All reviewsroom was cleanrestaurant staffattached restaurantjasper national parkfront desk staffhot tubdecent pricelong weekendcomfortable stayicefields parkwaygreat sleepmini fridgesausageloungeshelabethqueen
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed here on a family vacation this past summer since jasper was too expensive. The only reason I booked here was because they had a pool. Pool was ok, but cold for my baby but once you got used to it was ok. Check in experience was not great. Was greeted by a very rude man that was not listening to my questions. He was the only rude staff I came across. Rooms were ok, don't believe they were worth the $144 a night though. Our second day there I asked for our linens to be changed as my daughter had puked on the sheets, came back to the room late that night and noticed it was not vacuumed, there was no toilet paper, no bath mat and our sheets were not changed but the request was put back on the rack so the obviously seen it. Was upset and called down to front desk and no apology or anything. Sent up 2 extra towels, one that was full of grease marks. The next day when I was checking out I asked barb at the front desk if anything was taken off the bill, she had no idea what I was talking about. I would have thought the staff from the night before would have made an adjustment on the bill. She was great though and took some off my last night stay. The restaurant was excellent here but I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank carebear26
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us valued feedback from your stay. I am sorry that your experience was not more pleasant and memorable. I will bring your comments up to our
housekeeping and the rest of the team as this is definately not how we want to be perceived and this is definately not the level of service I like to see from our hotel. Please accept my sincerely apology.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I was not very impressed at all. I booked this hotel as my children wanted the water slide, first off someone did something in the pool and it was closed, that is out of the hotels control, which I was fine with. Next morning kids wanted to go in the pool before we left and the waterslide was not on, I advised the front desk, 45 minutes later still no one came to turn it on. We had to leave, as it was close to check out time. On our way out I told the Manager about this and all that was said was oh I am sorry. That really doesn't satisfy 2 small children, or really myself I picked this hotel for the waterslide, it was not cheap by any means. Also there was hair in the bathtub when we got into the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank wanda c

Thank you for your review. Upon our discussion that morning I did make the desk aware of how the children had waited for the slide to be turned on and that they were very disappointed. Unfortunately, we all feel terrible about the incident and hope that you will accept our sincere apology.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We chose Hinton because all the hotels in jasper were so expensive, but it is a 30-45 minute drive to jasper national park and the area is not very nice. The hotel is basic and expensive for what you get. Our room was dreary and every time a neighbour turned their tap on we had a loud noise in the pipes in our room. Bathroom is small, room is small but does have a fridge and microwave. There is a guest laundry with one washer and dryer. Couldn't wait to leave ....

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to overlook the car park ......which is very close to the building. We were on floor 1 so had vehicles coming and going right outside our window
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank UkLilac
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the hotel conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay for all of our guests and make their stay a memorable one. Once again my sincere apology.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Was greeted with a gift when checking in. That is definitely a good way to butter me up. The hotel was updated and modern. The halls are a bit of a maze, but oddly give a sense of privacy that isn't present with standard linear hallways. Room felt fresh. Bed was decent, nice linens, and they give both soft and firm pillows that are labelled. Has a pool, but I didn't go swimming. Has a small workout room, that looked so clean and airy that I was almost enticed to go work out (I am not gym person). Hotel is in close proximity to other businesses. Went to attached restaurant, and disappointed by the limited menu options. There was an exotic choice turkey/chutney sandwich, which was mind-blowingly good. This hotel is a bit on the pricier side for Hinton. But the price is justifiable with the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank CBSandiego
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to eventually get a meal that you enjoyed. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Hinton and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had wanted to drive up through Banff and the Icefields Parkway to Jasper however due to the floods in June 2013 we had to go up way north, almost to Edmonton, and then go west. By the time we got to Hinton we (myself, husband and 2 kids) were done. There are a few options in Hinton and we chose the Holiday Inn based on satisfactory stays at other H.I. Properties in the past. The location was great, right on the highway. This facility itself was okay. Beds were comfortable enough, rooms clean. We did not notice any bad smells that others mentioned. We did however hear A LOT of noise both from the hall and the adjacent rooms. We had a white noise machine with us for our baby so that helped a bit but i still heard every door slam, voices from the hall and the neighbours tv. We also ate in the restaurant, very handy location when you've had a long day travelling and can't bear to put your kids back in the car. Food was good and we had vouchers for free meals for the kids, which was appreciated.

Overall our stay was decent. I'd possibly stay there again if in the area, however i would definitely request a quiet room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jenn77Toronto

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your entire stay with us. I have been reviewing your comments seriously with hopes of finding ways to rectify noise and the smells which most come from the local pulp mill. Once again thank you and hope you have a wonderful day!