Loved it. We stayed in teepee 2 down by the river. The Woodburner in the teepee was so cosy. My husband was in his element, chopping wood and cooking over an open fire. We had to buy a few cooking items to self cater as we could carry little in our luggage, but picked up a few bits cheap in Hinton at both Safeway and Walmart. Carol and Mary were very welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful, even though they were getting ready for a big Centennial family reunion at the weekend. Nothing was too much trouble. Really enjoyed our horse trekking - such stunning views. A bit of a walk to the flush toilet and shower, although there is a little outhouse loo near by. The setting was stunning. We had company for our few days when Gympy, the site cat made himself at home with us. There is also a dog, Sargeant who visited us, especially at meal times, but he was not too be fed - strict instructions (very hard). We are keen campers normally and you probably need a bit of experience to try these. There are cabins as well and even bed and breakfast in the old railway station house. If you do go, travel into Hinton one evening and watch the beavers at work from the beaver boardwalk - magical. In a less well known, slightly more remote area, but if you are looking for somewhere to chill -perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country vacation cabins & guest room along beautiful Athabasca River near Jasper National Park. Open year round. Riverside teepee campsites and guided horseback trail rides May - October. 45 minutes to Jasper town-site & 10 minutes from Hinton's dining and shopping. Two night minimum stay. Toll-free in Canada. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Old Entrance Cabins And Teepees
- Old Entrance Cabins & Teepees Hotel Hinton
- Old Entrance B 'n B Cabins & Teepees Hinton, Canada - Alberta