“Great Place in the Rockies”

Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay from July 19 - 23 was great. We are a family of 4, we were in a loft apartment room #271 (B floor plan). The second floor (loft) had two beds and a bathroom over looking the living / kitchen area which was great for the kids. The beds were very comfortable, the small fully stocked kitchen had a full size fridge and stove, microwave and a sink. My wife and I stayed here in 2005 as well, the rooms haven't changed much but for this price and this close to Banff it is a great value. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely return again. Absolutely love it here!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ginn1973

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We booked a room at this hotel on our way back from a business trip to British Columbia. When we arrived the young Auzzie that was working at the desk was very helpful, cheerful and pleasant to deal with. Room was very clean, and had a very "homey" feel to it. The only quirk was the one bed needs a new mattress as you do a bit of the "roll to the center" trick - lol. Over-all the stay was very pleasant and I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have stayed here before, and were happy to return. The rooms are spacious, the beds are extremely comfortable, and it is dog friendly. (they even include emergency vet numbers, and dog-related services in their binder).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights. There was 5 of us and we good 2 connected rooms and one of them got 2 levels. Just EPIC. Very comfy beds, clean, spacious bathroom and kitchen. Great views from the balcony. Great place if you would like to visit Banff or Lake Louise. Free Wi-Fi. Jacuzzi and sauna on site. Very kind and helpful staff. Definitely would like to stay there again in the future. Free parking. Few restaurants around and shopping mall few steps away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kurzew
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have stayed at this lodge more times than we can count over the past 5 years. Although it is not fancy, it is neat, tidy, and very comfortable. Price wise, it can not be beat! The owners and staff make this place what it is, fabulous! We will not stay anywhere else when we go to Canmore/Banff area. We will chose a different weekend over staying elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

our whole family of 6 adults & 4 children booked a 2 x family apartment which has a double bedroom & a loft.
it was off the highway but in a convenient location , near the town centre with many restaurents around. the supermarkets are about 10 minutes walk away & the cooking facilities in the apartment are good,
the property was very clean with a playground & bbq area & there is also a laundry room which makes it handy.
it was a great base for us to the Banff National Park where you can enjoy a hike to Tunnel Mountain & even a 26km bike ride from Canmore to Banff.
the only setback was the weak wifi strength.
it is highly recommended cos of the location & reasonable price.

Room Tip: maybe choose a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Clean, Friendly, Accommodating, Kitchen, Comfortable Bed, Quiet. I came to this location because I was traveling with my small dog and they have a couple of rooms available for pets. However, should I return without him, which likely I will, I would definitely book here again. I might add that I have a sensitivity to dog hair and my little guy is a yorkie so that is not an issue. Most, if not all places I have stayed with my dog have odours and dog hair. Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge was spotless! Very impressive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo