“Wonderful!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed 31 December 2008

What a wonderful hotel! Extremely clean and practically brand new! The beds were excellent. The towels were soft & fluffy and the bathroom had all the extras. I used the business center to check my email and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast looked great, but it was busy so we didn't stay.
Hinton is some distance from Jasper, but it's well worth the drive rather than staying in Jasper. The drive to and from Jasper is beautiful so it doesn't seem very far.

Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PathsTaken

Reviewed 6 October 2008

We stayed one night at this hotel on our way back to Edmonton. We knew the hotels in Jasper were overpriced so booked this place which is only an hour away. This must be a new hotel because it was wonderful. We booked a king jacuzzi suite and everything was perfect. The rooms are huge with 12 foot ceilings. Two flat panel TVs, a very comfortable bed/pillows, fast check-in/out and very clean. The Jacuzzi is in the bedroom set up with bathrobes, candles and towels. The breakfast was OK and the same fare as any other HI Express. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 September 2008

My wife and I booked a night at the Holiday Inn Express in Hinton to break up our drive to Edmonton. We had a bit of trouble finding the hotel, although I should have printed better directions beforehand (I assumed it would be easily visible from Hwy 16 and wouldnt need a map). The hotel is located on the East end of Hinton, which almost seems like another town. When entering Hinton at night, from the west side of town, it appears that you get to the end of town without finding the Holiday Inn Express. But you have to go up the hill, seemingly out of town until you come to another, newer part of the town. The hotel is in fact easy to find as long as you dont turn around thinking you are at the edge of town the way I did.

Anyhow, the staff was very friendly and everything went well once we got there. The room was clean, and you could tell the hotel was recently built. The bathrooms had marble counter tops, and everything looked new which was great.

The only problem we had was with the noise. It seems they did not do much for noise proofing when they built this place. Being in Alberta, there was a lot of workers staying in the hotel (work pickups pretty much filled the parking lot). So the place was near full, and you could hear people in the hallway, and people walking in the room above us. And since they are working people, they were up pretty early... and as a result so were we.

If you are a heavy sleeper, then you will have no complaints at all about this hotel.

Also, the continental breakfast was pretty good compared to most places.

If I was stopping for the night in Hinton (we dont usually) I would probably stay here again (but I would bring earplugs...I am a light sleeper so I am used to this when I stay away from home)

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 September 2008

Stayed at this hotel for a family weekend trip to Jasper. The place is quite new so it still had a good feel to it, but nothing in particular about this place stands out as great.

Rooms - pretty standard, the flat screen TV was a nice touch, and so were the pillows that were marked firm/soft. The rooms facing north have no view, and it is quite easy to hear other hotel room doors opening/closing. The bathroom was pretty standard, the vanity lights were enough to blind someone so that made it interesting...

COntinental breakfast - hot breakfast was a nice feature, but ive seen nicer, more complete breakfast rooms from chain hotels in similar sized towns that weren't as touristy.. so wasnt that impressed by it.

Pool - waterslide is small and designed for children, the pool looks small but I guess decent enough when you get in. The whirlpool was also small and the sauna not ready yet.

Excersize room - 2 treadmills and a elliptical.

It wasnt a terrible hotel, the staff were generally quite friendly and there were some nice touches, but having stayed in other new chain hotels in similar sized centres without being the tourist hotspot Jasper is .. it was kind of underwhelming.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2008

My family and I stayed 1 night in this Hotel 2/3 August. we booked 3 Executive Suites in February , but the Hotel appeared to have been unable to get this right, we were told only 2 Suites were available even though while my wife was checking in someone came and checked in on spec off the street and was given an Exec Suite. The 2 Suites we got were in the Basement (no views at all), the Windows were Filthy with litter under the grateing above,
That night the Aircon, after getting it to work soaked my sons bed,
Breakfast in the morning was a shambles, the Staff were very slow to replenish items, I must add I had stopped in a Holiday Inn Express in the Paso de Robles California a week before which was a delight to stay in, Hinton was a real let down, yes it is new and yes it is easy to locate in the Town, the Suites were acceptable apart from the problems we encountered and the Reception Staff were helpfull, even though to get my problems sorted I had to suggest activateing their Quality Guarantee system.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2008

The Holiday Inn Express, HInton is located on the right as you enter from Edmonton and is one of the first buildings you get to. There is a Holiday Inn in Hinton too but this is located further in to town and is on the other side of the road.

Hinton is about 20 minutes drive from Jasper National Park and about 40 minutes from Jasper itself.

We chose to stay in Hinton after struggling to find accomodation in Jasper six months before the date of arrival. Hinton was a second choice location but in the end it was a great location to be. Hinton is a small town and therefore has supermarkets and other places where you can pick up things you might need or maybe picnic items for your day out.

We stayed in a mini suite for two nights which provided two very spacious rooms, one cotaining two Queen beds and a mini kitchen and the other contained a seated area and a large sofa bed. The suite can easily accomodate six in comfort and both rooms were very spacious.

The mini kitchen provides a fridge and microwave as well as a sink.

The desk provided is large and has complementary Internet access.

Both rooms contained large LCD televisions.

The en-suite bath was a decent size and included a shower.

The climate control units in both rooms are also of a high standard and are very quiet running.

Complimentary breakfast was good quality but there isn't a great deal of room so at busier times I would imagine it is a bit tight. The hotel were not offering evening meals at the time we stayed but then there are places you can eat out in town.

The hotel also has plenty of complimentary parking at the front of the hotel.

There is a pool with a pretty decent waterslide. There is also a hot tub and a sauna.

The one minor gripe was the mini suites are all on the basement level, which means they don't get as much natural light. This isn't a big issue for me as I came to the Canadian Rockies to see lakes, mountains etc.

The price was very reasonable and I would imagine we saved at least 30% over prices in Jasper.

I would consider staying here again as it was ideal for my family of five. I would certainly recommend this hotel for kids as they will love finishing off a hard days sightseeing with a go on the waterslide.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank stevef862
Reviewed 11 August 2008

This past weekend we decided to do some travelling in Alberta. Nothing was planned in advance other than we were going to Jasper. Upon arriving in Jasper most of the hotels were booked - the ones that had vacancies were outside of our budget so we ended up going to the next town - Hinton. We called around and found that the Holiday Inn Express was offering a pretty good deal - included a hot breakfast and a swimming area. For an extra $20 we upgraded to a suite. Just being there to see my 10-year old's expression was priceless. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this was by far the best. The room was huge with a jacuzzi tub and a regular bathtub.. The window beside the bed was the full height of the wall. There was a flat-screen TV, Sofa-bed love seat, everything from soaps and shampoos to q-tips and a needle kit. There was even a note that if you'd forgotten anything such as a toothbrush the hotel would provide a complimentary one. There were restaurants all along the street and the scenery was beautiful. The staff was courteous and friendly. I'd definitely recommend this hotel - especially for couples. The cost for the night (including a hot breakfast for 3) was around the $170 mark and worth every penny.