“Excellent location! Excellent Value!”

Twin Pine Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for one night, when we were in the Jasper area during our 5 day Canadian Rockies experience. We were initially doubtful about driving out to Hinton for the night but do not regret this at all. It took us no more than an hour to reach, and the roads were clear so it was easy driving. This hotel is right off the main road so is easy to find and quick to reach. We had driven from Yoho National Park that morning, stopped at several places along the Icefield Parkway and had dinner in Jasper. Staying here saved us the expense of an expensive hotel in Jasper when this suited out needs perfectly. (We used the Super A supermarket in Jasper for a few groceries but there was a supermarket right opposite this hotel so if you are looking for some grocery or fast food places rather than the souvenir and boutique places in Jasper then that's another reason why it could be worth driving out here in the evening).
The reception staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and relatively spacious. There was a fridge, microwave and coffee making facilities. The bed was very comfortable.
The only cons (and there always are for this price) was that the walls were quite thin and the air conditioning quite noisy. Saying that we both had a good nights sleep. We blasted the room with cold air before we went to bed and then turned it off through the night and this worked fine.
Overall, excellent value for money.
We didn't have breakfast downstairs in the lobby but for $7.50 this seems reasonable (half what we had paid at our previous hotel!)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The twin pine inn and suites, as it is called today, is a gem! Perfectly located, nice and newly renovated rooms, very clean, friendly owners, everything in perfect working order made our stay very pleasant! Absolutely recommended!!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skydriver332
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights. The rooms are okay, there is a bathtub in the bathroom, the bed was comfortable, we had a TV, fridge and microwave. The rooms look pretty old but they are quite charming at the same time. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
- the bed was big and comfortable
- the fridge and microwave
- good location : supermarkets not far, easy to go to Jasper national park, 1h to Jasper (town).
- fuel station not far (handy when you want to do the national park)

Cons:
- the walls are pretty thin, you can hear people having showers next door
- the air conditioning works but is very noisy and smelly (you can open a window, they have nets and it gets pretty cold at night so it's not that bad).
- the fridge is in front of the bed and pretty noisy too.
- breakfast is pretty expensive and not amazing.

Overall, it is still pretty good value for the money. If you want to visit the Jasper National Park, this is a good place to put your head on a comfy pillow. The hotels closer to the park are very expensive and you don't have all the facilities such as a fuel station and a supermarket. A supermarket is pretty handy, you can pick up bread and ham and make your own picnic for lunch. You can also pick up ready meals you can cook in your room. There is also a KFC, a Boston Pizza and other things. The fuel station was really handy. The park is very big and fuel station are pretty rare and more expensive. For breakfast, you can pick up fresh donuts in Safeway and there is a Starbucks Coffee as well. Way cheaper!

The service in the hotel was good. Everybody was friendly and the rooms were cleaned daily.

Last advice, if you stay in Hinton, make sure to go to the Beaver Boardwalk. Only 5 min drive from the hotel and it's worth it. I also left a review for this attraction.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Twin Pine Motor Inn is a great little find right off of the beaten track. We (my boyfriend and I) stayed at this place for 5 nights for a couples getaway, and were extremely pleased with the majority of the amenities and service provided. We were not too particular about our lodgings, as we were primarily hiking and sight-seeing; however, the Inn proved to be much better than we could have hoped for based on the price, and the ladies at the front were very welcoming and helpful. The hour-long drive into Jasper was also well worth the trip as the landscape was incredibly picturesque and spectacular. The rooms were clean, spacious, and overall great value for the price. There is also a grocery store right across the street and a few great eats within minutes of driving or walking. If your priorities do not involve having a modern-looking room, a longer drive in to Jasper, and perhaps a smidgen of noise from the appliances in the room, I would highly recommend that you put Twin Pine Motor Inn at the top of your list!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Came in told woman we had a reservation through expedia. She complained for about 10 mins how she doesn't get enough info from expedia. I asked if she had a room for us because we already bought the room. She continued to show me some binder about booking through another website. I was about to leave but while she was ranting about nothing I cared about I looked at my phone reservation if I could cancel. In big red letters it says on expedia I couldn't cancel. Before she proceeded to take my credit card some local guy came in and wanted a free way into the bar instead of paying a ten dollar surcharge and she ran into the bar with him to help him get the $10 dollars waived. As I stood at the counter dumbfounded because I was there first just wanting the room I already paid for. She came back finally so I Waited until this girl stopped ranting about my (booking choice) to finally get into my room. Got into the room and it was sub par. 40 mins with a reservation already isn't normal. I frankly only want to know if you actually have the room I paid for and want to get into that room. Terrible terrible service. Won't stay here again. And the room. Water damage ceilings, bathroom fan doesn't work, wire coming from wall. I could hear people smoking outside my room having a time. Econo lodge would be much better. For my entertainment I walked over there to see how their customer service is it was excellent. Said they had 32 rooms at the same $89 price.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Explict
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Some have complained on their review about the accommodation...I don't get it. Very affordable, clean and staff were friendly. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but that's not why we stayed there. Lots of food choices in town. In short, we will be back...can't beat the location...and the drive to and from Jasper National Park was easy.

Room Tip: Take a room on the back...it's quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeslor
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I'm sorry, this run down hotel is not on my list to ever stay at again. It's old and badly needs a makeover. I ate in teh resturant and the food was bad and the service was worse. Always thought I had pretty low standards, but not this low.. Worth driving to Edson if the town is full!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business