“I would not recommend this hotel at all!”
Review of Holiday Inn Hinton

Holiday Inn Hinton
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
“I would not recommend this hotel at all!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

When I checked into this hotel I had driven 6 hours and had another 7 to drive the next day. The desk clerk told me there was a huge hockey team staying so I asked to be put in the quietest part of the hotel. It definitely was not! There were three rooms down the hall from mine occupied by large families with children coming and going from the room all night long slamming the doors and playing/talking in the halls as well as the hockey team was on the 2nd floor right above my room.....needless to say I didn't sleep at all. I went to the front desk to let them know of the loud noise around 9pm, I again called the front desk at 1am, 2am and 3:30am the noise didn't let up. I had no choice but to stay another night because I couldn't drive all day after getting no sleep at all. I called the front desk to ask that my second night at least be comp'd due to the loud previous night but to my dismay they refused they kept saying the manager wasn't in and they could not authorize anything and said the best they could do was $20 off my room rate per night. The next morning, the manager was conveniently still not in. The hotel was already $144 a night! For a hotel with no elevator, small hallways, low ceiling hallways, a huge smell of chlorine in the hall and rooms, dirty floors you would think they would lower their rate and not charge 5 star pricing. I was forced to pay $240 for two nights of misery. Not to mention that my shower was made for a midget, it was a handheld shower head installed halfway down the shower wall so the shower was pointed at my belly button. I was forced to hold the handheld over myself to shower the entire time. The fridge didn't work or keep anything cold, their were stains on the sheets and the bathroom was not overly clean at all. Overall I was totally unhappy with my stay at this hotel and would not at all recommend it. I have previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express down the highway from this hotel and for a small amount more it was a far superior stay so save yourself the hassel, money and misery and stay somewhere else. I would have rather stayed at a 2-3 star hotel and paid a whole lot less and the service would have been a lot better! Even the Super 8 in Hinton is a lot cleaner, nicer and quieter.

Just to also note I was on a business trip and was told that they don't do a corporate rate unless you submit some kind of application to their head office for approval etc. I have never heard of such a thing!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank angelbaby78
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that your stay went so wrong. Your review has been brought to the attention of our departments to address so we can improve our service and operations. Once again please accept my sincere apology.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Working long shifts requires a good rest, and I had no problems falling asleep as the bed was quite comfortable. The majority of the staff are friendly and happy to help with all your needs. The only disappointment was the speed of service during early breakfast hours. Aside from that, I enjoyed my stay and will be going back in the near future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Akeem Y
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay. I am pleased that you were able to get a good night sleep and do apologize for the slow service in the restaurant. I have brought this issue to our Food & Beverage Manager so that we can rectify this issue in the future.

Carolyn Boisvert - General Manager
edson ab
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I love staying at the holiday inn in Hinton. The staff is always friendly and makes the stay a happy one. Every time I come visit they greet me by name and always make me feel welcome. I recommend everyone I know to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank babydirl93
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I really appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with other traveller and really want to thank you for your kind comments. Wishing you a wonderful day!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014

A couple of friends and I recently stayed here in one of their larger rooms and it was perfect for our get-away. Great mini-fridge and microwave for our in-room snacks. Awesome couch/living area with the most comfortable hide-a-bed EVER! Service was great, we didn't need much attention, but they were there to assist when we did want something. I loved the bathroom amenities, small, but if we needed more, we could get them. Smell was amazing!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank dabernard
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
I really want to thank you for sharing your stay experience with other travellers and I am very pleased that you had such a great get-away!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Our original room we were given had an awful smell. We were allowed to switch to a room half the size with no compensation even though we paid for a suite. Food in restaurant was overcooked and sub par. Cleaning staff were nice, however.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank RRDonovan
First of all I am terribly sorry that we did not meet your needs during your most recent stay. I have discussed these issues with the team so that a can better serve our customers. Once again thank you and have a wonderful day!
Hinton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have lived here in Hinton Alberta for over 43 years now and this is by far the BEST, cleanest and friendliest Hotels here. My family and I come to eat at the Restaurant at least 2 times a week and all our Birthday's and Anniversaries are spent eating here as well. The ladies (waitresses) are always happy and their service is exceptional, you never have to wait or ask for anything. That's why out of all the places to eat around Hinton this is where we go. I just celebrated my 45th Birthday here last night and the waitresses whom I have become very fond of, presented me with Flowers. My husband and I also stay in a room here several times a year, to have some relaxation and enjoy the pool/hot tub and that's exactly what you can do, the room is always clean and fresh smelling and the pool area is very fun as well. We have stayed in allot of Hotels and we have never been treated as good as you are treated here, Management is accommodating and welcoming and we have found that ALL staff throughout the Hotel are friendly and happy, always smiling and saying Hello. You really feel like they appreciate and care about you and your every need. This is why I STONGLY recommend this Hinton Holiday Inn to everyone because they are the BEST!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Julie P
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
First of all I want to thank you very much for taking the time to share such a wonderful review with other travellers. It is always so nice to hear the positive experiences that our guests have during their stays with us and I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. Once again thank you and have a wonderful day!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013

What a great stay!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. My kids had a great time in the pool the waterslide was a hit. The food was great ! I will recommend this hotel to anyone going through Hinton. Thanks again for the great stay!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Brandy M
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Such a nice review to share with our other travellers! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that the waterslide was a hit with the kid's. Once again thank you for your review and I will be sure to pass it along to the team.