“Excellent service”
Review of Holiday Inn Hinton

Holiday Inn Hinton
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed 6 May 2014

People in Housekeeping and registration are accomodating and respectful. They are there when you need them. Except on the steam sauna is not immediately available. Accessibility is alright.
Thank you for letting us stay in your hotel. Till the next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Amvirmonteiro
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Service was great!Hotel was nice and clean!staff was fantastic!Pool was great for the kids! Would defiently recommend anyone to stay here!food in the restaurant was great!great location...front desk agent was very helpful and polite

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Smurfette1981
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for your review and I am very happy that you had a great stay and the kids enjoyed the pool.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very good service from all the staff. Kids eat free so this was an extra bonus. We had a king room that was very big. The resteraunt did very well with 12 of us. The pool was clean and we had it to our self.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sharon N
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for your survey and I will be sure to let the team know of a job well done!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My company sent me to Hinton for the first time. I was not sure where to stay, went to trip advisor to check out where to stay and this hotel was suggested. The service at check in was friendly and polite, and very helpful. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. I enjoyed the food in the attached restaurant here as well, and would suggest this hotel to those traveling for business or vacation. Thank you for making my working stay a pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Bruce T
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for other travellers. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your returned visits in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

If you want a family friendly hotel in. Hinton Alberta with quality service, the holiday inn is the one. My family has spent a few nights here on different occasions and the staff has been courteous, friendly, and professional. They are very accommodating to meet your needs no matter how big or small. The restaurant which is attached serves wonderful homemade food and kids eat for free. The rooms are clean and spacious, the pool and water slide was loved by all young and old. I highly recommend this property which is very easy to get to with loads of parking.
Great job holiday inn!! We will keep coming back

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Kimberley W

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travellers and I will be sure to pass these comments along to the team.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

When I checked into this hotel I had driven 6 hours and had another 7 to drive the next day. The desk clerk told me there was a huge hockey team staying so I asked to be put in the quietest part of the hotel. It definitely was not! There were three rooms down the hall from mine occupied by large families with children coming and going from the room all night long slamming the doors and playing/talking in the halls as well as the hockey team was on the 2nd floor right above my room.....needless to say I didn't sleep at all. I went to the front desk to let them know of the loud noise around 9pm, I again called the front desk at 1am, 2am and 3:30am the noise didn't let up. I had no choice but to stay another night because I couldn't drive all day after getting no sleep at all. I called the front desk to ask that my second night at least be comp'd due to the loud previous night but to my dismay they refused they kept saying the manager wasn't in and they could not authorize anything and said the best they could do was $20 off my room rate per night. The next morning, the manager was conveniently still not in. The hotel was already $144 a night! For a hotel with no elevator, small hallways, low ceiling hallways, a huge smell of chlorine in the hall and rooms, dirty floors you would think they would lower their rate and not charge 5 star pricing. I was forced to pay $240 for two nights of misery. Not to mention that my shower was made for a midget, it was a handheld shower head installed halfway down the shower wall so the shower was pointed at my belly button. I was forced to hold the handheld over myself to shower the entire time. The fridge didn't work or keep anything cold, their were stains on the sheets and the bathroom was not overly clean at all. Overall I was totally unhappy with my stay at this hotel and would not at all recommend it. I have previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express down the highway from this hotel and for a small amount more it was a far superior stay so save yourself the hassel, money and misery and stay somewhere else. I would have rather stayed at a 2-3 star hotel and paid a whole lot less and the service would have been a lot better! Even the Super 8 in Hinton is a lot cleaner, nicer and quieter.

Just to also note I was on a business trip and was told that they don't do a corporate rate unless you submit some kind of application to their head office for approval etc. I have never heard of such a thing!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank angelbaby78
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that your stay went so wrong. Your review has been brought to the attention of our departments to address so we can improve our service and operations. Once again please accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Working long shifts requires a good rest, and I had no problems falling asleep as the bed was quite comfortable. The majority of the staff are friendly and happy to help with all your needs. The only disappointment was the speed of service during early breakfast hours. Aside from that, I enjoyed my stay and will be going back in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Akeem Y
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay. I am pleased that you were able to get a good night sleep and do apologize for the slow service in the restaurant. I have brought this issue to our Food & Beverage Manager so that we can rectify this issue in the future.

Carolyn Boisvert - General Manager