“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Three of us went to The Baron's on a Thursday. I had ordered clam cowder to find out that the chowder is not made fresh but rather that it was canned. In a province where fresh seafood is readily avaiable this place served canned soup. The soup arrived curdled and barely lukewarm. There was a beef steak and a clubhouse sandwich ordered by others at the table. My husband said his sandwich tasted off and on our trip home got sick from his meal. The same was said for the other meal ordered that it didn't taste right. The service was not bad considering there weren't many in the restaurant. The presence of flies buzzing around our plates didn't impress us. For what was received it can be pricey. Unfortunately this was/is our first and last visit to The Baron.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Love the buffalo chicken wrap and their pickle caesars!!!! amazing!!! The Baron has great consistently yummy bar food.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We had a very tasty lunch here plus we got to watch the planes as it is right at the airport. It was hard to decide what to order because so many items looked & sounded good. We chose to have our lunch on the patio since it was a nice day! Very unique & charming place!

Reviewed 9 December 2012

09Dec12 / 11:30AM. It was my Dad's birthday, he is a visitor to BC, he was in the Airforce, I was in the Airforce, and after reading the reviews, we though it might be interesting/special to have brunch at your restaurant. On arrival, we were somewhat surprised to be the only customers there, though understandable as it is winter and the weather was poor. There appeared to be 4 kitchen staff and 3 service staff, and friendly enough. We don't usually like to complain, but my father's coffee was served lukewarm, so they made a fresh pot. Why was the coffee not fresh and hot in the first place? Does not anyone care? Then we got the meals, again lukewarm. We were surprised by the coolness of the food and plates, as I remember, we were the only 3 people in the restaurant at the time of placing our orders. But why the lukewarm food? Did the plates just sit on the counter? My partner gives the food quality of her omelette a "Zero", and again after some thought she re-iterates a "Zero"...there was no care in making this meal. I give my Baron breakfast a maybe 3 out of 10 as it was basically ok, just lukewarm. My father didn't comment.

And then the service staff laughing their heads off two tables away, instead of being discreet somewhere away from our immediate vicinity. That was odd, maybe some of the staff thought they were attending a day at their own personal clubhouse, and we were perhaps unexpected liabilities in the way of their fun times; consuming dishes of lukewarm foodstuff. Hey, have a laugh, while we dish out money to put food on "your" table. And who ever is in charge, why don't you order up an old lukewarm coffee and lukewarm plate of foodstuff, and have some staff laughing out loud two tables away for effect, it's wonderful, enjoy yourself!

It's a case of low quality control, a bunch of kids laughing about the night/week before, who couldn't care less about what they were dishing out to their paying customers. [some staff do not deserve this review, but there are definitely the ones that do] I think that you would appreciate these comments on our first visit to your restaurant as you may operate a business, and we may try your restaurant in the summer to see if it has changed, as it seems almost worthy of a second chance, because of it's interesting location.

Cheers!
Michael, Joy, Gerry.
Langley, BC

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I always find it hard to choose from this very large menu. It is a sports bar kind of place with the tvs on although it has a family restaraunt area. It can get a bit noisy but we have always enjoyed the food here and walk away satisfied.