“Went For Laundry, Found Great Sushi!”
Review of Hi Lunch Box - CLOSED

Hi Lunch Box
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was one of those serendipitous experiences which make life worth living. I had gone to Abbottsford looking to clean a comforter and saw this business listing "Laundry/Sushi." Of course, I was intrigued - do they steam-clean the tuna Tataki? After seating myself in their cosy lunch space, I realized it was two businesses in the same cinder-block, nondescript pink building. However, the food was anything but nondescript! I was so impressed with the maki rolls that I took several home for my family to sample.

The next time we were in Abbottsford, my family decided we would revisit this enigma on South Fraser Way. We were not disappointed. We arrived at opening hour to find JinWon (aka Jason) on duty, ready to supply our every need. We ordered several special rolls, including the rather original and refreshing Saint Patrick's Roll - no rice, but crisp, juicy, cucumber surrounds this crab and salmon mixture, as well as the Flaming Dragon Roll - wow! The building and its surround are the definition of low-key - you might have passed it as the laundromat on the main drag of Abbottsford, but, boy - if you like good sushi and great service - are you missing out!

1  Thank morkula