“A hidden treasure in the Banff/Canmore area”
Review of Silver Creek Lodge

Silver Creek Lodge
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Canmore
Fort Mcmurray
“A hidden treasure in the Banff/Canmore area”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here 3 times in July on 3 different occasions. The first time was in a studio room, second time in a Murphy bed room, the third time in a two bedroom suite - all at the same very reasonable price! All three rooms were amazing containing full kitchens, and a washer and dryer (very helpful since we were hiking in the mountains). Each was spacious, and each contained a huge outside balcony. The lodge itself contains 3 large outside hot tubs, a spa, and the best part: an underground heated parking area. The lodge has ample storage units in the garage, which we were able to use at no charge. Try the calamari at the on-site restaurant - the best I've had in a long time!

When we called to book a specific type of room, and it wasn't available, they upgraded us with no charge.

My once concern was the poor contactability with the front desk - they must have been on a break. Other than that - we will return each time we head to Canmore.

Room Tip: The lodge upgraded our room at no cost when the one we wanted was unavailable.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beachbumAlberta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Rooms with a view and service with a smile, all at a reasonable price. Clean, well appointed rooms and an overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2011
Paraty, Brazil
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Arrived in Canmore mid high season, without reservation and just drove around. From the road, Silver Creek looks a contemporary and well cared for hotel so we enquired about availability and rates. And 30 minutes later here I am writing this review with a spectacular mountain view on the large patio of a room that has absolutely everything you could want and so beautifully designed. Dishwasher, full kitchen, washer drier, fireplace, deep deep bath, dvd, ipod player, flatscreen tv, american fridge freezer, dressing gowns .....need I go on?. In our eight week trip we have not encountered such amenities including some splurge high- end places in both San Francisco and Vegas.

And the best part is that we are paying motel prices. Unbelievable really.

Lady on front desk run off her feet but so helpful so we have reworking our itinerary and staying longer.

Trust me... this is a very very nice place to relax for a couple of days.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BambuBen
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed 15 July 2011

This hotel is 3 years old and looks like it just opened this season. The hotel and room decor is beautiful. The room was spacious (a 2-bedroom suite) with doors on the bedrooms, unlike what many hotels call suites. Modern, complete, FULLY equipped kitchen: the usual dishes, cooking utensils and cookware plus blender, toaster, dishwasher, more than the usual cookware and full-size refrigerator. Spacious bathrooms.

Sound system with audio piped into all rooms at individual levels, comfortable couch, nice lighting. CD, DVD players, clock radios with iPhone docks.

Three ample hot tubs, spa services available, the works. No pool. If we had seen this place before booking in Banff, we would have stayed the 5 days here rather than there. It's only a 10-15 minute drive into Banff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side, facing away from the highway. Good sound-proofing but not quite e...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan3256
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The views from the rooms are stunning. The decor is gorgeous and relaxing. I love the zen/lodge blending. The hotel seemed very new which gave me confidence in the cleanliness. The housekeeping crew was very helpful and accommodating. 7 of us stayed in the two bedroom suite....if you have a large group it's PERFECT. The beds are the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on - never mind the surround sound stereo that plays through speakers in each room (including the bathroom), but don't worry you can turn it off in any room you don't want it in.

My only complaint is that there was no bellman and the receptionist was a little spaced out, so we were lugging two luggage carts FULL of suitcases all around two floors for a good 15 minutes after telling the receptionist that we had appointments in the hotel's spa in 20 minutes.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is awesome! Most rooms have balconies with stunning mountain views.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2011

A great experience and a beautiful hotel. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer and enjoy all the facilities the place has to offer.
If you're looking for a clean and comfortable room with more amenities than you'd need - this is the place.
The hot tubs are great. the beds comfy and the view outstanding.
I could not have asked for anything more.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This year I selected the Silver Creek Lodge in Canmore to celebrate my birthday with my daughter. Since we have lived 5-8 hours apart for the last eight years, these are usually fun reunions in the mountains; so I searched to find a new place. The ad in last year's Travel Alberta magazine inspired me to pick the Silver Creek as the photos on line were beautiful. It did not dissapoint! The one bedroom suite was elegant and very comfortable. Excellent service from the Reception Staff to Housekeeping made our visit really enjoyable and accomodated all our needs. I even had a surprise birthday cake awaiting!
Though we will now live in the same city, we agreed to continue my annual summer birthday trips. I would definately return to the Silver Creek Lodge! The Dinner Theater Special was fun family entertainment and also a wonderful dinner. Truely a great value! My daughter and I felt so much more relaxed retuning from our Canmore retreat.

Room Tip: Look for the special packages on the Silver Creek Lodge website.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family