“A decent place”

Rundle Mountain Lodge
Reviewed 17 August 2014

A nice place to stay at. Nothing special about this place and everything is as usual. The room was clean. There was no air conditioner but one was not needed because the room seemed to be cool anyways.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2014

What a weird experience. It was incredibly hot in Canmore, and the room we were first given had no air conditioning. It was so stinking hot! We couldn't keep our window open because staff sat right outside our room smoking. We actually bought a fan the second day because it was just so hot in there. Our stove kept blowing fuses and stopped working so they let us switch rooms to the one room that had an air conditioner! What a relief!
I am not convinced our room was clean, while they sprayed lot of I air freshener to make you think it was. Everything was dusty, our bathroom was never cleaned, and we stayed in that one for 5 days. The beds were terribly uncomfy, but we got it cheap. So it's what we expected.
Great view, and loved the Tim Hortons walking distance!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Rundle Mountain Lodge July 22nd through July 25th, 2014. Our first impression was not good. The outside has not been maintained at all. Plants in the flower boxes are dying, the concrete walkway is heaving, etc, etc. The inside of the room was even worse. The carpet is worn out, with several completely bare spots. The bathroom fan was so noisy it sounded like it would fall out of the ceiling any minute. We stayed there 3 nights and never had any room service. When I complained about the problems, all the girl at the office would say is "O.K.". No indication that they planned to do anything about my complaints.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Roger B
Reviewed 30 July 2014

For what you get the price is right. It was a bit outdated but cozy. It was hot and there was no air conditioning but I took a walk in the evening when it became cool. I could have paid a lot more at another hotel but for a quick stop over it was great.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Rooms are clean, smelled good, water pressure was good and water was hot. Bed was not incredibly comfortable, but as expected for a hotel in this price range in the Rockies. We booked ahead on expedia, and then our trip didn't work out as planned, so we ended up staying here the day before our booking. We called ahead and asked if we could change our booking, and they were very accommodating and easy to deal with, and didn't charge us a penalty. All in all a solid choice for an economy hotel in an area where hotels are very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CC841r54w55464
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel after a long day at the Calgary stampede, The one thing I do when I rent a hotel is strip the bed and see if the toilet is clean, well I had a nice surprise when I went in The bathroom, someone had urinated in the bathroom
and did not flush, when I stripped the bed there was long black hair on the bed which very much disgusted me, there were long black hair in the bathtub there was soap scum everywhere's, thick soap scum and mildew , there was so much dust on the TV and on the refrigerator I'm sure it hadn't been dusted in a few months..went downstairs to see the manager he gave me a clean set of sheets and some toilet cleaner and told me I could go clean my own room, I was so surprised and I told my husband never ever ever again will you bring me to this hotel, The managers office was just as dirty if not more than the rooms, i was totally disgusted, for god sakes please if you're thinking of staying here spend a little bit more and go elsewhere, stay away from this place.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Arrived july 6. With my husband. Calgary stampede week. Muggy, warm, about 90. Check in to a rather run down but clean looking room on 2nd floor. Not too bad. Until we want to go to bed. Its still at least 80 degrees. Our bed is by the front window. No air conditioning so we open the window. Of course the curtain has to be open for air to get in. How perfect. Ever Tom,Dick and their families walk by the window and get to look in at me in my undies, sweating like a pig. The air doesnt move here. The sheets are so cheap they have pick balls that are irritating me even more. The lady below is on her balcony hacking up a lung. I am tired, hot and tossing most of the night. Spoke to front desk but because I booked through my Scotia rewards card, they didn't care. Says it is not up to them.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.