felt smaller due to an overlarge and outdated armoire that housed a small fridge and an old tube tv). The beds, however, were in very good condition and had fresh, modern bedding. The room was spotlessly clean. The window can be opened for fresh air.
We did not use the pool but it is small. The weightroom has all the essentials. It was empty every time we passed by - there is a good chance you would get this room to yourself.
The hotel offers what they call a continental breakfast. It appears to be a bit of an afterthought. It is tucked into a corner of the lobby with no tables or dining area. Patrons can either sit on the lobby sofa to eat or pack their food with them. The breakfast included cake style Costco muffins, croissants, instant oatmeal, apples, oranges, juice, coffee and tea. Enough to get you started but not enough to keep you going until lunch.
Wifi and parking are free. For approximately $12.00 you can rent a movie on the out-dated tv in your room.
An earlier reviewer mentioned the art in the room. I include a photo so that reader can judge for themselves. If I hadn't read that review, I would not have noticed the art. I wasn't expecting boutique hotel art on the walls in this class of hotel. I think generic is what they were aiming for: mission accomplished. This is not a resort or spa, just basic accomodation for travellers and short term visitors.
All said - this hotel was clean, safe, quiet and comfortable: I would stay here again without question.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back facing away from traffic. The second floor is actually ground level at th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NorthVanDMo
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Ive never written a review beofre but thought I would have to after my experiences here.

I requested an early check-in at the time of reservation but room was not ready when we attempted to check in at 11:20am. The man at the desk apologized and explained that because they were sold out the night before and we required a pet friendly room, it was not ready quite yet but he would make it a priority and call us as soon as it was. The man did however store our luggage and arrange for a discount to be applied at a local pizzeria which was fantastic!

Once checked in I found the bedding to be outdated but fresh smelling and TVs could be upgraded to flat screens. Other than that the room was clean and a good size even w/ our large dog along.

The Staff were excellent! the older gentleman working the graveyard shift even went so far as to know my dogs name and provide her a treat each morning. We would stay at this hotel again. The level of service they offer for the price is a great deal!

When I voiced my concerns to Alex at the desk, he assured us that upgrades were underway. Flatscreens, Fridges, and upgraded bedding would be in all rooms by the end of April.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We've stayed here many times. Beds are comfortable and rooms are always clean. Nice pool and workout room. Close to shopping and restaurants. Well managed hotel in general. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LeadSledder
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The Coast Abbotsford Hotel is a nice hotel. It is clean and comfortable. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. There is plenty of free parking. Here is a list of the few negative comments that we do have about the hotel: the soap used in the room soap dispensers smells like hospital disinfectant; the cleaning staff play their music relatively load in the morning and it resonates though the hallway; and the toilet in the men's pool change room leans to one side and needs to be repaied.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank OMNItrvl
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This is the second Coast Hotel I've stayed in and I must say that they are in desparate need of updating. The room is decorated with the cheapest junk art and would appeal to the tastes of an 80 year old. There is no breakfast included when many of the hotels in the area include it for the same price. I didn't use the pool which looked ok and the hot tub was broken. The excercise room was clean, included free weights, and a flat screen TV which was good. However, there was no water which I think they could provide for very little cost. Also, I forgot my shaving cream and of course, they don't have it at the front desk when I asked. Overall, it's a pretty mediocure hotel at best and really isn't work the money. I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business