“Stay if you dont find anything else”
Review of White Wolf Inn

White Wolf Inn
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Edmonton, Canada
“Stay if you dont find anything else”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Rooms were okay. Not so clean. The hotel staff were extremely unhelpful and aloof. Wifi wasnt working but the staff did not offer any suggestions/solutions. There was a computer in the lobby but not offered until I saw it in the lobby and then to offered reluctantly

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
I am sorry that your stay was not a positive one with us. The internet unfortunately was an issue with our server and they are looking at correcting the issue. I am dissapointed that my staff was not more helpful with your issues and I will look into this problem and talk to those invloved so that this does not happen again. |I would like you to give us another try to show that we can provide quality service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Very clean, well kept room. Staff were helpful and friendly. My daughter spilled cranberry juice on her white skirt so I left it to soak in the sink and when we returned to the room at the end of the day, the skirt was cleaned and left to dry. No stain. Overall, excellent stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I have passed your message to the lady whom helped you out with the skirt.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My wife had booked this hotel several weeks before our trip to Jasper and surrounding national park in an effort to sidestep the exorbitant cost of staying in Jasper itself.
On arrival all was in order, the room was acceptable, appointed with the standard amenities, a small fridge, microwave, flat screen tv. It seemed on first inspection to be overall neat and clean.
The room was on the back side of the hotel, the parking lot fringed by a forested area. As we approached the room we noticed quit a few moths attached to the stucco siding. After awhile of being in the room it became apparent that they had also invaded the room itself, not just in the obvious areas but also hiding in every dark area they could find, bathroom, behind appliances furniture, headboards etc. We spent a lot of time killing these little creatures, only in the evening to be confronted again after we turned on the AC to which the little winged critters flew out! >:(
Fortunately my wife handles these issues very well, but I can imagine some would have been somewhat disturbed, and rightfully so.
The next morning as we observed the staff cleaning the rooms it became apparent that the close proximity to the forest combined with the standard procedure of leaving the doors open as they cleaned would definitely account for some of the infestation, however the AC units could have been a contributing factor as well. The window sill in the room could have received some cleaning attention as well, as it was littered with mosquito and moth corpses.
All that said, the stay was acceptable for the moderately priced hotel it was seeing its proximity to Jasper and the national park.
The staff was very pleasant and helpful, I'm absolutely positive had we made them aware of the issue we had they would have been more than happy to address it. However unless its a huge problem we tend try to handle it ourselves.
On an upbeat note the continental breakfast was great, we are late riser's and there was still a adequate selection left when we arrived 30 minutes prior to its finish.
A side note this hotel seems to be largely patronized by companies using it to accommodate their workers on a daily basis, this didn't seem to cause a problem on our visit, just FYI.
We had a good rest, it was quiet and safe, isn't that what its all about anyway.
We would recommend it.

Room Tip: The above ratings reflect the overall stay, the moth issue aside, as it is a seasonally sporadic eve...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time and giving us your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. The moths unfortunately were a problem this year. We were and still are taking extra care in keeping them out of the guest rooms, outside in the hallways and walls are enough. I really enjoyed the feedback on our breakfast, as it is still relatively new (the hot part of it). Hope to see you again.
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Had to take a break driving to Vancouver so stayed at this Best Western. Since we were traveling with dogs it narrowed our selection of rooms. They don't assign you to a smoking rooms just for having a pet (although you are charged extra), everything was clean and there is direct outside access to a large walking area adjacent to the hotel. Breakfast was a nice selection of hot and cold items with fresh waffles available. The breakfast room was a little crowded though.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do offer a few pet non-smoking rooms as well as pet smoking rooms, we really try to accomodate all those travelling with pets. Being backed by park reserve makes it a real convienence.
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I would like to thank Tracy the GM for Her Excellent hospitality. I would be happy to highly recommend this Inn. Fran on the desk was also very helpful. Kudo's to a well run Inn Tracy. I thoroughly enjoyed the cleanliness, comfortable bed, fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us your servey. All the staff try to make each guests stay a pleasurable experience. I hope that you will come visit us again.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I found this little BW hotel just outside of Jasper. HUGE savings though vs. rates of hotels in Jasper. Cozy rooms and hot tub and exercise room (did not get to use them though.....maybe next time!), great view of the mountains. Great shops a few steps away like Walmart and Safeway. Added BONUS was the sighting of a herd of mountain goats on the hill on our way to Jasper. We were literally a few feet away from them taing pictures while they were busy grazing.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you so much for the review. As we are a short 45 minute drive to Jasper there are quite a few guests who choose to stay here and drive. We always strive to provide the best stay for all our guests. Hope to see you again.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights here at end of July. Was visiting Jasper with a friend and my dog. Staff was very friendly. Hotel was very clean (even being pet friendly) our room faced the forest on ground level and having the room door on the outside was perfect for the pooch and access to the car. The walking trail behind the hotel was very Convenient for dog walks .. It was safe and had a view. We both enjoyed our walks .. We saw deer on the morning walks. The breakfast was great. Anytime I have choices of eggs, bacon and sausage as well as yogurt, fruit, cereal, plain oatmeal (i prefer it plain) and bagels or toast with coffee and juice...and I don't have to pay extra .. I'm a very happy camper!! Made the whole experience totally convenient and so easy when traveling with the dog.. Absolutely no complaints about anything.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank sk-prairie-girl
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for the review. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and the surroundings of the hotel, seeing the deer is a treat (sometimes there are Elk in the empty lot beside us). As our breakfast is still new I really enjoy getting the feedback letting me know what they like and don't like about it. It is easier for me to make the right choices. Hope to see you again.