“Fantastic trail ride”

Old Entrance Trail Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided horseback trail rides along the scenic Athabasca River valley near Jasper National Park. Ride gentle horse on trails over a variety of terrain; along river valley onto open foothill ridges with spectacular mountain views and through mature evergreen forests. Open May to October.
Edmonton, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic trail ride”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a 1.5 hour mountain loop ride with Mary on a Sunday morning. We're both novices, and Mary was a calm steady guide throughout. We were staying at Old Entrance and so had seen how well cared for these horses are, and really it shows in they're gentle easy demeanor on the trail. Mary was a very giving guide, always open to questions and helping where needed, but otherwise content to let us sit back and enjoy the experience. We will be back.

Visited July 2014

Regina, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A view to remember!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is one of the best family-friendly trail rides you might find. Mary & staff at Old Entrance are very experienced and professional. Rates are reasonable. We pre-booked. Mary asked us about our riding experience & took down our weights and heights; 2 adults, 3 kids under 12. When we arrived for our morning ride, the horses were already saddled with stirrups adjusted for each person. In 2 minutes we were on our way for the best 2 hour trail ride ever. The scenery is unbeatable along the Athabasca River. We plan to return, and might even consider a longer excursion! Might even find my sunglasses. But that's another story:)

Visited June 2014
Evansville, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful Trail Ride”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have been riding since I was 8. The location and the ride was a dream come true; it truly knocked an item off my bucket list. The beauty of the surroundings was topped only by the manners and ability of the horses: really excellent. I can't say enough about the experience, and I actually am congratulating myself and my daughter (while writing this!) for picking what must be the best stables in Canada for our trip to Hinton. My daughter (25) is not a rider, but she was very comfortable on her horse, and I really enjoyed my ride since he was sensitive to leg and reign prompts. Really a pleasure. The whole location was beautiful, and the ranch was amazing. Go there and have the time of your life!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lisa K
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Horseback Experience!!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My family visited Alberta for the first time in August 2013 and one of our planned adventures was to go horseback riding. We visited Old Entrance based on the Trip Advisor reviews and met Mary Luger who allowed us to join a trail ride that was just getting ready to depart. I would suggest that you call ahead so that you are guaranteed a spot on one of the spectacular rides. This was the most memorable experience that our family had on our Alberta trip. The scenery was absolutely amazing and Mary made everyone feel very comfortable on the ride. I was a bit nervous as I had not ridden a horse for many years but I can honestly say that it was so worth the thrill of being part of such wonderful family memory. Mary is one of the owners and it is obvious that she is very comfortable around horses. This was not the typical flat trail ride that one often sees when you go to tourist spots. We had the opportunity to ride along a beautiful river, travel across a creek with the horses, and climb high into the foothills to see the spectacular views of part of Alberta. On the trip I met a co-worker and his family from Toronto who had just finished the trail ride and he had told us that this trail ride was the best one he had ever experienced. They stayed in one of the cabins as well and said that it was worth it to stay on the property.

Visited August 2013
United Kingdom
“Ms Rowbotham”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic place. Cosy warm lodges. Beautiful grounds and breathtaking scenery. Will definatley go back next year.

Visited March 2014