“Great food in a mediocre setting.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Abbotsford, Canada
“Great food in a mediocre setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I have visited Great Bangkok Thai several times over the years and have always enjoyed my meal. The food is very tasty and prices are reasonable. The setting is nothing to write home about, but when I'm out with the guys from work for lunch I don't really care.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ArdyT

vancouver
“Always Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Very personal, very consistant and well priced in Cedar Park Plaza. I highly recommend this place to anyone

Visited February 2013
1 Thank abbotsfordrocks
Vancouver, Canada
“OUR FAVOURITE THAI RESTAURANT - From BANGKOK to Abbotsford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We have eaten Thai food all over the world from Hungary to Thailand to Boston, and we must say that the GREAT Bangkok Thai is our favourite. The Yellow/Green/Red Thai curries are FANTASTIC. This restaurant is our measuring stick by which we judge all Thai food!
It is authentic (Ran by a Thai family). The restaurant is not fancy and could use some update, it is in a run down outside mall, but once you have the food you will know why you can overlook those things. Do not mistake this place for the other Bangkok Thai restaurant in Abbotsford, no comparison. The prices are lower than their competitors and if you want an authentic Thai meal...try the GREAT BANGKOK THAI in Cedar Park Mall. The owners/cooks are incredible people.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank travelqueen60_11
BC - Canada
“Love Great Bangkok Thai!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I have been going here religiously for the past 3 or so years, and infrequently years before, when some of my work colleagues would always go.

I am not a restaurant-atmosphere snob, which is good, since the atmosphere is very lackluster. But the food, and the service make up for it. The owner has been there every single time I have gone, and he always remembers my order, even if it has been a few months since my last visit. I love the #2 (pad thai) and the #14 (red coconut curry). Each lunch special always comes with soup. I find the rice soup bland and boring, but I love the spicy pineapple soup. I sneakily try to plan our work lunches on days with the pineapple soup.

I took one of my colleagues who was out from Ottawa here for lunch, and she loved it. It is one of my favourite restaurants in Abbotsford.

• Visited January 2012
Victoria, Canada
“A Con in the Midst of Many Pros”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Our waitress was the happy glue to our experience! She was so attentive, genuine and full of smiles / conversation. It was a little odd that the plates were already set out on the table -- making things crowded and forcing us to open our menus on our plates. The menu was very vegetarian friendly and easy to navigate (and quite expansive). We didn't have to wait very long to receive our food, but when it did arrive we were quite surprised by the meager portion size. One plate arrived only barely warm. Neither dish was phenomenal. The curry didn't come with rice and had to pay extra (which would be fine if the portions were larger / appropriate priced). This being said the food (which is the majority of the experience) was the biggest con surrounded by lots of pros. The atmosphere was very inviting and welcoming, as were all of the staff. A very intimate / personable environment and experience!

• Visited February 2012