“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Cheers Bar & Grill

Cheers Bar & Grill
Ranked #189 of 324 Restaurants in Abbotsford
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: At Cheers, we host an easy going atmosphere and exceptional service; pair that with our great food and drinks and you'll see why we've been Abbotsfords #1 sports bar for over 25 years! So come on down, kick back and watch any one of our 30+ HD Tv's! we'll take care of the rest.
Abbotsford, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I decided to go back to cheers after not being there in quite some time. Best descision ever. Great timely service, and amazing food. We had lunch, and i was thrilled with the selection of food. not just burgers and sandwiches. Our server(timmy? thomas?) was super friendly, and knowledgeable. I would recommend visiting this great hidden gem.

3 Thank robbyw1234

Prince George, Canada
“a gem... right across the street”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had been staying at the Sandman Suites located in Abbotsford. Within the property there is a convenient Dennys and Moxies available. Since I have eaten at both of these restaurants in Prince George I thought I would venture out a bit to see what the City offers.

Right across the street was Cheers Bar and Grill. A Sports bar with entertaining staff, lots to look at and great food.

I'm a huge NFL fan and not only did they have the game viewing on plenty of tv's but they also had the sound on. The staff and customers engaged in stories about statistics and predictions for the season. It was a lot of fun compared to sitting alone in some places.

Thru work I have a per diem of $30 for dinner, I was able to have 3 drinks and the best chicken fajitas I have ever had. The bar tender was very pleased with the $5 tip he recieved with the money left over.

Great value, Great entertainment.

3 Thank rudy s
Abbotsford, Canada
“this will be my place”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

my wife and i have recently moved to an apartment in abbotsford. not knowing the community or the area we looked to our neighbours for some advice... they pointed out that in the area we could find some big chains (the likes of Earls and Moxies). since we had just bought an apartment we didnt want to take out an additional mortgage to eat at such expensive venues. they also mentioned cheers, adding it was affordable for food and drinks.

upon entering cheers it seemed like a friendly place, the music wasnt too loud and we were able to seat ourselves. the server was prompt and our drink order came quickly ($3.25 for a micro brew PA by the way!)

we each ordered wings to start ($5 for a pound on special) they were amazing.. wings...are...amazing..

i had a bbb burger (hot sauce, blue cheese) and my wife had the crab cakes..

everything came out quickly, warm and the server checked up on us a few times. we never felt neglected.

ALSO.. the bill (4 drink, 2 appies and 2 meals) was just under $40.

we will be back...

3 Thank mike p
Surrey
“Roll Eyes”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We arrived just after opening (first party in the doors) we come in and notice the dated EVERYTHING. Due to being the first ones in, we were served promptly. I had the beef dip and my husband had the BBQ bacon cheese burger. My beef dip was less then look worm (and very small for a $10 plate) and both our fries were worm and dueable. The server only came around to take our drink order and our food order, only came once to see how the food was (PSTTTTT the food sucked donkey balls, FYI we won't come back). When we went to pay, according to the waitress, the manager never put the till into her register and had the nerve to ask what we wanted in change, "UM excuse me but you aren't getting a $12 tip for very lack of service and cold food and you ask us what we want for change cause you can't provide us with proper change??" To top it off, my husband was left still hungry, WTF. YEAH NO, Note to self, we aren't going back. We went to Cheers because my husband found good reviews, who ever left good reviews must be blind in some way shape or form.

2 Thank Tara P
“Awesome local place!”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Great service! Very friendly staff. I love the Asian salmon sandwich.... And the pizza... And the crab poppers... And the burgers. You really can't go wrong. Great value for great food, drinks and atmosphere.

3 Thank BCkid15