When I checked into this hotel I had driven 6 hours and had another 7 to drive the next day. The desk clerk told me there was a huge hockey team staying so I asked to be put in the quietest part of the hotel. It definitely was not! There were three rooms down the hall from mine occupied by large families with children coming and going from the room all night long slamming the doors and playing/talking in the halls as well as the hockey team was on the 2nd floor right above my room.....needless to say I didn't sleep at all. I went to the front desk to let them know of the loud noise around 9pm, I again called the front desk at 1am, 2am and 3:30am the noise didn't let up. I had no choice but to stay another night because I couldn't drive all day after getting no sleep at all. I called the front desk to ask that my second night at least be comp'd due to the loud previous night but to my dismay they refused they kept saying the manager wasn't in and they could not authorize anything and said the best they could do was $20 off my room rate per night. The next morning, the manager was conveniently still not in. The hotel was already $144 a night! For a hotel with no elevator, small hallways, low ceiling hallways, a huge smell of chlorine in the hall and rooms, dirty floors you would think they would lower their rate and not charge 5 star pricing. I was forced to pay $240 for two nights of misery. Not to mention that my shower was made for a midget, it was a handheld shower head installed halfway down the shower wall so the shower was pointed at my belly button. I was forced to hold the handheld over myself to shower the entire time. The fridge didn't work or keep anything cold, their were stains on the sheets and the bathroom was not overly clean at all. Overall I was totally unhappy with my stay at this hotel and would not at all recommend it. I have previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express down the highway from this hotel and for a small amount more it was a far superior stay so save yourself the hassel, money and misery and stay somewhere else. I would have rather stayed at a 2-3 star hotel and paid a whole lot less and the service would have been a lot better! Even the Super 8 in Hinton is a lot cleaner, nicer and quieter.
Just to also note I was on a business trip and was told that they don't do a corporate rate unless you submit some kind of application to their head office for approval etc. I have never heard of such a thing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We Welcome You to the Holiday Inn Hinton, AlbertaYou're invited to the Holiday Inn Hinton located near Jasper National Park. Our hotel in Hinton, which is considered the gateway to Alberta's Rockies, is located near many great attractions. You'll find that among Hinton hotels we are best suited for your needs. Stay with us in our relaxing family atmosphere and explore the magic of Hinton. Hotels located on the edge of a popular national park grant you fast access to natural beauty. You will find many attractions within your reach, including William A. Switzer Park, Brule Sand Dunes and the Yellowhead Raceway. Let your Hinton travels take you into Jasper National Park where you can spend time at great attractions like Athabasca Falls, Miette Hot Springs and Ski Marmot Basin. Looking at hotels in Hinton for a business trip? The Holiday Inn Hinton is your best choice thanks to a great location and services. Stay with us, and you'll be near Innovista Eco-Industrial Park, West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. and Teck Mining Company. Take advantage of our event facilities and free high-speed Internet access for your business needs. Don't settle for lesser hotels. The Hinton Holiday Inn is your best choice for comfort and relaxation. You can go for a swim in our indoor pool, splash down our water slide and relax in our sauna and whirlpool. Keep your workout routine in sync at the fitness centre at our comfortable Hinton hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Hinton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hinton Hotel Hinton
- Hinton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hinton Canada - Alberta