“Cool little piece of history.”
Review of Clayburn Village

Clayburn Village
Ranked #2 of 73 things to do in Abbotsford
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Very cool little village that is really worth checking out if you have the time. There are a few shops to visit and enjoy an afternoon. Also be sure to check out the old brick factory foundations (there's even an old tunnel that's still intact).

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"home made soup"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stop here EVERY time we are in the lower mainland ! My husband is from the UK , so this little gem always feels like home to him .
You usually have the ploughmans lunch , followed by the scones :)
This place can get very busy , so be patient , it's worth the wait .

1  Thank Carly S
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and i decided to drop by for lunch and we had the soup and the traditional ploughman's lunch and being english myself brought back some fond memories of jolly ole england needless to say the ploughman's lunch was fantastic and for the soup we had the special of the day witch was the leek and potato soup it was outstanding i must ask brian to ask his lovely wife for the recipe ? anyway i would like to thank Brian for helping me out with his great blends of hawaiian coffees he was so helpful and informative he really new his stuff. I must warn you Brian loves to chat and his wife tells me that once he starts he can't stop lol but i was so impressed with this guy he even gave me and my wife sandy a free bag of his candied popcorn . Brian is also a big Seahawk fan like myself and also a canucks fan in fact his popcorn has all the colors of the canucks jersey but when he gave me the big bag of corn he said to me gary the next time you come into the store check out my popcorn instead of the kettle corn saying canuck kettle corn it will be labled as Seahawk kettle corn now there's a true Seahawk fan . And finally i would just like to say to Brian and his lovely wife thank you so much for your kind and generous hospitality ,i would recomend to anyone that loves traditional british food and there wonderful variety of candies to most definitely try this historic little store out my wife sandy and i will be definitely be making a return visit and i will passing my okay to all of my friends and family . Thank Brian for your great hospitality and your great food all the best from gary and sandy jeffrey PS make sure you have that maui coffee for me when i visit you again in the coming months lol

1  Thank 642SEAHAWKS
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great little place to have a nice lunch. They have kept the decor to the era the store was first built. They have great desserts and hard to find candies. I love the in store cats.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This place is a little gem, tucked away in a quiet, old section of Abby (well, Clayburn!). The tea room has delicious sandwiches, scones, treats (best sticky toffee pudding outside of England), and cheese plates. The tea is authentic and hot. The attached candy store will thrill kids and adults alike, and there is also a gift section with food items for sale. My only complaint? The owners sometimes shut down for an entire month so they can go to the UK to restock. Of course they have to do this, so I say it tongue in cheek, but I sure wish they'd find a way to be open year round, because there's little else in Abby that can take its place, even in the short run. Pip pip!