“Great service, fair value”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Arrived Christmas Day 2013. Hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and well appointed as a Holiday Inn. The room was quiet and we had no issues whatsoever. Will likely stay there again at some future date

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken C
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

The team and I would like to thank you for giving us the feedback on your recent stay. We made some changes to our Christmas Day procedures so it is nice to hear that it was worth the chnages.
We look forward to you returning to our hotel.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is my second time staying at a Holiday Inn, and I wasn't disappointed... Could this be the standard of this chain? I stayed in a suite (couch, fridge, microwave) that was more than sufficient. The breakfast had a good variety (omelets, scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage patty, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc.), and it changes a bit from day to day. I also like the fact that each muffin and/or cookie is individually wrapped. The room was clean.. The heater was noisy, but that's pretty much a standard for hotel rooms.. I tried to put the heat on automatic, but someone had to come to the room to do that (it wasn't as simple as pushing a button), so the fan wouldn't blow all night long. Little bit of a language barrier with staff, but with patience that can be resolved. This hotel is also within walking distance of a couple of restaurants/pubs.

Room Tip: Try to get a room a bit further down from the elevator.. Mine was too close (114)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ABTraveler64
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank You for being a loyal returning guest. Our team appreciates your feedback. We are continually looking at better ways to improve our guests stay and the heating units are one way we are looking at imporving guests stays.
Again thank you for your comments and we look forard to you returning to our location.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel was IMMACULATE! The housekeeping should be applauded greatly for their efforts in keeping this hotel in the condition it is in.
At first we checked into a suite, but found it a bit odd that it was in the very lower level (basement?) of the hotel. Unfortunately, the smell of the pool was a little too overwhelming down there for us, so we changed to a double queen.
Again, if cleanliness in a hotel really matters to you, this hotel and it's staff do not disappoint. The rooms are extremely clean, and the beds are very comfortable. The whole hotel is clean. Pool area is fabulous, and the breakfast that is included is excellent. I will definitely be recommending this hotel to others, and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank You so much for sharing your feedback about our Housekeeping Team and the job they do around here. When reviews like your come in they feel valued for the service they provide for our guests.
We look forward to you staying with our property in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Very clean, quick check in. This looks quite new but I also think that the housekeeping staff does an amazing job to keep it looking so fresh everyday. We had a King room & with the extra space I think they could have extended the counter space around the corner or added another luggage stool at least. All in all this hotel lives up the Holiday Inn standards & we would stay here again although it is quite pricey for such a small town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Look4-2
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post the wonderful review. Our housekeeping team was pleased to be mentioned in a such a great review. We value your feedback and hope to see you again.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel on from Aug 31 to Sep 2 and fully enjoyed these two nights. The staff is pleasant and does correctly his job, the hotel is clean and well maintained and the breakfast is good. We selected this hotel because it has a good rating on trip advisor and confirm that the rating is correct. We had chosen a room suite. It was clean, large enough and well equipped. Really nothing bad to say. If we come back and drive again on the icefield highway, we will come back to this hotel. To the hotel manager: please, maintain the level of quality, this is the right way to follow.

Room Tip: rooms in the back of the hotel have a view on a plant, but are quiet especially during week-ends
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christian J
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. As long weekends in our area are our busiest times it's nice to see that your experience was rated highly at one of our peak times.
I have shared your feedback with the team and hope you get to venture this way once again.
Thank You again.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Really surprised at the high standards of this hotel.

Obviously relatively new by the good condition of decoration and furnishing.

Rapid check in, spotless room, comfy bed and great room rates.

Breakfast was a small buffet which does not set the world on fire, but all in all a great value stay and much cheaper that staying in Jasper.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BLIZZ-WHIZZ
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. Our team is pleased to have provided you with a clean comfortable stay and we value your feedback on our learning journey.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was actually the second time that I had stayed in this hotel. The first time I stayed there was in August 2012. I forgot to write a review then, but I'm writing one for our second stay now - I've stayed two times so clearly, you already know the first time wasn't a bad stay - I came back.

Anyways, when I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hinton in July 2013, I stayed here with my boyfriend and my younger sister. We only stayed for one night, just because we planned a random trip to Jasper last minute. I've been impressed with this hotel twice. We booked two rooms this second time. One for my sister to stay in, and one for me and my boyfriend - because he snores. Despite his snoring, I was still able to sleep soundly as the beds were super comfy. which is rare.. because usually I'm kept up all night. Besides actually being able to sleep I can also say that I was very happy with the cleanliness of the rooms. They're always clean, and the rooms are kept well and up to date. The room temperature was actually good too. I've stayed in a lot of rooms where it was either scorching, or freezing - it's no good when you're too hot or cold. Also the breakfast there is AMAZING. I think the breakfast is always my favourite part of the stay at this hotel. The breakfast there is like a buffet style, so you can go and pick whatever you want. The food is put out fresh, and is often replenished when it starts to run out.

There was scrambled eggs, bacon, cinnamon buns, waffles or pancakes (I can't remember which one but I'm pretty sure it was waffles. They had a machine where you could make your own waffles however you liked them), toast, cereal - pretty much everything you could want for breakfast. There was also a machine that was like a machine for soft drinks, but you could get juices out of it instead like orange juice or apple juice.

But I'll move on from breakfast, I just had to express how good it was.

Also, the pool was awesome. Although I have to warn, the only thing that was slightly bad was the hot tub. It is so HOT. Seriously, not like normal hot, it's like stepping into a fire hot. You definitely have to ease yourself into it when stepping in, which took me a couple of minutes haha. I've been in a lot of hot tubs as I like to go to pools often, and it was the same both times that we stayed.

In short form - I would stay a third time. The hotel is quite impressive. Definitely worth the money, and after researching other hotel prices before we went back, I'm pretty sure it was one of the cheapest. The staff is friendly, it's very clean, the pool is nice, the breakfast is awesome, the beds are comfy, and it's also in a pretty decent location.

Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jamie L
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. The team was pleased to hear first about you being a returning guest and bringing others with you and second about the way you felt in multiple areas of the hotel.
The breakfast bar has a pancake machine and it's nice to see our guests like the format of the machine.
Thanks for your loyalty and we hope to see you return in the future.