“The room was beautiful, but the experience was.....”

Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Canmore
Alberta
“The room was beautiful, but the experience was.....”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I was so excited when my boyfriend told me that he had booked a room at the Stoneridge to celebrate our 5 year anniversary! He gave me the room description to look at as we departed our home. " One Bedroom King Suite." SWEET! I read further... "deck or patio with exceptional mountain views." Really? Sounds so peaceful! There is says it again..."Suites feature amazing mountain views of the famed Three Sisters, Ha Ling, Rundle Range or Courtyard and Pool views." I could barely wait to check in! A three hour drive later and a lot of anticipation for the romantic weekend that we were going to have in our mountain get-away! Eeeeeee! We park the truck in the heated parking, went up to our third floor room, opened the door, ran to the window to open the blinds, and there it was....a frickin' wall of condos! Really? My heart sank! No where in the descriptions did it say that there were spectacular views of a condo. My boyfriend was mortified, so I called the front desk and asked if we could please be moved somewhere that has a "view." The front desk person was not happy with my request and told me that she would phone me back. I explained to her that it was our anniversary and how disappointed I was with the view. 20 minutes later she called back and in a less than enthusiastic voice told me that she had a pool view room that we could take a look at. By that time, we had already accepted our fate with the overpriced room with a crappy view and were getting ready to go our for our anniversary dinner in Banff. I have never felt so small in my life as I did when the lady talked to me. No empathy what so ever. The next day and night, my afternoon nap and relaxing bath was ruined by a gaggle of screaming, stampeding, ice throwing, window banging teenaged girls. After three conversations with the front desk, it ended. My peaceful and romantic get-away was ruined. To boot, the girls belonged to an condo owner's friend, as the front desk told me. Yup! You heard right! This is not just a hotel, the condo units are being sold. On the positive side, the room was amazing and had everything that you needed to hunker down for the weekend. The washer and dryer were life savers! I guess I should have taken the hint from the bag full of garbage that was left on the kitchen counter from the cleaning ladies when we first walked in the room, that is was going to be a weekend full of the wrong kind of surprises. Pay the extra money for a view room, but management should be ashamed that they mislead customers to believe that "ALL" rooms have exceptional views.

6 Thank bumblebe
StoneRidge_Resort, General Manager at Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Bumblebe,
Our goal is to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay, and as many Trip Advisor Members have noted, our team is very successful in exceeding many of our guest’s expectations. I am sorry to learn that you did not accept our offer to move you to a room with a better view 20 minutes after you voiced your displeasure with the first view. Readers should know that Canmore is surrounded by the Majestic Canadian Rockies, and the mountains can be seen from every one of our suite’s balconies, regardless of location. (You just have to look up) Some views are unobstructed, and definitely more spectacular than others, which is why we offer Premium Mountain View Suites for only an extra $24.95 per day. Thank you for sharing with the Trip Advisor Community, and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to extend our hospitality to you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We arrived earlier than anticipated and our room wasn't ready but we were switched to another room right away. Everything in the room was amazing, beautiful stone work, the pool was great.Customer service was second to none. I will be going back.

Calgary
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We booked the spa and dinner package with a one night stay for a quick romantic get away. Hotel was great, spotlessly clean. Bottle of bubbly on ice was a nice touch. Spa package was ok - not 5 star treatment but a good solid 3 star, I've been spoiled at many upper end spas so hard to compare. Dinner at the Iron Goat was excellent. V casual but v good food. Would stay at the hotel again but would maybe consider cooking our own steaks on the bbq (provided on each balcony) or cook in the well stocked kitchen (has full stove, fridge with top freezer and dishwasher). Hot tub was perfect especially when it snowed! Overall v good experience.

Regina
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Fantastic property! We stayed in the 2+den and were very impressed! The property is super clean, the staff was very friendly and accommodating for any extras. I loved having an in suite washer and dryer, came home after 10 days and hardly had any laundry to do!! We did sight seeing to Banff, shopped at Cross Iron Mills and spent a whole day lounging at the hotel (what the children all asked for). I packed a slow cooker and came home to the hotel to chilli one night and pulled pork the next. Nice to know supper was waiting for us and we could just relax! With a dishwasher in the suite, clean up was super easy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank S L
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The resort was great. The location was close enough to home but far enough to feel like a great getaway. We had a two bedroom with a den suite and the accommodations were wonderful for the group of us who went away for the weekend. It is great to have accommodations that have kitchens so you can cook your own food if you feel like it. We even got a great mountain view from our room without even requesting it. BEAUTIFUL!!!!
The only disappointment was that the internet didn't work with the Ipads we had there unless you were very patient and didn't need it for long.
I would definitely suggest this place for anyone who is looking for a great weekend runaway from Calgary or is traveling to the area of Canmore.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank IJH66
Calgary
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My wife and I (along with another couple) stayed for a two-night weekend getaway, and experienced nothing but the best! The hospitality, cleanliness, service and overall value for money was excellent! We enjoyed a two-bedroom condo with full kitchen facilities, and a tv in each room, including the main living area. It was 5-star convenience at a 4-star price. We will definitely enjoy another stay at the resort in the future.

Bristol
Reviewed 16 April 2012

What a great find! My family and I had originally been planning to stay in Banff to be near the ski centres, however due to an error in the booking (another company had made the error) we decided to look further afield. We couldn't believe when we found StoneRidge, it had all the facilities of the original hotel in Banff but was almost £1000 cheaper (two bedroomed King Suite)! I cannot praise the service we received highly enough; the staff were always polite, cheerful and very helpful. Rooms were excellent; my family and I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canmore
Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE
#10 of 29 in Canmore
Grande Rockies Resort
Grande Rockies Resort
#19 of 29 in Canmore

Been to Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE? Share your experiences!