All reviewsroom was cleanrestaurant staffattached restaurantjasper national parkfront desk staffhot tubdecent pricelong weekendcomfortable stayicefields parkwaygreat sleepmini fridgesausageloungeshelabethqueen
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had wanted to drive up through Banff and the Icefields Parkway to Jasper however due to the floods in June 2013 we had to go up way north, almost to Edmonton, and then go west. By the time we got to Hinton we (myself, husband and 2 kids) were done. There are a few options in Hinton and we chose the Holiday Inn based on satisfactory stays at other H.I. Properties in the past. The location was great, right on the highway. This facility itself was okay. Beds were comfortable enough, rooms clean. We did not notice any bad smells that others mentioned. We did however hear A LOT of noise both from the hall and the adjacent rooms. We had a white noise machine with us for our baby so that helped a bit but i still heard every door slam, voices from the hall and the neighbours tv. We also ate in the restaurant, very handy location when you've had a long day travelling and can't bear to put your kids back in the car. Food was good and we had vouchers for free meals for the kids, which was appreciated.

Overall our stay was decent. I'd possibly stay there again if in the area, however i would definitely request a quiet room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jenn77Toronto
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your entire stay with us. I have been reviewing your comments seriously with hopes of finding ways to rectify noise and the smells which most come from the local pulp mill. Once again thank you and hope you have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Rooms were old, ceiling looked like it was going to cave in, pillows were tiny,and our non smoking room reaked of cigarette smoke. Don think you could ever get it out. Stayed in Hinton for 2 nights and moved to the Hinton lodge after the first.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Dustinstr

Thank you for your review and I am checking into the smoking smells as I do not want future guests affected by this as you were. Once again thank you.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

After a long trail ride in Jasper, which was great, I looked forward to a hot tub soak. I had paid $172 for what was advertised as a high end establishment and a surprise for my fiancee. When we got there I was greeted by a very pompous front desk attendant, but ok, we carried on. As we passed the pool we saw a sign that said hot tub closed. Very dissapointing but ok, life carries on. Opened the window, and there is a wall 2 feet directly away and a bunch of broken down heaters buckets and scrat pieces of wood and metal. Wow. The next morning we woke and my fiancee proceeded to have a shower which didn't work at all! That was the last straw. In asking for a refund at the front desk I was told that I had to call Expedia to get a refund which I did only to find out that Expedia had billed me $50 more than the hotel's actual rate...frustrated with both!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Jimmyirish69

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing experiences during your recent stay with us. I have reviewed your comments with the team and I want to ensure you that we will be following up with the individual departments involved.

Also, I want you to know that I completely understand your frustration and I am glad that you received your refund for the room I just wish it had been a smoother transaction for you.

Once again thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

Carolyn Boisvert - General Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I can say that all the staff and manager MR.Dilshard, were very helpfull, in making my stay
very comfortable.the location of the hotel is perfect.i have never had a problem getting a room
here.there is always lots of parking. the resturant is open late and has a great selection of food
The indoor pool is perfectly centered in th hotel. I also like that the hotel is keeping up with upgrading the rooms, with new beds ,tv,and flooring.

Room Tip: rooms on lower floors are cooler in summer
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jim l

Thank you for your great review. I am so happy that Dilshard was so accommodating and helpful and will be sure to pass along these comments to him.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We were not very impressed with this hotel. There were a number of little things that added up to a not enjoyable stay. Although the rooms were decently clean, this was obviously an older hotel, with that old building smell. Our room was supposed to non smoking, but it smelled like it had once been a smoking room. The bathroom fan did not work, the lamp at the bedside didn't work and the Kleenex box had one Kleenex! The beds were rock hard, and I like a firm mattress. These were hard enough, we could barely get out of bed in the morning. We decided to eat in the hotel lounge instead of going out as we had been on the road for 12 hours and were just ready to stop. My husband ordered a double shot drink and watched the waitress "eyeball" the measure, bringing him a drink that looked even less than one shot ( and charged him for the double). I ordered a meal that was supposed to come on a bed of rice. It came on noodles without anyone telling me there would be a substitution or offer me a chance to order something different. We will not be going back.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kat S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Kat S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the hotel conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the bathroom conditions and the beds have been documented and will be taken into consideration for future upgrades. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A