“Best sleep for best price I've ever had!”

Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

After looking for a cheap room for the night lastnight in Canmore we stumbled upon this place. Room was quite nice and at 79$ after tax? It was a steal! Definitely a 3.5 - 4 star place for super cheap!! We are still in shock today at how great the place was for so cheap! We stayed in 133 and it was beautiful. Bathroom was meh but we aren't looking for 5 star when crashing quickly for the night haha

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I just stayed there this past weekend. The very friendly staff, combined with the really clean rooms made my stay a pleasure. I stayed in a newly renovated 2 double-bed room with kitchenette. It was as nice as 3.5-4 star hotel, but a whole lot cheaper. The beds were new and super comfortable. I had such a great sleep. The showers was great. The only concern was the walls were a little thin and sound can travel from the next room. Nothing ear plugs can't fix when sleeping. But the price was great. Very easy to get in and out of the facility. I would stay there again. Easy 10 minute walk to the main street.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Basic Motel, BUT friendly, brand new room, comfortable, perfect location and amazing views. Most of all--the price is right. Stayed for one night and will be back next time in Canmore. Thank you for allowing us to check in (very) early. It always makes a guest feel good when the hotel tries to make my life easier and does not play by the "book of rule" just for the fun of it.

Room Tip: We had 136 which was completely redone.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AR2
Reviewed 29 January 2014

For the price that I paid for two nights ($67 a night), this was a great deal and I would be tempted to give it five stars. However, I was lucky because usually I see the price at $89 for this time of the year. Still very reasonable, but not enough of a bargain to separate it from the pack and get those five stars. My room was ground floor with parking right outside my door which is my preferred choice. The bed was very comfortable and I slept soundly. The room had a coffee machine, fridge, microwave, a cupboard with plates, cups, ect. A good supply of channels for the TV and free WIFI. The location is fairly convenient and the staff was very friendly. As I said, for $67 a night I would gladly stay here again. All that being said, there were a few minor negatives. The TV was a flat screen but pretty small and kind of cheap. I had to turn it on and off again a few times to get the sound to work. The coffee maker didn't have a place to plug it in other than near the hairdryer which required the coffee maker to be right on the edge of the counter. Also, there was a lamp attached to the wall over the beds headboard in kind of an inconvenient location. If they could move it up a foot that would be much better. As I said, fairly minor things and the pro's greatly outweigh the con's.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AJB41
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Great room if all you will do is sleep and ski/snowboard! Otherwise, wouldn't suggest it. The rooms smelled, the washroom was dirty and the light kept flickering when on, and the T.V was the size of a tablet in the living room (no TV in bedroom).
The hot tub and sauna was nice though, so like I said, great place for skiing!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catherine B
GM-RMSL, General Manager at Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Customer,

Greetings from the Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge. We are very sorry to hear about your recent unpleasant stay with us in October 2013. Offering clean and comfortable rooms is our mainstay and to hear that it was less than that is disappointing.

The Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge takes pride in offering great service and good value at an affordable price and we apologize if we fell short of this. It’s unfortunate that we were not made aware of the situation while you were here as we would have been happy to address it right away. With regards to the size of the TV in your room, it is true that we still have some rooms with smaller flat screen TV’s. However, we are moving towards larger scale televisions in all our rooms.

If you are able to contact us directly, I would be happy to discuss this with you further with the hopes that you might give the Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge another try on your next visit to Canmore. You might even want to try our newly renovated standard style rooms, some of which have kitchens.

Regards,
Donna Trautman

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Very convenient location, comfy rooms, love the fireplace! I stay here whenever I visit Canmore and it never disappoints. The staff are friendly and quick to respond to any requests. I always get the apartment room, love being able to cook my own meals. It is sure to be clean and bright. Short walk to downtown Canmore, grocery stores or anywhere in town I need to go. And the rabbits are an added attraction when they visit outside my patio doors...: ) I recommend this place for anyone travelling with a family or by themselves, you can even get a loft bedroom!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My 2 friends and I chose this hotel because it had apartments that would give each of us our own bed - we stayed in the loft apt with 2 beds upstairs and one downstairs. The hotel is in an easy to get to location just of the Trans Canada and is an eay 10 minute walk to downtown Canmore. There are plenty of shops nearby.

The apt was very clean and had a good sized fridge and a small stove. It also had a gas fireplace, but we could never figure out how to get it turned on. The negatives were the dripping ac in the loft that required us to place a recycling container lined with a towel under it so that the carpet didn't get wet and so that the dripping noise didn't keep us up all night. The cleaning staff didn't do anything abt it when they came in (nor did we mention it to the front desk), Also, the shower is really short - I'm 5'5" and I could barely fit under it. I'm not sure how my 6'2" friend managed. The apt was also about 4-5' too narrow - getting in and out was a bit awkward with the door and the stairs.

The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful and can sell you stamps to both the US and Europe if you're in need.

Overall, it was what we were looking for and the positives outweighed the negatives.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends