“when things go wrong....”
Review of O Bistro - CLOSED

O Bistro
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Princeton NJ
“when things go wrong....”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It looks like most people have a good experience here, but when things go wrong they really go wrong (and the staff adds insult to injury with rudeness). We waited forever, our food was not good and the guy was really, really rude to us. So, if you want to roll the dice, go for it, but I'll never go here again!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank nbrnj
Hello nbrbj,

First of all thank you to take your time to write a review on our restaurant. I'm sorry about your experience at O'bistro I'm sorry that we run out of the cream of tomatoes for your wife and I had to give her a sample to tasted the new soup and she didn't like it, so she ask for the menu again. She also have a look for 5 minutes before to decided to not order anythings else, during that time the kitchen was on hold on your table, so yes it take 32 minutes to served your mains. I'm also sorry that when I bring your fries before that she tasted the fries she told me it was burned, NO that's a mixed of sweet potatoes fries and regular fries so yes it look a little bit darker, but you forget to say that you eat all of them. Sorry again about your bad experience, I think we did all we can do to reach your expectation, but I think that day at that moment with that attitude it was impossible.

We work hard to always improve ourself, we definetly try, but we are human and some time we can make error. We work in restaurant industry on pressure, there less and less worker in restaurant with more and more expectation, so next time you have 15 minutes to eat, grab a sandwich go in a pre-made food restaurant or Mcdonald, they can probably reach your expectation.

Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Pleasently surprised”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

There are plenty of places to eat in Canmore but we found this Bistro at the end of the Main street. The service was fantastic and the food even better. We enjoyed the 'special' of the day. I would highly recommend this for a great eat.

Visited July 2014
Hello Mike G,

First of all thank you to take your time to write a great review on our restaurant. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the service and the special of the day. We work hard to always improve ourself and a great comments like yours give us the energies to continue.

West Texas
“Nice little place”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I don't think the excellent mojito influenced me. The orange duck and basa fish were perfect. They wouldn't serve a dessert because it was too crumbly. The server was very pleasant. She certainly added to the quiet elegance of the small restaurant. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited July 2014
Hello Westtexan,

First of all thank you to take your time to write a great review on our restaurant. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the mojito and the duck a l'orange as the basa.We work hard to always improve ourself and a great comments like yours give us the energies to continue.

Central Point, Oregon
“Pretty good food”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had dinner here one night while staying at the Bow Valley Motel. Just down two establishments from the motel. Enjoyed the food and ate out on the patio by the sidewalk. Enjoyed the view and atmosphere.

Visited June 2014
david d, Manager at O Bistro, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear gdwilkinson1,

First of all thank you to take your time to write a great review on our restaurant. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the food, view and atmosphere. We work hard to always improve ourself, so I will like to know how we can have a 5 stars from you. You can write me a email at obistro@outlook.com.

Los Angeles, California
“Pleasant Spot for Lunch”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stopped here for lunch, randomly, without looking at reviews. We grabbed a spot in the outside patio facing the street. If you want a great place to people watch with a beautiful view of the mountains, this is a pretty good option.

I was a little shocked, in general, at prices for food in Canmore. I found most restaurants to be expensive (relative to the US). Lunch can run you around $12-20 pp (CAD) depending on your selection. The food was delicious. It is obviously a very popular restaurant in the area. I had the minestrone soup and was pleased.

The food portions are smaller than the US, but generally speaking, US food portions are bigger relative to other places in the world. I found, in general, finding good value in the Canadian Rockies to be a challenge. It's simply an relatively expensive place to visit.

All in all, a pleasant dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
david d, Manager at O Bistro, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Voodoo-d,

First of all thank you to take your time to write a great review on our restaurant. I'm very glad that you enjoyed tour lunch. We work hard to always improve ourself and having interesting quality food at interesting price.