All reviews room was clean restaurant staff attached restaurant jasper national park front desk staff hot tub long weekend comfortable stay icefields parkway great sleep mini fridge sausage lounge shela beth queen edmonton
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at this location on May 19-20th, 2013. Due to the Victoria Day long weekend, most hotels in Jasper were booked, or overpriced. The drive back to Jasper is a little over an hour, but the glimpse of the Rockies along the way, as well as the wildlife while passing through Jasper was well worth the drive.

The hotel was clean, staff friendly, and the property is very well kept. No complaints. A few places to eat in the area, and a Walmart and other necessities nearby.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Neotek618
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for your kind review and I do agree that the drive from Jasper is well worth it. Over the years I have heard this comment many times and I now share it with all travellers. Once again thank you and I hope you will choose Holiday Inn Hinton next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We were visiting Jasper for May Long weekend and the hotels in Jasper were booked up or did not have a pool so we decided to stay in Hinton and try out the Holiday Inn.

We got a rate on Hotwire and checked in. We had booked a 2 Queen room and when we got there Hotwire and reserved a 2 double room so I mention this and Barbra at the front desk said no problem and found us a 2 Queen that was reasonable distance from the pool and upstairs so it was quieter! Thanks Barbra!

Our room was a decent size and the beds were comfortable. The washroom was quite small, but typical for the room type and hotel type. Everything was very clean and updated.

We ordered room service for dinner and the attendant was happy and friendly and our order came very quickly. The fool was great I though. A little expensive, but that's room service for ya! The gravy was excellent and we enjoyed our meal (2 steak sandwiches and a grilled cheese for our 1 year old).

The pool area is great! We went down and it is mostly windows to outside so there is lots of natural light. The pool was fine. Cold at first but once you're in, it's fine. Unless you are 1 like my daughter, she got cold after about 5-10 mins in the pool and shivered. But for most kids and adults its great. The waterslide was fun! Not super high but gets going very fast and is quite enjoyable! The hot tub is so hot you get in in stages but wonderfully relaxing when you are all the way in :) There is also a sauna. It is not too hot in there (maybe if you turn the steam on when you get to the pool area and wait 10-15 mins it would be quite hot?) but it was perfect for warming up my young daughter :)

There are washrooms in the pool area with separate (door close & lock) shower stalls which I thought was a nice handy touch.

When we checked out Barbra was again at the front desk and cheerful and helpful as we left. Offered info on the hotel and Jasper activities if we needed it. We went out and hiked in Jasper and when we got to Hinton decided to spend another night at the Holiday Inn as the previous night was great and we were too tired to drive back to Edmonton.

Check in was easy and fast again. This time we had a One King Room on the first floor. It was a farther jaunt from the lobby/pool area but nice and quiet. The King bed was way more comfortable than the 2 Queens (maybe newer?) and the washroom was larger and easier to operate in. Again we had a good night and a wonderful sleep.

The Holiday Inn is maybe older than the new Holiday Inn Express down the road but for $30 cheaper it has a similar pool and a restaurant that the Express does not have. It is a much better value to stay here then the Express.

Room Tip: Room 220 is 2 queen beds. There is no elevator but not many stairs. It is fairly close to the pool/lobby and fairly quiet. Room 131 on the first floor is 1 King Bed. Very comfortable bed and large (for an inn) washroom. The room was quiet but a bit further from the pool/lobby. Also very quiet and a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Kim S

These are the reviews that make my day. I am so pleased that Barbara was accommodating and that your stay was an enjoyable one. Thank you you for sharing with other travellers.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

For a non-smoking room, you sure do get quite a stench of stale smokey air. I guess it's not surprising, considering the type of guests that normally pass through, but perhaps better ventilation or a more rigorous Febreezing may do something about it. Aside from the smell, the room was dark and sort of dirty. I may have gotten some sort of bug bite in that room--can't be certain--but the wound lasted over a month

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kwonger

First of all thank you for your review and I am terribly sorry for the experience you had during your stay with us. According to this review you stayed with us June 2012 so it is very difficult to go back and access the room. I would like you to know that last month the Holiday Inn Hinton went 100% smoke free so I hope some of these issues will be eliminated in the future. Once again thank you.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Convenient stop between Jasper and Grand Prairie. No elevators made getting to the room a bit of a challenge. Lobby was a little noisy because of the restaurant. Front desk staff was very good with the check-in, however when a long distance phone call came in, the party was directed to call the "other" Holiday Inn?! Check out was very efficient and quick. Room was good, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank wixxON
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. I do agree that not having an elevator can at times be very inconvenient but it is certainly something that we are looking at in the future. Once again thank you for your review and for staying with us.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

This hotel is what I had expected. It's conveniently located from the highway and the quality and service is what I'd normally expect from them.

The room was huge, clean and quiet. The bathroom layout was different. The toilet and shower was a little small and the basin was actually located outside the bathroom.

But nonetheless, it was comfortable and consistent with what Holiday Inn offers.

The staff were friendly and accommodating and breakfast at the Greentree restaurant was great. The waitstaff were friendly and service was efficient.

I could easily stay at this hotel when next in town.

One note, i could not find the lifts in this 2 storey hotel. If you have a large bag, it could be a slight challenge going up the stairs.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Mox_Fulder
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

I am very happy that we met your standards during your recent stay with us. I do agree that we need an elevator and we will get one in the future as it is very difficult to pack large luggage upstairs. Once again thank you for staying with us and taking the time to fill out this review.