“Amazing Stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Canmore
Morden, Canada
“Amazing Stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We chose the Blackstone after reviewing the reviews at another Less than stellar chain hotel. I do not regret our decision one bit. When we arrived we were notified that we had been upgraded to a two bedroom suite....Score! What an amazing room. Two bedrooms each with their own bathrooms. A fully stocked kitchen which we used daily to make breakfast. We just did a shop at the nearby Safeway and made breakfasts and our sandwiches for the day. We also picked up some steaks to BBQ on the patio. What a great way to end a day. The kids loved the pool area. The only downside to this hotel is that we have to checkout tomorrow......

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lillivix
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Lillivix., I have a solution for the downside of your review. Extend your stay, or come and stay with us again as you are only two provinces over. When available we do offer upgrades to our patrons, but the best way to receive this is to ask if one is available for a small fee. Many families such as yourselves take advantage of the kitchen by making breakfast and lunch in the room to prepare for a day out in the mountains. Then, Nighttime lets you enjoy one of the 100+ restaurants the Canmore has to offer, or BBQ's in the backyard. Let us know when we can book your next experience with us. Thank you, Andrew S.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Korean first
fort mcmurray, ab
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at Blackstone Mountain Lodge for one night in August, 2014. While traveling from Fort McMurray to Canmore, I received an email from the Guest Services Manager advising me that my reservation had been moved to their sister property Falcon Crest Lodge due to a maintenance issue and that I would receive a complimentary nights stay at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge in the future for my trouble. I called the Guest Service Manager and did not get a response so I called Falcon Crest Lodge to confirm my reservation and to let them know we would be a late arrival as we were still on the highway. We arrived at Falcon Crest Lodge at 11 pm and were advised that our reservation had been canceled. The maintenance issue was resolved at Blackstone Mountain Lodge so we would be staying there. I was irritated by this because neither property contacted me to tell me this after I had confirmed the reservation. After driving for 8 hours the last thing I wanted to be doing was driving around in a circle just to get to the place I was supposed to stay at to begin with. So we checked in at Blackstone Mountain Lodge and then my keys didn't work. The slowest elevator in the history of elevators brought me back to the front desk, the front desk agent was apologetic about the keys and that was the highlight of my stay. (But nobody apologized for the inconvenience of sending me to the wrong hotel first.) When I entered the room, my first impression was good. Nice layout, seemed nice but upon closer inspection, I noticed the following: My feet were instantly dirty just walking on the carpet. The top of the fridge had not been cleaned in a very long time. The appliances needed a very good scrub. The stove and fridge appeared to have been wiped down with paper towel, which left fuzz everywhere making them look much less presentable than they should have. (I suggest using micro fibre towels, less waste and won't leave stuff behind.) The walls in the bathroom were very noticeably dirty. The bed did not have a top sheet. The drinking glasses in the gourmet kitchen were red solo cups. The usual save the environment sign was in the bathroom but the disposable cups were contradictory. When checking in you have to initial that you will wash all of your dishes and put them away as you found them or you will be charged an additional fee for housekeeping. $250 a night and you have to do your own dishes? Fair enough, I can respect the fact that housekeepers don't like doing dishes, but if they've freed themselves of the majority of the work, they should be doing a much better job in other areas of the room. Plus, there's a dishwasher in the room so how hard would it be for them anyways. The wifi did not work at all.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
D-runk-07, Please accept my apologies for the struggle with communication from our side in this matter. I do understand that when one thing goes wrong, often many things happen in a unfortunate chain of events which increases the irritability of the entire situation. If you could find the time, please call me at your earliest convenience directly,(403-609-8098) to discuss this matter as I would welcome the opportunity to have exact details. Thank you, Andrew S.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Great room, we were on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. Air conditioning, full kitchen, laundry facilities, balcony, bath tub and underground parking.

We had a great stay, receptionists were extremely knowledgable (remembered our names and room number off by heart), and the cleaning staff were great.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Emma W., “Brilliant stay”, Thank you for your succinct review of our property, and I am elated that your trip was grand. Fourth Floor on the pool side has a great view of Lady Macdonald Mountain range as you know and surely enjoyed. I have commended the Front Desk team and Housekeeping team on your comments and hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip across the water. Thank you, Andrew S.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Let me start out by saying we usually stay in major hotel chains because you know what you will get. I was a bit hesitant making this reservation but certainly had no need to be. We stayed in a deluxe hotel room. It was very clean and nicely decorated. We had a great view of the mountains from our window. The hotel was very quiet and the bed very comfortable. Underground parking was nice as we had some rain and could unload in the garage. Check in and out went very smoothly. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We asked about the Calgary stampede and the clerk volunteered to make reservations for us, which she did. (I wish I could remember names.) Our room did not get maid service one day and they apologized and very quickly rectified that. It was a great choice. It is a lot quieter than the city of Banff and not far at all. I would definitely stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NormaRae03., Thank you for the time you have taken to write such a great positive review and more so for staying with us in July, during the Calgary Stampede. I am glad that our 24 Hour Concierge service at the front desk was able to help you with your reservations, in and out of the area. While the larger chains do have a following to them, we find that once patrons have tried the Blackstone Mountain Lodge, and other Clique resorts, that many of them choose us to stay with again, just as you have recently discovered. As a senior contributor of the TripAdvisor community you certainly know what to look for in a property, and to report it honestly to other members. We look forward to your return to our country. Thank you, Andrew S.
Coaldale, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We liked the pool area and the 2 hot tubs, it was clean and very organized. It was a short walk to the Cornerstone Dinner Theater and I always love underground parking. The only concern we had was housekeeping. We came back to the hotel room at 4 pm after a day of adventuring and the room was not made up.
We did ask at the front desk about this and they said that housekeeping had not been there yet.
It was a Monday and I found that different. We had went out for the Dinner Theatre and when we returned it was made up so no issues just took time.
Other than that a fantastic place to stay and wonderful friendly people.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor so it was very nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lancer524, "fantastic place to stay and wonderful friendly people. " Thank you for your recent stay with us and I am happy that you were able to make use of the Cornerstone Dinner theatre which is less than a 2 minute walk downhill from us. I’d like to apologize for the late service that you received on your suite, and although it was a Monday, during the peak season, we are quite busy mid week so please remember to book well in advance. Thank you for letting me know that everything was resolved upon your return. We’d love to see you back again soon, and hope that you choose the Blackstone Mountain Lodge once again, as your Bow Valley getaway destination. Thank you, Andrew S.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is very serene and nice here. We only have the opportunity to stay at this beautiful apartment lodging. The downside is there is no continental breakfast and for the price being paid I think there should be. This is a great place for a group of 4! Very nice outdoor area and pool area ! When I walked in I loved it! There is a laundry machine as well, and two bathrooms. An element of privacy as well with two separate bedrooms . I wish I could stay here longer!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Morgan M
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Morgan M., "When I walked in I loved it! ", Many of our guests enjoy the two bedroom suites as they do offer privacy with doors on each room, and the large kitchen and dining area is excellent for meals. Thank you for listing the amenities for others to see and for your patronage. Canmore has over 100 restaurants to choose from which specialize in every sort of food there is and we also recommend the Ridge Café which is just a few steps away, and specializes in gourmet coffees and sandwiches. Please give us a call when you are in the area again. Thank you, Andrew S.
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here recently for three nights. We had a nice one room suite on the fourth floor. Very quiet (we were on the West side) and stunning views of the valley and mountains. The staff was very attentive and professional. They gave us some good recommendation for local sites and hikes and provided maps. Room was in great shape, we cooked a couple of meals and found the unit fully stocked with everything we could use. Parking was convenient, although a little cramped--I wouldn't want to try it with a Suburban. Convenient to Banff without the crowds. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
James G., As a top contributor it is apparent that you write with experience and honesty for the TripAdvisor community to see, and also for new customers who would like to have the same experience as you at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge. Thank you for your patronage, and I am happy to see that you were able to make use of our 24 Hour Concierge service for your hikes and local sites. We are looking forward to your return, and please give us a call when you do. Thank you, Andrew S.