“so fresh and tasty”

Greek Islands Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 343 Restaurants in Abbotsford
Price range: US$16 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Two twin brothers George and Gus Sahamis left Greece in 1975 and traveled to Canada to pursue their dreams when they were young men in their late teens. They brought with them a passion for quality and service that started out as selling souvlakis straight off the spit to the local community and tourists in their hometown of Sparta, Greece, this became the benchmark of their success as they opened The Greek Islands Restaurants throughout the Fraser Valley 21 years later in 1996. It was this same dedication to quality & service that George and Gus passed down to, their sons and nephews in 2003.Today, the privately-owned Greek Islands Restaurants is based in Abbotsford and Chilliwack BC, is operated by George and Gus Sahamis with their sons, nephews and son in law, Yianni #1, Niko, Christo, Yianni #3, and Yianni #4 with two locations in Abbotsford and one in Chilliwack.Greek Islands Restaurants are known for outstanding food, service and atmosphere where people go to be treated like family, to be entertained, and to truly feel like your on vacation in Greece.Greek Islands Restaurants would like to extend a warm “Thank you” to all of our guests for their continued support and patronage..!!
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have been in Greek Islands Restaurant 3 times in the past two weeks. My experience in most restaurants is it might be good the first time, but then they usually are not good again. NOT THIS TIME!

I have eaten lunch there 3 times over the past two weeks and it was fantastic. The lunches are amazing. Their Greek salad is to "die for". The vegetables are always so fresh and their homemade dressing is so good. It also has tons of crumbled feta. I am truly addicted. The last two time I had the seafood pita. It was so good. Their fries are great....yum yum yum.

The one reason I did not give them an excellent rating is because if they want an excellent rating and have people lining up at the door to get in then I would suggest putting fresh grilled large shrimp or prawns in their seafood pita. If they did that I would be contacting "You Gotta Eat Here" myself.

I also have to add that the lovely Greek lady who greets people at the door is one of the most delightful and charming women I have ever met. To top it off she is a great waitress as well.

Great job guys and thanks for the great food...because I am really picky so it makes me so happy....I will be back!

1  Thank jread1961

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Went for a friends birthday party. Have not had Greek all that often. This was hands-down the best Greek I've ever tried. The food was nice and hot when it was served. The waitress was very attentive. And we ate a lot of really good cheese!! Oh and the schnitzel !!!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Group of 8 for my wife's birthday. Great night, great food and of course, great friends/family. Yannie and his staff always treat the guests so well. Many repeat guests, including ourselves, always enjoy the evening at this location. Food and service was not disappointing. Always a pleasure. If you haven't yet visited any of these restaurants, do it.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

stopped by on a whim, had the most delicious lunch. service was excellent. atmosphere lovely. price much lest than most. what more can you ask for?

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Greek Islands is my favorite restaurant in Abbotsford. The ambiance is cozy and elegant and the food is amazing. I can't wait to go here again!