“Nice place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel in mid July and were surprised by the very spacious room and bathroom which were nice, clean and well appointed.
There was a King bed that was very comfortable and we slept well. The TV was a large flat screen with lots of channels. There was a mini fridge, microwave, desk with office chair, a round table and an arm chair.
There was Wi-Fi in the lobby but the room had a hard connection and both were free and worked well.
The only thing I could complain about is that the AC was noisy and the room door was not sound proof.
Breakfast was just acceptable with few choices but with eggs and coffee that were both not to my taste. The good point was that we could help ourselves to hot drinks during the day.
Overall I would stay here again.

Pictures are attached.
Happy travelling.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travellingman69

Reviewed 28 June 2010

I stayed at this hotel twice at seperate times in two weeks.

Booked standard rooms as we were travelling with our little ones.

Though the hotel is very nice, clean, LCD tvs, free breakfast, etc, I was disappointed I was not upgraded (have Platinum Elite Status).

For my 2nd stay, teh hotel was pretty much empty but I was given a ground floor.

Hotel needs to learn the value of recognizing Platinum Elites!

Great Hotel otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank morphius909
Reviewed 19 June 2010

The reception staff were very welcoming. The hotel was much more impressive than I thought a Holiday Inn Express would be - even the pillows were marked 'soft' or 'firm'. It was very clean and looked new, although after checking it's been open a few years. Only slight down-side was the location. We were driving from Jasper National Park (about an hour away), and had driven through the town of Hinton and had thought we'd missed the hotel....no, it's on the very far side of Hinton.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank DrRhona
HintonGMExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

Thank You for taking the time to share your hotel and trip to jasper experience with others. We truly appreciate the fact that after more than 2 years open people, like yourself, still get the new hotel feeling. It makes us proud to provide you with a clean, comfortable room as well as a friendly welcome to the hotel making your visit to the Rocky Mountains enjoyable. Thank You for the feedback we always like to hear what our valued guests have to say.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

The people that work at this hotel are focused on great customer service.
The pool was warm and well maintained.
It was clean and great for famillies.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nbe_10
HintonGMExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2010

Thank You so much for taking the time to share your experience. The staff are very proud and enjoy working here and with comments like yours, they see the efforts they put in turn to rewards for our guests by having them have a terrific stay. As we look at these post regualrly they will be happy to have the positive comments from your shared experience.
Thank you for choosing the Express while in the Hinton area and hope you will return to our hotel on your next visit to Hinton!

Reviewed 16 February 2010

This hotel has almost everything I could have wanted in a base for trips into Jasper, ex-Edmonton. The rooms were impeccable, with new flatscreen TVs and comfy beds. The towels were fluffy and the fittings all very new. When I booked the room, I knew that breakfast was included, and I thought to myself "Ok, so I'll load up on danishes and coffee." But actually they had cheese omlettes & sausages (served buffet-style under a warming lamp), and yogurt cups. Very pleasantly surprised. Of course they had the usual continental fare like juice, pastries, and coffee too.

My room had an iron & ironing board, bar fridge, microwave, and coffee machine. There is not very much around in terms of dining, with a family restaurant / sports bar right next door. I ate at the sports bar one night and it was passable (I went with the steak sandwich). The other options in Hinton, as far as I could tell, were fast food.

The bad points: There was wireless, but I couldn't figure out the password. The owners should put this in the room binder somewhere. Not such a great big deal since there was also free hardwired highspeed internet on the desk. Also, the TV in my room behaved a bit weirdly ("No signal") and I had to coax it into behaving like a TV... I'd say their hotel TV system isn't perfectly configured, although once I had it worked out I had full cable TV. Neither issue was significant enough to start phoning the front desk, whom I'm quite sure would have got it sorted out had I asked (from what I heard when using the ATM, it seems like they spend a certain amount of time happily arranging for roomservice toothpaste deliveries!). I took a mark off for location since this place is in Hinton.

The staff will actually say "good morning" when you pass them in the corridors, which I've not previously encountered outside of 4+ star hotels (and even then its hit-and-miss).

If there was a licensed restaurant on-site and a legitimate reason for being in Hinton, this place could easily pass for good accommodation for an overnight business stay (certainly, my company has paid more for worse in different cities). If there was also a turndown service and a bathrobe, then it would be very good business accommodation.

At the risk of sounding like a corporate shill, I've stayed in maybe three other Holiday Inn Express locations in Europe and Canada in the past 12 months, and its fast becoming the first place I'll look for accommodations when I'm traveling for leisure. Though the name implies that you'll expect corners to be cut, for me it seems like they typically do the important stuff (i.e., a bed, towels, and a clean well-appointed room) exceedingly well with top-notch customer service, and cut only the things I never use anyway (like the room service). My only fear is that one day they'll realise that they've overshot the mark and should charge almost twice as much. In the meantime, I'm quite happy that I don't have to shop as hard for a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank fypeter
HintonGMExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2010

Thank You for your recent feedback on our hotel. The staff and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we offer. It was also nice to see that the staff acknowledged you making it a memorable part of your stay with something as easy as a hello.
We are trying to move away from wireless interent in the rooms as most people were having trouble with this so we had wired interent put into the rooms instead and icluded a cable to make it a little easier on our customers.
We are glad that you are enjoying Holiday Inn Express's and will continue to use them.
Again thank you for your tremendous feedback we always are looking to hear what our valued customers have to say about us.

Reviewed 16 October 2009

You should be able to count on this hotel consistently to deliver a nice room at a fair rate with a great breakfast. There is a pool with water slide which looked fun.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canadanac
HintonGMExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2009

Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am always pleased to share with the staff kind remarks about one of our guests stay. They take pride in their jobs and always appreciate hearing that their job is not going unnoticed.
Stay Smart!

Reviewed 29 September 2009

Great motel outside Jasper. Nice drive out there anyway. Skip the Jasper prices and crowd and stay out there.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank You for your recent correspondance about your stay at our hotel. The value you recieved for the price you had paid is always our pleasure.
Stay Smart!