The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable, however I found the service was terrible. We brought our 2 dogs with us and everytime we walked past the front desk they would ask us what room we were staying in. It made me feel uncomfortable and like I was doing something wrong.
Also, when I booked the hotel I was looking for only 2 amenities. It had to be pet-friendly and I wanted a jacuzzi in the suite . I called the hotel directly to book a room as I wanted to ensure there was no size limit on pets and also to confirm they have jacuzzi suites. I didn't want anything to go wrong. I spoke with the girl at the front desk and she confirmed "a jacuzzi suite with king size bed with 2 pets for 1 night". It was going to be a perfect night.
When we checked in, and got our things to the room there was no jacuzzi in the suite. I called to the front desk to inquire and they said they have no jacuzzi's in any suite. I told them what the girl told me when I booked the room and they said "I must have misunderstood. We only have jetted tubs". Well that's a huge difference between a jacuzzi and a jetted tub (which we tried anyway and it didn't even work). Needless to say it put a damper on the trip (which was supposed to be a birthday celebration for my boyfriend).
I don't want this review to sound like someone complaining about not getting their way, but it was very frusterating as I wanted this night to be perfect (well as perfect as it could be). I called a month in advance to book this and put a lot of thought into it.
One last thing that frusterated me was we brought our 2 dogs (1 big, 1 small) and they put us on the top floor (the 4th floor) on the far side of the hotel from the elevator. So when we had to take them outside for a potty break we had to travel through a large group of people that let their kids run rampent in the hallways and get both dogs excited and walk the lengh of the hotel, wait for the elevator (which wasn't very quick) all the while trying to keep the dogs calm and keep the kids away. I've stayed at other hotels with my pets and they usually put you on the first or second floor near the elevator so you can get in and out quickly. They were not able to move us as all the rooms were booked.
Thanks for reading. The hotel itself was clean and the loft room was ok, but not worth the $200+ we spent for it. Will go somewhere else for sure next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Resort Chateau Canmore is an all suite property features 93 units, offering spectacular views of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. This full service hotel includes a family restaurant, sports lounge, and full fitness centre. You can enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool or soothe aching muscles in the outdoor hot tub or sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Resort Chateau Canmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Resort Chateau Canmore Hotel Canmore
- Quality Inn Canmore
- Quality Hotel Chateau Canmore