“Loved It”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Bremerton, Washington
“Loved It”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Wonderful stay. The room had everything we were looking for including a kitchen and laundry facilities. Very comfortable and spacious and a great view. All of the staff we met and dealt with were very pleasant and professional. Blackstone Mountain Lodge will be the place we stay in whenever we are in the Canmore area and will be recommending it to all of our friends and business associates.

2 Thank Lorna S
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Lorna S. I sincerely thank you for the kind words you have sent our way on your recent stay. It is always great to pass these on to the staff as they have been working extra hard recently due to the floods we experienced, both at work and home where some of our staff were directly affected. As you saw during your visit it is Business as usual for beautiful Canmore and everybody is in its usual high spirits. On your next stay with us you will be pleased to see our new luxury bed linens, Large 42" LCD HD TV's, and a few other outstanding items that will make your stay even more enjoyable. I see that you have visited 398 cities and am happy that a well seasoned traveller such as yourself, chose to stay with us. Safe Travels and Thank you, Andrew.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Carp, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Well, this is one of these occasions where I would like to rave about a property but I cannot. On the plus side, the 2-bedrooms condo we rented easily slept 6. It was roomy, quiet, well appointed. The location is good, not too far from downtown Canmore. It is close to the highway but the noise did not bother us at all. Underground parking is easily accessible, and much easier than street parking.

On the minus side, our room was never serviced in the 3 days we stayed at the property. I had to ask for things at the front desk each day. I made a reservation as a party of 5, yet towels and bedding were missing. There were annoying traces of shoddy workmanship, for instance a loose tap, the dishwasher not screwed in place (it tipped over every time you opened it). We checked in very late and had to wait more than 1 hour to get to our room as the lock was not functioning properly. Now I know the property has recently changed hands, but this is all very annoying. The staff was always very nice, helpful, courteous, but all in all I felt the property does not deserve its rating, and was over-priced.

Dear Rene B,
I am glad to see that you were able to point out the plus’s in our property and I am appreciative of your kind words towards the helpful and courteous staff. I would like to have an opportunity to speak with you personally regarding the maintenance items in the room you stayed in. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 403-609-8098 so that I can address these issues with you as soon as possible. It is our hotel policy to not enter any rooms that have a “Do not Disturb” sign on their door to ensure guest privacy. We do pride ourselves on having a well-trained, courteous, and pro-active staff. Thank you, Andrew S.
Edmonton
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed at the Blackstone in the middle of the week in early June (before any flooding in Canmore). I had booked a room one week in advance with two queen beds for myself and two of my friends as we were just travelling through. When we arrived the front desk clerk gave us our hotel keys to the second floor (212B) and the were not working. We thought that this kind of thing can happen sometimes so went back down to see if we could get them fixed. When we went back down the attendant had headphones in both of his ears and I had to wave my hand in front of him to get his attention. He fixed our keys and I went back upstairs to meet my friends who were waiting for me. I should also mention that the machine used to set up the room keys was in plain view and highly accessible by anyone. They key code they used (again in plain view) was 1234 (seriously?!?).
When I went back upstairs the keys unlocked the door and we were SHOCKED to find that there were other people staying in this room already!! Luckily we hadn't walked in on anyone; however, we had access to everything in their room which freaked me out. We went back down to the front desk again and the clerk seemed confused because he couldn't figure out why other people were booked in that room. The front desk clerk found us another room and gave us new keys. When we got into the new room we found there was water damage on the carpets, the beds were very lumpy as if someone had just thrown the bedspread on. We thought they should maybe use a dryerball which would have helped. I left a comment sheet and asked for a manager to contact me (which of course never happened). I paid $163 a night (what a joke) and If you have an option I would strongly suggest staying elsewhere!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here if you have the choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travelnut1206
Good day Travelnut1206,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge. I am concerned to hear that your stay was less than what was expected. To ensure guest safety our key machines use passcodes that are user generated. The employee that served you at the desk has since changed the passcode and I do thank you for bringing this to my attention. Many of our employees wear headphones around the property that are attached to two way radios so that we are able to communicate effectively and more importantly quietly in the presence of guests to ensure a peaceful stay. We have brand new linens arriving at the hotel over the coming weeks to ensure our beds are all crisp and new. I am pleased to share that we were lucky to escape the damages of the recent flooding in Canmore. I would love to speak with you directly to discuss what room you received, and look further in to the events that occurred during your stay. I can be reached at 403-609-8098 to discuss your recent stay further. Thank you, Andrew S.
Didsbury, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed with a group of friends over the July long weekend. Room was big enough and certainly looked nice, but found things to be lacking. One of the towels had spots on it, and when we called the front desk at 10am we were told that no towels would be available until 5:30 that afternoon. Some other cleanliness issues in the room.

Some of the furniture was not in the correct spot (lamp in front of a picture on the wall) and Sheets for the pull out bed were not where they were supposed to be. Front Desk and bell staff were very rude about having to bring us sheets (yes it was 12:00, but you are on the night shift at a hotel & our room didn't have what it needed to begin with). Front Desk staff in the evening was very rude.

At 11:00am on the first morning we received a note indicating they wouldn't be making up our room for the day, as we were still in it (despite the fact that we were gone 30 minutes later).

The Location was great, but it's really the little things that make a difference. Blackstone looks nice on the surface, but there are some serious issues that need to be addressed before I'd consider staying again.

Note: During our stay a boil water order was in effect for Canmore due to the recent floods. We called the hotel to inquire about any issues before we arrived and were told it was business as usual. We were advised to bring our own water, and to not wash dishes in the dishwasher. At no point were we advised that the boil water or flood issues would have any additional impact on our stay.

Room Tip: Pick one of the resorts in the same area. If you real want to stay here get a room along the front o...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Greg N
Dear Greg N.
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us following the great flood of 2013. All things considered, I am very proud of our team and the work they did while ensuring that our guests stay was a close to normal as possible given the circumstances. I have addressed the situation you had with one of our guest service agents and can assure you that our goal is to always provide the highest levels of service, cleanliness and maintenance. Please contact me directly at 403-609-8098 as I appreciate the opportunity to ensure your satisfaction and would love to welcome you back to the Blackstone Mountain Lodge on your next stay in beautiful Canmore. Thank you, Andrew S.
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Booked a one bedroom suite for 3 nights. Two adults, 9, 6 and 1 year old. Location is good, a short walk from downtown and a close to all amenities. Our suite was equipped with a full kitchen, Queen bed and sofa pull-out.

Upon check-in we had an issue with one of the front desk reps. This was taken up with the manager. The attitude of the front desk rep was poor and unwelcoming. So, as not to paint the entire staff as unprofessional, it is important to note we were treated well by all other employees we dealt with.

The room was very clean, large and outfitted with modern decor. The bathroom was small but suited us just as well. A large balcony with table and chairs was a nice touch. The bedroom and living room had televisions. The living room had a dvd player, which came in handy when we learned there were dvd's to borrow for free at the front desk. Appliances: stove, oven, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, kettle. Room was quiet - we didn't hear anyone/anything around us throughout our stay.

The housekeeping staff come in daily to empty garbage and replenish soap, towels, etc. Unfortunately, we were left calling the desk several times for things such as: towels, dish cloths, tea towels, toilet paper, hand soap, dish soap, frying pan, cookie sheet. We understood ahead of time this wasn't a full maid service but having to call repeatedly for hotel room fundamentals is not acceptable. Not only is it inconvenient for us, it's inefficient for the hotel. Having said all of this, the staff were prompt in delivering the missing items.

The hotel pool is outdoor and quite nice. There are two hot tubs and a good size swimming pool with chairs laid out around it. A BBQ area next to the pool was really convenient. Four large natural gas BBQs were available for guest use. A large table is also available outside next to the BBQs.

Parking is underground. We didn't use it because our vehicle was higher than the clearance (2 meters). Parking on the street is very limited.

The resort has WiFi but it is basically useless. Signal is very poor and non-existent half the time. In this day and age, there is no excuse for failing in this department.

The fitness facility is weak. Carpet on the floors and no air circulation. I used this every morning. It's not a busy "gym" but if there were four people in there, it would be tight. Some dumbbells, one treadmill, one elliptical machine, bike, small universal and a couple mats. Probably the worst gym in a hotel for this price range I have seen.

Overall value is average. Not sure if we'd stay here again. I'd have a look at some other places first.

Room Tip: Corner suite is roomy and we were told they are bigger than most others.
1 Thank KOA3
Thank you sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge. I am pleased to learn that you and your family found the resort to be well maintained and very clean overall. I do recall our conversation on the Saturday night within an hour of your email being sent. I also appreciate that you provided us with the opportunity to address the issue you had with one of our team members who was personally affected by the local state of emergency. Our goal is to ensure 100% satisfaction while providing our valued guests with the highest levels of service. We are in the process of upgrading many aspects of the resort and hope to have another opportunity to extend our hospitality to you and your family the next time you are in majestic Canmore. Thank you, Andrew S.
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights on a mother/daughter trip to visit Banff. Very spacious 2 bedroom unit with comfortable bedding. Kitchen was beautiful with granite, large appliances, and plenty of counter space. I was able to comfortably adjust the temperature. The only thing that I was a little disappointed about was that the carpet could have been cleaner. I walked around the first day in my socks and when I took them off before showering, they were black on the bottom. The carpets were brown so it would be hard to tell how clean they were. Also there were no measuring spoons or cups making it hard to measure coffee or make recipes. All in all, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Good day esa86,
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here! As you experienced, our suites all have full size refrigerators, a washer and dryer, and a dishwasher to ensure a comfortable guest experience every time. I apologize for the carpets, and would love to speak with you directly regarding this if possible. It is our standard, that our team clean the carpets each and every day, as well, a deep clean process that involves a thorough steam cleaning at timed intervals. We would be pleased to get measuring cups and spoons for your next stay with us. Please let our front desk staff know, and we would be glad to assist you! We look forward to having you stay with us again in beautiful Canmore soon! Andrew S.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights, midweek. Very nice accommodation, great parking, nice amenities. Excellent scenery from top floor deck. The staff were friendly and helpful. Banff National Park is a short drive and I found commuting to Banff and Lake Louise to see the sights was not to far at all. In fact I would sooner stay here as opposed to Banff which I found to be overly crowded. The pool was refreshing, and it was clean and well maintained. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Good day Peter S,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge with other TripAdvisor travellers. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful scenery, nearby National Parks, complimentary underground parking, room amenities, and the rooms themselves! I would love to hear from you regarding the 4 rating as opposed to 5, to see what we could do for your next visit to ensure a perfect guest experience! Please contact me directly at the hotel, and I would love to discuss this. We hope to have you back soon! Andrew S.