“Great value for the low-budget travellers.”

Rundle Mountain Lodge
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My partner and I stayed in a self contained unit for 7 nights recently and were very happy with our value for money. We had everything we needed for a low cost holiday in the Canmore/Banff area.

If you are looking for a comfortable, great value stay with a fantastic location then this is your place. The front desk staff were always friendly and happy to help us with any questions we had.
We loved the location- just off the exit from the Trans Canada and only a 2 minute drive into downtown Canmore.

Don't expect 4 star accommodation because what you pay for is what you get - great value for money for the more low-budget travellers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 October 2013

PLEASE DO NOT stay here. Looks like the room is used for renting by the hour (if you know what I mean). The hair on the pillows and sheets was the first turn off. The carpet looks like it's never seen a vacuum cleaner in about 3 months. We complained and were given a key to another room and it was just as bad. These were also Jacuzzi suites. Go figure! This was the worst room on a our 5000 km road trip. Can't believe their still open for business. Luckily they gave us our money back and we stayed in Calgary at a Day's Inn which was very clean.

Room Tip: Always check trip adviser reviews before booking this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Worst accommodation we had during one month of travelling in Canada. Service was ok but room and bathroom was not cleaned at all. Hairs in the shower and bed, dirty toilet, unwashed coffee cups...disgusting.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed in this lodge one night in the beginning of September 2013. The reception service was nice and friendly.
However, the room was a different matter. It smelled, the carpet was very dirty, and the bathroom was visibly falling apart (torn up floor, holes in the wall).
During my many road trips through south of US, I stayed in similar lesser quality motels but payed around 65 USD. In Rundle Mountain Lodge we payed 116 CAD...

Room Tip: Make sure that you are getting a nice clean room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here approx 5 times before, excellent all other times! Now it is terrible! First time booking through expedia, bad idea! They charged me $7.00 more than hotel.
Had a room 120. Never had I been on this side of hotel. Room was small and basic, different than what I was used to! There was cobwebs in 3 corners of the room including bathroom, kleenex was empty, I was not impressed! Front desk upgraded us to a jetted tub room for same price for 1st night, and extra 40 dollars next night which was fine.
Jetted tub was dirty, and coffee maker was not cleaned. I put sign on door for maid service next day, came back it was not done. I was told sorryforgot to pit you on list, ok no prob. I just want the tub cleaned!
I will send someone right away. 2 hours later I called, no maid, finally girl shows up, wipes tub and leaves.
I will never come back!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

While this place was not expensive it was also not a good experience. I would not have stayed but my husband thought differently. I did not expect much but I do expect clean - the bathroom was fine and the towels while thin were OK. But the beds were scary - very old and the sheets were thread bare. There was a long black hair in the bed - we both have short hair! The air con did not work. We turned on the fridge to keep our water cool - froze everything and no adjustment available. We were out all day and only came back to sleep but I would not recommend the hotel. Mainly due to the state of the beds. I found the young girl in reception pleasant but she must cope it allot due to the state of the place. The pavement is broken and uneven, we were upstairs but there was no lighting along the upstairs walkway which made it hard coming back at night. I really feel there is not much interest being shown by the owners. The day we arrived there was a can and litter in the small area outside of the reception - while it was probably left by a pig - I coudnt work somewhere and just walk past something like that. There is obviously a problem and it is a shame as we really enjoyed the 2 nights we ate out in Canmore.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Spent a week in this place and cried for the first two days. Accommodation was dark, dusty,,dilapidated,and depressing. Bedside lamp had no bulb and even if it had, there was no socket in which to plug it in. Tried to book a hair drier throughout the week without success. Staff didn't seem to care. Also very noisy location as sandwiched between two busy highways, Never again! daylight robbery!

Room Tip: avoid unless desperate!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends