“Family adventure last minute”

Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We booked our trip last minute and phoned our favorite place and of course they had a suite that perfectly accommodated our family of 5. Upon arrival we were greeted with a friendly smile from the front office supervisor whose name I cannot remember. Being in the industry I appreciate amazing customer service and that I did receive and there is a reason I stay there because of it. Our suite was amazing as usual. We stayed on the ground floor which was nice I think I prefer the top floor just because of the quietness and peacefulness. The outdoor heated pool and hot tub was just what my kids needed it was awesome very slippery on the deck though so make sure you bring slippers or flip flops our feet were freezing. The little coffee shop is a great touch nothing better then a latte first thing in the morning.

Room Tip: The top floor is the best as you don't hear the foot steps other then that if you have a family...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
GMstoneridgeresort, General Manager at Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Crystal H,

Last minute or otherwise the Stoneridge Mountain Resort is ideal for families as evidenced by our recent Trip Advisor 2014 Travelers' Choice Award - Family!

Your comments are very high praise considering they are coming from someone who is in the industry and who really understands hotels and resorts. This is very flattering indeed and of course we are unapologetic in saying that we love to hear it! Also to know that you come back time and again is of course the best news of all!

Indeed the pool and hot tub are open 365 days a year barring any severe weather and while we do keep the deck maintained on a regular basis, it can indeed get slippery out there on the pool deck especially on very cold days. The safety of our guests is paramount at our resort and I am personally looking into seeing if we can make even more improvements to what we currently have in place.

Thank you again for writing a review here on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you all again soon!

John Brownlee

Write a ReviewReviews (1,442)

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We wanted a relaxing few days to get away in winter and based on reviews we booked the StoneRidge Resort. The suite was very well kept and housekeeping and staff are wonderful. Everything in our suite was so inviting and convenient, from the beautiful kitchen with full appliances to the very comfortable bed.

1  Thank Sandra J

Dear Sandra J,

"Well kept suite" and "housekeeping staff are wonderful" are comments we simply can't get enough of and it is this kind of wonderful feedback from guests like you that make it all worthwhile!

Thank you for taking to time to review us on Trip Advisor and we hope you come back soon for another mountain getaway!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Called Saturday night to confirm our reservation. Was told it had been cancelled. She then said she re-booked us. Arrived on a Sunday afternoon. We were early, around 2:00pm so asked if we could check in early. Said our room was not ready till 3 but they could move us to another room. We were assigned room 427 on the 4th floor. View was amazing. Beds are great, Was told there was a jet tub but there was not. Kitchen is nice but bring containers for any left overs you want to keep in the fridge. Hotel staff were very pleasant, The underground parking is nice but signage is brutal when you are trying to figure out were to go. Also, trying to get the bellhop cart with luggage on it threw the door to the elevator lobby from the parking area is a real difficult procedure. A real FAIL on design there.

First night noticed MAJOR mechanical noise, Every time the heat came on you had to raise your voice a bit. Was that way the whole time. Not what I would expect from a major hotel. Also had pipe knocking noises every morning between 5-7am. VERY annoying. loud enough to keep you awake. Don't know if it was just this room or others as well. My advice is stay away from the 4th floor center suites.

Pool and hot tub were good. Pool could use a little bit more cleaning but they probably don't clean it much in January.

Overall if you get a really good deal it's worth the stay but I would not pay full price to stay there. I will check around next time I go to Canmore and try another place.

Room Tip: Stay away from the center suites on the 4th floor.
1  Thank Winston C
GMstoneridgeresort, General Manager at Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Winston C,

Thank you for sharing your guest experience with us on Trip Advisor. We were very surprised and disappointed to read of the frustrations you encountered on your recent stay with us.

We have already started to take action on a number of areas you have have mentioned in your review and we hope that on a return trip you will see the changes we are making or have already made. The team here was already formulating ways to improve signage and the pool surface is actually scheduled to be rebuilt in the very near future. This area was an unfortunate casualty of the terrible floods we experienced in June and is perfectly fine for use until then. All of the resorts suites are equipped with deep soaker tubs, but the pool area does have a jetted hot tub so perhaps this is where some of the confusion lay.

The good news, and most important of all, is that overall you had a good experience and also that our staff were helpful and pleasant throughout your stay. I would very much like to speak with you in more detail about your experience and will call you directly early next week.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Resort met and exceeded our expectations. Good value. Very helpfull and polite staff, excellant indoor parking, well kept and equiped suite. Mountain view is well worth the added value. Booking, check in/out was effortless.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMstoneridgeresort, General Manager at Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Liz W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your guest experience here on the Stoneridge Mountain Resorts Trip Advisor page.

It sounds like you had a very seamless stay with us and of course we truly love when are hard working team is recognized for all the hard work they do! Being from Edmonton, we have no doubt that you will find another excuse for a mountain getaway and that it won't be too long until we see you again!

When you do book again be sure to call us and ask for our returning guest rate!

sincerely,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I made a reservation to stay at the StoneRidge Resort for Dec 7 to 9 2013. The hotel made it clear that I could not cancel the reservation. However when I arrived the hotel told me that it had canceled the reservation and put me in another hotel around the corner.

The hotel I was put in had no amenities at all. You had to go to another hotel down the street to eal, the pool was closed because it was winter (this is a ski resort!), the lights didn't work in the room (all but one was burned out), the room was dirty, and the hotel staffing was minimal.

My advice is to avoid the StoneyRidge. If you do make a reservation, get it in writing that they will honor it.

Steve Graham

Room Tip: check that lights are working, and that it is clean
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank steve g
GMstoneridgeresort, General Manager at Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Mr. Graham,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor as all feedback, both good and not so good, help us to improve how we manage our guests expectations and ultimately their sense of satisfaction.

I know that my team contacted you prior to your arrival as soon as we found out that the room you were assigned had a maintenance issue with it that made it uninhabitable. As is our practice and being sold out, we had no other option but to move you to a neighbouring property and provide you with a complimentary night for a return visit by way of apology.

On that weekend in question, temperatures dipped to dangerous levels (well below -30 C) and we even had our own pool closed, but at the very least we should have followed up with you to ensure your satisfaction and we regrettably did not. Your feedback has provided us with an opportunity to improve and I am already following up with our team here at the hotel to ensure that other guests do not have the experience you had. When we are challenged by unusual circumstances we want you, our valued guest, to feel supported by the Stoneridge Mountain Resort every step of the way.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly and I invite you to call me at your earliest convenience to discuss your concerns in more detail.

1-877-675-5001

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We moved to this hotel after being disappointed with the hotel we initially booked. The front desk staff was friendly. Our suite was awesome and very spacious. The pool and hot tub were fabulous. Overall a great experience and my husband and I were glad we found it!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaime M

Dear Jaime M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our resort and for posting your guest experience to our page on TripAdvisor. It is great to know you have located a resort that exceeds your needs and we look forward to providing you with the same warm, engaging service to you again on your next visit to the mountains.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed at the resort in September had a fabulous time the resort was everything I had been told to expect and better even though they had had the floods in june the resort was in superb condition they were working in various parts of the resort but I was not disturbed one bit the staff were fantastic so nice to have an aussie behind the desk a bit of home which was nice rest of staff excellent ridges café staff very friendly and helpful I agree with the review I have just read we all should move in what a wonderfull place well done everyone thanks for a most wonderfull holiday

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bev C

Dear marcus12345,

We love to get such stratospheric feedback from Senior Contributors to TripAdvisor and especially to have the team recognized for their hard work. I think they may have a hard time coming back "down to earth" once they read your review.

As you point out, we are a very multi-national team and we love the varying experience and perspective that brings to the service we can offer our guests. It is good to know that this provided some extra comfort to your stay.

We hope you make it for a return visit to the Rockies despite the miles that separate our two great countries.