All reviews room was clean restaurant staff attached restaurant jasper national park front desk staff hot tub long weekend comfortable stay icefields parkway great sleep mini fridge sausage lounge shela beth queen edmonton
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We chose Hinton because all the hotels in jasper were so expensive, but it is a 30-45 minute drive to jasper national park and the area is not very nice. The hotel is basic and expensive for what you get. Our room was dreary and every time a neighbour turned their tap on we had a loud noise in the pipes in our room. Bathroom is small, room is small but does have a fridge and microwave. There is a guest laundry with one washer and dryer. Couldn't wait to leave ....

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to overlook the car park ......which is very close to the building. We were on floor 1 so had vehicles coming and going right outside our window
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank UkLilac
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the hotel conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay for all of our guests and make their stay a memorable one. Once again my sincere apology.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Was greeted with a gift when checking in. That is definitely a good way to butter me up. The hotel was updated and modern. The halls are a bit of a maze, but oddly give a sense of privacy that isn't present with standard linear hallways. Room felt fresh. Bed was decent, nice linens, and they give both soft and firm pillows that are labelled. Has a pool, but I didn't go swimming. Has a small workout room, that looked so clean and airy that I was almost enticed to go work out (I am not gym person). Hotel is in close proximity to other businesses. Went to attached restaurant, and disappointed by the limited menu options. There was an exotic choice turkey/chutney sandwich, which was mind-blowingly good. This hotel is a bit on the pricier side for Hinton. But the price is justifiable with the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank CBSandiego
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to eventually get a meal that you enjoyed. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Hinton and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had wanted to drive up through Banff and the Icefields Parkway to Jasper however due to the floods in June 2013 we had to go up way north, almost to Edmonton, and then go west. By the time we got to Hinton we (myself, husband and 2 kids) were done. There are a few options in Hinton and we chose the Holiday Inn based on satisfactory stays at other H.I. Properties in the past. The location was great, right on the highway. This facility itself was okay. Beds were comfortable enough, rooms clean. We did not notice any bad smells that others mentioned. We did however hear A LOT of noise both from the hall and the adjacent rooms. We had a white noise machine with us for our baby so that helped a bit but i still heard every door slam, voices from the hall and the neighbours tv. We also ate in the restaurant, very handy location when you've had a long day travelling and can't bear to put your kids back in the car. Food was good and we had vouchers for free meals for the kids, which was appreciated.

Overall our stay was decent. I'd possibly stay there again if in the area, however i would definitely request a quiet room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jenn77Toronto

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your entire stay with us. I have been reviewing your comments seriously with hopes of finding ways to rectify noise and the smells which most come from the local pulp mill. Once again thank you and hope you have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Rooms were old, ceiling looked like it was going to cave in, pillows were tiny,and our non smoking room reaked of cigarette smoke. Don think you could ever get it out. Stayed in Hinton for 2 nights and moved to the Hinton lodge after the first.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Dustinstr

Thank you for your review and I am checking into the smoking smells as I do not want future guests affected by this as you were. Once again thank you.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

After a long trail ride in Jasper, which was great, I looked forward to a hot tub soak. I had paid $172 for what was advertised as a high end establishment and a surprise for my fiancee. When we got there I was greeted by a very pompous front desk attendant, but ok, we carried on. As we passed the pool we saw a sign that said hot tub closed. Very dissapointing but ok, life carries on. Opened the window, and there is a wall 2 feet directly away and a bunch of broken down heaters buckets and scrat pieces of wood and metal. Wow. The next morning we woke and my fiancee proceeded to have a shower which didn't work at all! That was the last straw. In asking for a refund at the front desk I was told that I had to call Expedia to get a refund which I did only to find out that Expedia had billed me $50 more than the hotel's actual rate...frustrated with both!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Jimmyirish69

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing experiences during your recent stay with us. I have reviewed your comments with the team and I want to ensure you that we will be following up with the individual departments involved.

Also, I want you to know that I completely understand your frustration and I am glad that you received your refund for the room I just wish it had been a smoother transaction for you.

Once again thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

Carolyn Boisvert - General Manager