Days Inn Hinton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsmassage chairsmall selectionpet friendly roomrestaurants within walking distanceomeletearly checkfull kitchenjasper national parklaundry facilitiesgreat alternativebed was very comfortablehour drivebreakfast was includedsausagelaptopfireplacerockies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 10 August 2014

we reserved a room 2 weeks in advance of our planned stay. When we arrived and were given the key the room was utterly uncleaned. bed unmade, bathroom a shambles, food rotting on the table. We decided to book elsewhere in the town and received a statement showing $0 owing for the room. One week later my credit card was billed for the full nights stay. I have contacted Days Inn Canada to dispute the charge. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!

Room Tip: read the reviews before booking and check that cancelled rooms have not been charged to you credit card.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark k
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Where can I start? If I had to summarize my opinion in a few words: don't even consider staying here unless there is NOTHING else available. But let me elaborate on my experience here. I was only staying 1 night and then would be moving to the Holiday Inn Hinton (much better hotel). When arriving at the hotel late at night I was greeted by a staff member. She didn't seem overly friendly so I got my keycards and wanted to go get a good night's rest after a long drive. When checking in, I asked repeatedly if this is or was a smoking room and was told "no". When I got up to the 2nd floor (no elevator) I was greeted by a very unpleasant smell of cigarette smoke. Entered my room and the stench in there was horrid. I mean it was BAD. Really BAD! It smelled like cigarette smoke, mixed with dirty sweaty clothes, with a dumpster inside the room. None of these were evidently present. Complained to the front desk and was told that no rooms were available. In the hopes of ventilating my room I turned on the A/C. After a half an hour, I realized 2 things. I would never get rid of this smell and I would never fall asleep with the amount of noise the A/C made, that thing sounded like it was about to explode or at least fall off the wall. In the hopes I could escape these horrors in the one peaceful place, the bathroom, I decided to go take a nice shower, brush my teeth and then go off to bed. When I entered the bathroom I immediately noticed a very long hair on the counter. Thought nothing of it, maybe someone missed it while cleaning. I then looked on the floor and in the bathtub and there were long hairs everywhere in the bathroom. It was in ever corner, every surface, EVERYWHERE!!! Still took a shower. It was no surprise to me when I noticed what seemed to be a blood stain on the corner of the bathtub, what else could I except. The towels had holes in them and were ripped. Went to bed as quick as possible to go get some free breakfast the next morning. The cafeteria was small and clearly not designed to hold the amount of hungry people there were. The selection is the regular continental fare. Some bagels,jams ,juices, coffee, tasteless "omelet", muffins, etc. It is not the worst but it was pretty bad even for a free breakfast. Check out was uneventful. Luckily they made it quick because I was sure happy to go. I would really recommend skipping this place, trust me.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel three times in the past year. It is consistently of good quality, cleanliness, friendliness good amenities. There is just one flaw which can easily be altered to all customers satisfaction.
They offer complimentary continental breakfast but as the morning progresses the items available diminish so that by the end of the morning there is little left. I am confident that with a slight management adjustment this could be rectified. In the meantime the highly helpful morning staff are unsuccessful in making the customers happy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise659
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had to wait 5 minutes for the desk clerk to hang up fom a personal call. I had booked the room 3 weeks in advance to have a cot in it the clerk said she did not know if the cot was in the room or not?? as she was just filling in language barrier was a bit of an issue after that we got our room and had to explain that we needed a cot after awhile it showed up outside the door good thing we looked.

room was okay bathroom was dirty with toothpaste or whatever on the vanity

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends