“Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service, Very Happy with”
Review of White Wolf Inn

White Wolf Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed 16 December 2008

I have regular monthly contracts in Hinton and Jasper and I will stay nowhere else but here. I've stayed in regular rooms and kitchenettes during my visits there.

The front desk staff are very accommodating. The breakfast is good. Would be nice to have a hot waffle maker though. Great wireless internet throughout the building. And it is located close enough to anything you will need.

If you are staying in Hinton, here is the place to go!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 5 September 2007

First of all. They put us in a smoking room which we never asked for, since our whole family is non-smoking. After calling the Best Western central and several hours on the phone, They agreed that it was a booking error on Best Western Central's part. In lieu of that error they upgraded us to a suite. Next day, we were out sight seeing in Jasper. As we returned home, we got a message that they wanted to downgrade us again and if we want to stay in the same suite we had to pay the full price $200/night. This was too much aggravating. I had to call the Best Western Central again and I had to pay full price $200 for the second night.

A quick advice:
This is an independely owned and operated, be careful. Get your confirmation including room (type, rates, taxes etc) upfront before you go there. They will cheat you if you dont do that.

Other points: The receptionist were rude and had to talk with the manager even to settle small issues. Their objectives was certainly not to help customers but to get help from them. I had to help her to take the the roll over bed myself to the next floor.

Finally, there was some consolation that the room that I got and had to pay extra than agreed upon was clean

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 26 August 2007

Booked here based on reviews from tripadvisor. Location of this property is a bit far from Jasper National Park so if you have a rental car and like driving it should be ok. It's near a stripmall that has a Walmart McDonalds and Safeway but also noticed lots of trucks parked in the lots. Hotel was easy to find off the highway and the room was ready when we checked-in. Room was clean on second floor, quiet (near the back) despite all rooms being exterior entry only, nonsmoking as requested and bathroom was also equally clean and inviting. No issues with the room. Staff checkin was quick and easy as well as during checkout- no issues. Complimentary breakfast only has cereal, breads, juices and hardboiled eggs so could be better. Seems the location is my only real gripe as I thought it would be closer to Jasper town than I expected.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2007

Big rooms, fridge, new. A very nice hotel in a VERY busy town (you should have reservations or you may be sleeping in your car, things are very full in Hinton). No laundramat on premise was a problem for me.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2007

The room was nice. But the day we left, the "Lady" running the continental breakfast was the most rude, obnoxious witch I have ever come accross in our travels. She snapped at the German Family that came in for breakfast right at 9am. I was so pissed off at her behaviour I left. We had planned to stay until monday morning but we left Sunday am instead.
She would not make them more coffee, bring out more bread for toast etc.. It was terrible, she put hostile into hospitality. When my husband paid our bill she didn't ask how our stay was, she didn't tell us to have a nice day, not even a thank-you for staying.

Will I go back - yes.
I will be speaking to the owner - personally.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed 3 August 2005

Good thing we double-checked our reservation before we left home. They had us booked for the wrong night! Then, we later found out that they had us down as a "No Show" and charged our Amex for a night's stay several weeks before we were to arrive, which they reversed right away when we phoned them back.

When we finally did arrive, everything was okay. I would agree with the previous review, basically. Was suitable for an overnight stay. Beds so-so. Why is it so hard to get a decent bed?? We had a small dog and they were pet friendly.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank Denise H
A TripAdvisor Member
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Reviewed 5 July 2005

I stayed here the end of June 2005. Newer hotel at west end of town near the Canadian Tire. Nice walk path behind the hotel. I was alone but they gave me two queen beds and a kitchenette. Toilet in one bathroom and shower in another bathroom by itself. Was clean. Around $100 canadian a night in high season. I would stay there again. Can hear the footsteps from the above floor. So you may want to stay upstairs. But didn't bother me. The Ramada is nicer, probably the best place in town. The Crestwood is the convention hotel in town with interior corridors..starting to show it's age..but is popular. Ramada and Bestwestern have outside access to the rooms.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member