“It was a great time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Canmore
Calgary, Canada
“It was a great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

My fiancee and I spend 4 night at Stoneridge as a mini vacation/getaway and it was fantastic. The condo was a great design we actually extended our stay because we really enjoyed the place. Bathroom was spacious and layout was smart. We even rent (free of charge) some DVD to watch. All in all it was a great getaway and would definitely recommend others to consider this place!

Room Tip: Even room facing into the pool is nice. If you want easy access to the back yard pool consider 1st f...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Korean first
Claresholm, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

We stayed in a single king suite overlooking the pool and it was absolutely fantastic. In the fully stocked kitchen you want for nothing. All pots, pants, utensils, BBQ accessories are included in your room. Every room has a personal deck with a BBQ. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on, and the bathroom included Jack and Jill sinks, walk in shower, and tub big enough for two. The service at the front desk was great. And to top it all off, there is heated underground parking for all guests. Hot tub and heated pool were great for snowy winter nights. Definitely recommend to anyone.

It's out of the way of a lot of the attractions, but I found it perfectly fine since we planned on driving to everywhere we were going.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend paying the extra for a room with a view. We were out and about all day and...
3 Thank Lexi S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Totally enjoyed every aspect of our stay....great service , fabulous suite and had a great sleep. We will definitely be back here again.....
Cheers

• Stayed December 2011
Kamloops, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

A group of us went for a weekend getaway. The rooms were gorgeous - up to date and clean, and the outdoor pool and hot tub was beautifully laid out. However it didn't get any better. The second day of our stay housekeeping tidied up two of the bedrooms, but did not make up the third one - not entirely sure why.

The reservation was made for six people yet there was only the one name on the reservation until we were able to add the other names on arrival. A couple of us had arrived earlier and they were given keys and let up into the room. My name was the only one on the reservation, and when I arrived late the GSA would not allow me access to the room because the others had already arrived. I showed my ID to show that it was the original name on the reservation. Even after that it took a few minutes for him to allow me access.

Furthermore, a week or so after, I thought I might have misplaced a couple items in my room. I couldn't quite remember the room number so I gave the GSA my full name and the dates that I had stayed there. I informed him of the one item in particular that I was missing, as well as any other items that we may have left behind. His response was that he could not release anything that was left in that room, those dates, and that reservation without my listing off each item. His reasoning was that if a Rolex was left in that room I would claim it regardless if it was mine or not. In most situations yes that might be the case, but my reasoning was if it was found in the room registered to my name on that dates on my reservation, why would another guests items be in my room??? He said "no items were found, good bye" and ended the conversation. Not sure if he even checked.

Our weekend getaway was for two nights in the beginning of December. It was a chilly weekend and the hot tubs were looking quite appealing. On the first night of our stay, when we went to the hot tub, it was quiet - only one couple. They were quite enamoured with one another and apparently they thought we were interrupting their romantic moment. However a few moments later they start having sex right there in the hot tub. Needless to say, we left immediately. And for the rest of our stay, we felt to uncomfortable to return. Classy!

Room Tip: Make sure you know what you are booking. I booked a 2 bedroom suite with a king and queen. The other...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MarkitaVessier
StoneRidge_Resort, General Manager at StoneRidge Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Dear Markita Vessier,
The problems you describe regarding your stay are very concerning. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity you provided us to review our internal procedures while investigating your comments. This helps to ensure our goal of providing each one of our guests the highest level of customer service and satisfaction. Unfortunately, we do not have a record of your stay with us or of any of the problems you describe.

Our goal is 100% satisfaction. In the event that any of our valued guests bring a problem to our attention during their stay that we are not able to correct, we will not charge for that portion of the stay. Please contact me toll free 1-877-675-5001 so we can explore this matter further. I look forward to speaking with you.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

StoneRidge Mountain Resort was very nice - the room was quite new and had all of the amenities we were expecting. We enjoyed the hot tub and the fact that beach towels and plastic cups were provided at the front desk. We would have preferred to be a little bit closer to the downtown as it was a lengthy walk anywhere...and there weren't any food services associated with the hotel. The other thing that we found a little bit odd was the temperature control. The doors to the front lobby were always open so it was chilly and yet the hallways were extremely warm. Our room was chilly at first, but then got so warm so quickly we had to open the doors to it too! Something was a little bit "off" with the temperatures.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tara M
StoneRidge_Resort, General Manager at StoneRidge Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Hello Tara M,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the T/A community. I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again one day. I am concerend that the temperature controls did not work well in your suite, and would be grateful if you could contact me directly so we can resolve the problem. I want to share that an on site cafe / bistro is in the works, and we hope to have it ready for our guests by this spring. In the meantime, our team can provide dining recommendations bsed on what style of cuisine or experience guests are looking for. I do agree that that downtown Canmore is about a 10-15 minute walk, or a 4 minute drive frm the Stoneridge Mountain Resort. That's one of the many great things about our little town of Canmore, everything is close by!
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a romantic getaway. We reserved a 1-bedroom mountain view suite. Everything was clean and nicely laid out. The suite included a full kitchen, two full bathrooms, a sitting room, and a nice living area. We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub as well, even in the snow.

The resort is a short drive or a 10-15 minute walk to downtown (in the summer, when there's no snow).

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the mountain view. Try to get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

My company was celebrating its 35 Anniversary. So we decided to prepare something special for our employees.
Farra Gillis, Clique Sales Manager, drop some information by my office promoting a package to celebrate Christmas in the Mountains. I contacted her and she arranged a tour to Canmore to check their hotels.
Natasha Huggins, Front Desk Manager at the Stone Ridge was our host that day. She gave me a tour for the facilities. I was amazed about the rooms & amenities. This was what I was looking for!!!!
My group stayed from November 25 to November 27, 2011. I booked all the One Bedroom suites in the hotel (30 rooms in a total - Aprox 60 people). The hotel provided the shuttle service to our Christmas party (Silver Tip Resort). This was great!!!
The rooms are luxury, the staff really friendly and the amenities are amazing.
This is way better than most of the hotels I have ever stayed in!!!
I recommended this hotel for business and families. You feel at home!
My colleagues had a wonderful time there!
Thanks again to Natasha and Farra for helping me to have the best Christmas Party Ever!!!

See you soon

Alexandra G.

Room Tip: Sofa bed is not comfortable. It is ok for kids but i will recommend a 2 bedrooms suites for 4 adults...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexandra G
Alexandra, Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience regarding your company's 35th Anniversary / Christmas Party. I am estatic to learn that over the last 35 years, this years' party was considered to be one of the best ever. We are proud to be partners with Silvertip and must share some credit with them for hosting such a succesful event. I must also commend Natasha and the rest of our team on another job very well done.

We look forward to welcoming your team back soon!
Edward A. Keenan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canmore
Falcon Crest Lodge
#8 of 29 in Canmore
Grande Rockies Resort
Grande Rockies Resort
#19 of 29 in Canmore

Been to StoneRidge Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!