“Our Second Trip to Hinton - July 2013”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Edmonton, Canada
“Our Second Trip to Hinton - July 2013”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was actually the second time that I had stayed in this hotel. The first time I stayed there was in August 2012. I forgot to write a review then, but I'm writing one for our second stay now - I've stayed two times so clearly, you already know the first time wasn't a bad stay - I came back.

Anyways, when I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hinton in July 2013, I stayed here with my boyfriend and my younger sister. We only stayed for one night, just because we planned a random trip to Jasper last minute. I've been impressed with this hotel twice. We booked two rooms this second time. One for my sister to stay in, and one for me and my boyfriend - because he snores. Despite his snoring, I was still able to sleep soundly as the beds were super comfy. which is rare.. because usually I'm kept up all night. Besides actually being able to sleep I can also say that I was very happy with the cleanliness of the rooms. They're always clean, and the rooms are kept well and up to date. The room temperature was actually good too. I've stayed in a lot of rooms where it was either scorching, or freezing - it's no good when you're too hot or cold. Also the breakfast there is AMAZING. I think the breakfast is always my favourite part of the stay at this hotel. The breakfast there is like a buffet style, so you can go and pick whatever you want. The food is put out fresh, and is often replenished when it starts to run out.

There was scrambled eggs, bacon, cinnamon buns, waffles or pancakes (I can't remember which one but I'm pretty sure it was waffles. They had a machine where you could make your own waffles however you liked them), toast, cereal - pretty much everything you could want for breakfast. There was also a machine that was like a machine for soft drinks, but you could get juices out of it instead like orange juice or apple juice.

But I'll move on from breakfast, I just had to express how good it was.

Also, the pool was awesome. Although I have to warn, the only thing that was slightly bad was the hot tub. It is so HOT. Seriously, not like normal hot, it's like stepping into a fire hot. You definitely have to ease yourself into it when stepping in, which took me a couple of minutes haha. I've been in a lot of hot tubs as I like to go to pools often, and it was the same both times that we stayed.

In short form - I would stay a third time. The hotel is quite impressive. Definitely worth the money, and after researching other hotel prices before we went back, I'm pretty sure it was one of the cheapest. The staff is friendly, it's very clean, the pool is nice, the breakfast is awesome, the beds are comfy, and it's also in a pretty decent location.

Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jamie L
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. The team was pleased to hear first about you being a returning guest and bringing others with you and second about the way you felt in multiple areas of the hotel.
The breakfast bar has a pancake machine and it's nice to see our guests like the format of the machine.
Thanks for your loyalty and we hope to see you return in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here on a spur-of-the-moment trip out to Jasper. Even though we called the day we would need to stay, we were able to get a nice room for a reasonable price (all that was left in Jasper was very expensive). This hotel is clean and comfortable, everything I expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Friendly staff, brightly lit parking lot and hallways. Our stay was quiet, the bed was comfortable, and rooms have a mini fridge and microwave besides the usual coffee maker. The breakfast area was well taken care of all the while we were down for breakfast. Breakfast is included with your stay - juice, coffee, toast, muffins, eggs, bacon, waffles, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, fruit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MinnesotaMaria
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Our team is pleased we made your stay an experience you could write about. We value your feedback and if you travel through Hinton again we look forward to you choosing our hotel.
Sherwood Park
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed here many times over the years because it is such a great hotel. It's clean and quiet and comfortable. The staff always makes you feel welcome. Unfortunataly the price keeps going up to the point I can no longer afford to stay here. A couple years ago I could get a king room for close to $100, then a year ago it was around $130 but my last stay was $190 something with all the taxes. The hotel is great......but not that great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wolfden
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express for your lodging needs in Hinton. We value our loyal customers feedback they have for our property and the value they receive.
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Wow! Holiday Inn Express got it right! These guys did their research when it comes to accessibility. Holiday inn Express obviously understands that having an accessible room is not just installing a grab bar. Upon reservation, they asked if we wanted a roll in shower, or a tub. The room was very spacious, as was the washroom. The washroom sink was cut out, and was at a comfortable level. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. The service was exceptional and the breakfast was very good. The rooms may be a little pricey compared to other hotels in the same location, but this is the second time we've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and twice we have been thoroughly impressed. You know your customer service and understand the needs of your clients!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank WheelsAround
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with others. The team was pleased to hear how you felt about your stay. As we do have a variety of different wheelchair accessible rooms we want to find the needs of our travelers and accommodate the best we can. Thank you.
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked in this hotel for 2nights and 3days for our long weekend trip to jasper. The room are clean everything are organized and the the junior suite has fit for five adults. We loved the food that was served every morning. The front desk are very helpful when we check in and when they found out that we're going to jasper they gave us a brochure as our guide. And one thing more, i'm so happy to saw all my "kababayan" it means that my co-filipino are worked there from the front desk, to the kitchen and even in housekeeping. im proud of them and good job. Definitely we will be back in this hotel even its a little bit far from jasper park coz their services are excellent. Good job keep it up. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank gpecoro
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for the feedback on the team and the hotel. We value the words you said about everyone who works here.
The long weekends are extremely busy around this area and it's nice to hear the positive of everything that we did.
I have passed your feedback onto all the team.
We look forward to you returning to our hotel.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

At the last minute, we decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express and I have to say, it's quite nice. They found us a spacious room that is comfortable enough for 4 - located on the 3rd floor in a quiet area. The room was clean and well stocked. At $199.00, the price was reasonable. We enjoyed the pool, hot tub and the waterside, albeit short, was zippy and had my heart pumping. That is for the 3 seconds it takes you to get down. Breakfast is included in our room and promises to be good. I have no idea what the difference is between a regular Holiday Inn or the Express but I'm satisfied so from with the chain.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ed R
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences with others. The slide is a highlight of the hotel it can be a lot of fun. Holiday inn Express and Holiday Inn have the same standards the only difference is we offer the free continental breakfast each morning.
The team is happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you return to our hotel again.
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2013

there were five of us travelling and they have a junior suite with two queen beds and a sofa bed. since we were not staying in the room all day it was a great place to rest your head after a day of travelling. once we got there we immediately booked the room for a second night as the fees were reasonable and we were travelling into Jasper for touristing for the second day

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank STinMB
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hinton. We value your feedback and look forward to your next visit.