“Could have been better but...”
Review of Holiday Inn Hinton

Holiday Inn Hinton
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed here due to points promotion. Upon arrival the room we were given had a distinct odor and in fact it seemed that entire section had an unpleasant odor. The front desk person was very pleasant and we were given a room in another section. While looking tired and dated the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It was nice to have a microwave and small fridge. Unfortunately on the second day the water from the tap turned a brownish color just when my wife was brushing her teeth. When I spoke to the front desk person I was advised that they had some plumbing done but "the water is ok now." I was somewhat taken aback. If they were doing something with the plumbing I thought guests should have been advised in advance. We used bottled water the rest of our stay. No room for towels etc. in the bathroom sink area. There was also a problem with the side entry door which only operated sporadically. The grandchildren loved the pool and waterslide.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank CruisinSaskatoon
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We sincerely give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We apologize for letting you down on some aspects of your stay .We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our hotel.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Staying here at the minute. Room extremely small particularly for a family Of four. Being platinum members you expect something a little bigger. Sink outside bathroom and no where to put anything. Walls are paper thin. Kept awake by noisy family next door. Beds are comfortable and nice to have fridge and microwave. Wifi signal is good.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Bro02
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Hinton was. I always appreciate the feedback we receive, good or not so good, as it keeps us aware of our guests expectations. I am glad that there was a few things that you enjoyed during your stay but very sorry that it was not overly comfortable for your family. Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We spend three nights over the August long weekend. The room is clear and fresh. The waterslide was very fun my kids love it very much but it only operate from five to nine pm. The price is affordable and I found I love this small and peaceful town Hinton.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rick_chencao
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you so much for your great feedback and I am so happy that your children enjoyed the pool so much. I do agree that Hinton is a great little town and I hope that you will come back and visit us soon. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Hinton!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed here on a family vacation this past summer since jasper was too expensive. The only reason I booked here was because they had a pool. Pool was ok, but cold for my baby but once you got used to it was ok. Check in experience was not great. Was greeted by a very rude man that was not listening to my questions. He was the only rude staff I came across. Rooms were ok, don't believe they were worth the $144 a night though. Our second day there I asked for our linens to be changed as my daughter had puked on the sheets, came back to the room late that night and noticed it was not vacuumed, there was no toilet paper, no bath mat and our sheets were not changed but the request was put back on the rack so the obviously seen it. Was upset and called down to front desk and no apology or anything. Sent up 2 extra towels, one that was full of grease marks. The next day when I was checking out I asked barb at the front desk if anything was taken off the bill, she had no idea what I was talking about. I would have thought the staff from the night before would have made an adjustment on the bill. She was great though and took some off my last night stay. The restaurant was excellent here but I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank carebear26
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us valued feedback from your stay. I am sorry that your experience was not more pleasant and memorable. I will bring your comments up to our
housekeeping and the rest of the team as this is definately not how we want to be perceived and this is definately not the level of service I like to see from our hotel. Please accept my sincerely apology.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I was not very impressed at all. I booked this hotel as my children wanted the water slide, first off someone did something in the pool and it was closed, that is out of the hotels control, which I was fine with. Next morning kids wanted to go in the pool before we left and the waterslide was not on, I advised the front desk, 45 minutes later still no one came to turn it on. We had to leave, as it was close to check out time. On our way out I told the Manager about this and all that was said was oh I am sorry. That really doesn't satisfy 2 small children, or really myself I picked this hotel for the waterslide, it was not cheap by any means. Also there was hair in the bathtub when we got into the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank wanda c

Thank you for your review. Upon our discussion that morning I did make the desk aware of how the children had waited for the slide to be turned on and that they were very disappointed. Unfortunately, we all feel terrible about the incident and hope that you will accept our sincere apology.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We chose Hinton because all the hotels in jasper were so expensive, but it is a 30-45 minute drive to jasper national park and the area is not very nice. The hotel is basic and expensive for what you get. Our room was dreary and every time a neighbour turned their tap on we had a loud noise in the pipes in our room. Bathroom is small, room is small but does have a fridge and microwave. There is a guest laundry with one washer and dryer. Couldn't wait to leave ....

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to overlook the car park ......which is very close to the building. We were on floo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank UkLilac
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the hotel conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay for all of our guests and make their stay a memorable one. Once again my sincere apology.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Was greeted with a gift when checking in. That is definitely a good way to butter me up. The hotel was updated and modern. The halls are a bit of a maze, but oddly give a sense of privacy that isn't present with standard linear hallways. Room felt fresh. Bed was decent, nice linens, and they give both soft and firm pillows that are labelled. Has a pool, but I didn't go swimming. Has a small workout room, that looked so clean and airy that I was almost enticed to go work out (I am not gym person). Hotel is in close proximity to other businesses. Went to attached restaurant, and disappointed by the limited menu options. There was an exotic choice turkey/chutney sandwich, which was mind-blowingly good. This hotel is a bit on the pricier side for Hinton. But the price is justifiable with the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank CBSandiego
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to eventually get a meal that you enjoyed. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Hinton and look forward to your next visit.