“Very Nice!”

Lakeview Inns & Suites - Hinton
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here on our last night of a 4 day Motorcycle trip. The first 2 nights were very disappointing so this was a huge relief. We spent the extra $20.00 and got a loft with a full kitchen, living room, bathroom and queen main floor. Upstairs was a king and second bath. The room was spotless!!! The restaurant next door was really nice, the service was great and the food was also very good.

I thought $169.00 a night was a bit steep but the room was great!

Don Westbank BC

Room Tip: Spend the extra $20 for the loft suite! There was no pool...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
lakeviewhinton, Manager at Lakeview Inns & Suites - Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi Don,

We are so glad you enjoyed your trip. Our lofts are very popular with both families and long term stays. I hope you stop by Hinton again and give us a try.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

It is a hotel loacated a few miles away from Jasper town but it's still convenient with 24-hour supermarket, pharmacy, fast food restaurants on the way. It is quiet and clean. The room is comfortable with good kitchen. The receptionist is cool but quite helpful and friendly. Breakfast indluded is good too. The hotel offers enough place for easy parking.

We are family travelling with friends and we find such hotel quite satisfactory as it meets our needs.

Room Tip: there are traditional double queen rooms as well as loft suites for families. loft suites are cheape...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rosa H
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. My room was clean, and comfortable. The bed was good, and the a/c worked well. I guess there is good and bad every where, but my experience was satisfactory. I thought the pricing was reasonable. Parking was good. I read some negative reviews so I was cautious. I inspected the room before registering and everything was fine. The staff were friendly, letting me see 4 rooms of which I could have my pick. I made my choice after seeing the first one. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Was taking a Mountain Bike Instructor course at the bike park in Hinton. The host recommended this hotel as they supported the bike park. Got a suite as I was sharing the room with a friend who was also on the course. Room was nice but the furniture was a bit dated (didn't care). The nice feature was that the loft room had its own bath & shower. This worked great for us as we each had our own private bath & shower and also didn't have to listen to him snore. Included breakfast was good with lots of hot foods. Great restaurant next door (Milo's) where we ate dinner each night. Wireless internet had good speed. Will use this hotel for future trips.

Room Tip: The suite with a loft room worked well for us.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We chose to stay here for the weekend as there were no hotel rooms available in the town of Jasper. I had read the posted reviews and it was with some trepidation that I booked here. However, when we saw the room after check in, we were all pleasantly surprised. Yes, it is a motel and it could use some TLC, but it was comfortable, great value and the breakfast was decent. The room was clean, the beds were pretty good and so overall we were impressed given what we were paying. In regards to posted customer complaints - we received a phone call from the front desk right after we got into the room to check if we were happy with the room. The following day, I needed extra towels and the women at the front desk was more than helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank frenchtravellers77
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Where to start with this place...

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels, from dinge holes, to absolutely breath taking.

Out of all the places I've stayed, this place had THE WORST customer service I have ever seen.

Ill make it short so I don't bore you with my back story as to how all this BS came into play ill just tell you that I got no upgrade , reimbursement , or anything for my time and troubles, in fact I calculated in front of them how much money they would be losing in a month if I left ( I am working here for over a month) and they looked at me and asked "so are you checking out tomorrow??" Excuse me!? This place was not busy at all you would think they would care a little. So that's the customer service side: could give to @$&@ about you, and apparently your money. This is what was wrong with my room:
- the sink leaked so bad I had to put all but one of my towels around and under it to do dishes
- the lights (if not burnt out) hummed like I was on the front porch beside a bug zapper
- shower up-stairs leaked all over the floor
- front door you had to slam uncomfortably hard to close creating a loud bang disturbing others
- upstairs bathroom door wouldn't close at all it was so off square
- kitchen supply's were way outdated but at least worked
- and the noise the walls make when something (I have no idea what) kicks in, sounds like the grudge is living in your walls, and it goes off all night, horrible

For all this, do you know what I get? A head ache, no upgrade, and asked when I was checking out, hmmmm.... Ya Save your money and time people and NEVER stay here

Only good thing I can say about it, is the rooms are big and beds are comfy

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Its a bit tired from the outside as the paint is a bit bleached on the doors, Widow was craked in the room and the bathroom cieling was a bit dodgy. This place needs a bit of refurb.
The aircon was next to useless and its was boiling in the room.
Breakfast was fine, although waffle machine was not working one of the mornings,
This hotel seems to be popular with Working men who seem to come and go at funny times clearly working shifts, So the carpark could be a bit clogged with trucks if its busy which is not likely,

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends