We stayed here for a weekend in early January 2011. We liked it, a lot. Very nice apartment style hotel, secure parking, heated swimming pool and hot tub (outdoor) - all things to make this the perfect place for your mountain exploration adventures in the Banff area, summer or winter... for a reasonable amount of money.
1. Rooms: The rooms are nicely finished, granite, big showers, full kitchens, flat-screen TVs with DVD player. You name it, this place has it right and in spades. Beds slightly soft, but very nice. We stayed in a king plus add'l room for our son and it was perfect. BBQ available for the summer on your own balcony. Overlooked the pool which is very nicely set in the courtyard.
2. Service: Nice people who know how to do their job. 30 minutes after arriving, front desk called to ask if everything was OK. When an obnoxious, drunk lout in the adjoining property (that they own) was making a lot of noise outside, they were on top of it.
3. Pool: Wow, it was -15C and the pool and hot tub were warm and hot, respectively. And both are a very nice size. Kids will love it although it was almost all adults hanging out apres-ski style.
1. Ventilation system: The first day, the heating system was going haywire. On and off all of the time. It was -15C outside. The system would heat, then aircon would kick in, then heat again - trying to keep things perfectly right. Problem is it is loud. Seemed to settle down the second day for some reason.
2. Location: Canmore is an awkward town. This hotel is part of the newer "hotel row" to the east of town, close to the Trans Canada Highway. But from this hotel you heard no highway noise (unlike some others). However, you must have a car (or bikes) to go to restaurants in town.
3. WiFi: Did not work where we were - signal too weak to acquire.
Overall: Highly recommend this place. We are going to go twice more in January 2011 alone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-suite luxury condominium resort hotel nestled in the Canadian Rockies. 5-minute drive to Banff National Park. All suites incl. Full gourmet kitchen, fireplace, 42" & 32" HDTV’s, Ipod stereo, electronic safe, in Suite laundry & gas BBQ. Outdoor Heated pool, Hot Tub and Fitness Center. Available Wi-Fi and heated underground parking. Meeting, Banquet and Reception rooms available. Ridge Cafe (licenced)open daily serving up light meals, baked goods and specialty coffees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoneridge Mountain Hotel Canmore